Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A few questions: leaving the Uk (declaring?) and getting pension money from work  (Read 3463 times)

• Liked: 5
Hey all,.

I have a few questions if anyone could please advise that'd be super helpful!

1. If I leave the UK but intend to come back on a spousal visa again in the future, do I need to fill out any forms to the government?

2. I've been paying in pensions schemes through work for the past few years, how do I receive this money if I'm leaving the country and am not a citizen yet?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 11:39:46 AM by cjga »

• Liked: 676
Can't help with the first question.

The second question is you'll have to check with the pensions' administrator. It's my understanding you pretty much can't get it back until you are of retirement age. Regardless of where you live.

• Liked: 718
Can't help with the first question.

The second question is you'll have to check with the pensions' administrator. It's my understanding you pretty much can't get it back until you are of retirement age. Regardless of where you live.

That is also my understanding. Just be sure you know who the custodian of your pension is and keep them updated with your new address. When I left in 1987 I had paid into 2 pensions during 2 jobs, each lasting 6 years. Every time we moved in the USA I made sure I sent them our new address, including when we returned 29 years later. I’m now retired and receiving 2 small pensions from those schemes.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links