Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Stimulus question  (Read 2780 times)

• Liked: 719
Re: Stimulus question
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2021, 02:32:50 PM »
Amazingly, a stimulus check (sic) dropped through the letterbox this morning (9th December) dated and mailed by the IRS on 1st October 2021 - must have come by pony express - but I'm as happy as Larry as I was just about to put a trace on it with the IRS!  :)

Congratulations  :)

I have recently had to send 2 tax forms to the State IRS in both California and Louisiana.  In each case I sent them as tracked mail through the Post Office. As usual it takes less than 48 hours to get to the USA at which point I sign up for USPS tracking emails and then I watch the letters bounce around in sorting offices all over the place before eventually reaching their destinations well over 4 weeks later, and that is normal.  One tax return I sent to the IRS took over 2 months to arrive so this past 2 years I have used UPS which is much more expensive but at least it gets there within 2 weeks.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 55
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2021, 02:44:46 PM »
Yep - nothing surprises me.

I've taken to sending with Fedex all my returns and correspondence - using Parcel Compare (https://parcelcompare.com/) to get best pricing - nearly always gets there within 24 hours of pickup - with proof of delivery. Still doesn't get the IRS to process any quicker though - I'm convinced returns received in paper form are deposited in a trailer, where they stay for months on end!.

I've recently had the misfortune of an IRS examination of my (very complex) 2017 return - and surprisingly I have been able to correspond directly with the examining agent  using email - with password protected pdf documents being sent back and forth - it has improved the process incredibly - I won't say the IRS agent is now my mate, but he has been incredibly polite and productive and resolving things so far - and in my favour!!

• Liked: 719
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2021, 03:06:49 PM »
Yep - nothing surprises me.

I've taken to sending with Fedex all my returns and correspondence - using Parcel Compare (https://parcelcompare.com/) to get best pricing - nearly always gets there within 24 hours of pickup - with proof of delivery. Still doesn't get the IRS to process any quicker though - I'm convinced returns received in paper form are deposited in a trailer, where they stay for months on end!.

I've recently had the misfortune of an IRS examination of my (very complex) 2017 return - and surprisingly I have been able to correspond directly with the examining agent  using email - with password protected pdf documents being sent back and forth - it has improved the process incredibly - I won't say the IRS agent is now my mate, but he has been incredibly polite and productive and resolving things so far - and in my favour!!

Wow, that IRS interaction method does seem extremely efficient.

We live out in the sticks a bit so the local options for sending stuff to the USA via tracked mail is either at our Post Office or UPS where I do all the paperwork and packaging and pay online then take it to the UPS drop-off point at our dry-cleaners.  Thanks for the link above, I will check it out for next time.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 55
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2021, 03:11:02 PM »
I would say for us, Fedex pickup so no trudging out to mix with the masses! - not sure if that is the case in your part of the world - the price you pay for living in 'gods' country' !

Sponsored Links