Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dual voltage cords  (Read 2940 times)

• Liked: 0
Dual voltage cords
« on: October 21, 2020, 11:40:06 PM »
Can I buy dual voltage cords in the UK for my PS4, Samsung TV, Apple computers etc ?  Or should I purchase stateside ?

• Liked: 1891
Re: Dual voltage cords
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 08:27:20 AM »
Can I buy dual voltage cords in the UK for my PS4, Samsung TV, Apple computers etc ?  Or should I purchase stateside ?
  Not sure what you mean, as a cord doesn't really have a voltage.  Cords do have either a US or UK plug on the end that goes into the wall. 
I would guess that most of the things that you mention (PS4, tv and computer) will run on both UK or US voltage levels, although you should check to be sure.  You should also be able to buy cords with the right plugs for wherever you are living.  They should just be standard and easily available on Ebay.
Hope this helps 

• Liked: 718
Re: Dual voltage cords
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 11:58:41 AM »
Provided that the devices you list are dual voltage (110 - 220v) then the actual cord you buy or bring over will take the voltage and current as those devices are very low current.  We brought our electronic devices over and simply changed the plugs rather than use a plug adapter.  However, a couple of Apple devices, a Macbook and an iPad have the transformer built into the plug so we had to use adapters which go from US 2-pin to UK 3-pin.  (All electronic devices convert 110 - 220v to 12v DC and with the MacBook and iPad that conversion to 12v DC is done outside the device to cut down on weight). My older iPad uses a USB cable to charge so a standard UK plug with USB outlets works fine.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab