Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Leaving UK and Returning as means to extend stay  (Read 3408 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Leaving UK and Returning as means to extend stay
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2020, 04:49:31 PM »
Nah, I was thinking if I needed an extra week or two to secure the money. Never dreamed of more than that. But also not necessary at all. Just wondered how it would look.
sorry my question was not more clear.  :-[
But do I really need to be gone 6 months if I was here 6 months? I was hoping for maybe 2 or 3 months and then come back and marry within 2 months.
How would they see that?
Thanks
If you came back on a visa it would no longer be an issue. If you tried to come back, that's where the potential issue issue sits (again, depending on a bit of luck- how long is a piece of string?) When you reenter, if you do so with no real return ticket home, they wont know if it would be 2 or 3 months or 6 or permanent if that makes. If you come back with a visa, it's irrelevent. You do need to apply for the visa in the US (i case you weren't aware).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2020, 05:01:10 PM »
Are you saying that because I have been here (about 4 months so far) that they will want to take longer that the 6 weeks I pay for to do my application?
I am confused.  Thanks
Maybe I should leave asap. . .
I had no idea they looked at that...
No i am saying if you are here for 6 months and leave for a day to france and return and they decide that they think you are unlawfully trying to live in the UK by staying in the country longer than outside it (as highlighted in other comments) so they reject your entry, THAT may mean they take longer to process your application than the 6 weeks you've paid for because you now have an entry refusal on your passport record so become a non straightforward application (and it can be a pain when visiting or othercountries as well). 4 months isnt the problem and isnt what you mentioned in your original post.

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Met in 1994, met face to face in 2020
    • Riven Calyx
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2020, 05:59:42 PM »
Hi, sorry. That was in conjuction with « Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 01:50:26 PM »

Your needing to use the NHS or having to use US healthcare, and was generically meant not only for you but a wider audience. I'm sure you already know the cost of healthcare in the USA. Not sure you knew the cost of healthcare in the UK, etc.

Not a problem. Thanks for explaining.  :)
I just purchased a plane ticket for after Christmas.

• Riven Calyx
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2020, 07:47:58 PM »
If you came back on a visa it would no longer be an issue. If you tried to come back, that's where the potential issue issue sits (again, depending on a bit of luck- how long is a piece of string?) When you reenter, if you do so with no real return ticket home, they wont know if it would be 2 or 3 months or 6 or permanent if that makes. If you come back with a visa, it's irrelevent. You do need to apply for the visa in the US (i case you weren't aware).

Ah, no I was just toying with the idea of staying longer but wasn't sure how it would bode. I will definitely come back with a visa.
Again, I pobably wasn't clear on my original question!
It makes sense now, lol!

• Riven Calyx
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2020, 07:50:48 PM »
No i am saying if you are here for 6 months and leave for a day to france and return and they decide that they think you are unlawfully trying to live in the UK by staying in the country longer than outside it (as highlighted in other comments) so they reject your entry, THAT may mean they take longer to process your application than the 6 weeks you've paid for because you now have an entry refusal on your passport record so become a non straightforward application (and it can be a pain when visiting or othercountries as well). 4 months isnt the problem and isnt what you mentioned in your original post.

Oh okay. Yes, this is directly answering my question.
Sorry, I can be slow sometimes. Lol
Thank you
Yeah, I'm going back near end of December and then returning with a visa. Will have been here just under 6 months.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2020, 08:26:12 PM »
Oh okay. Yes, this is directly answering my question.
Sorry, I can be slow sometimes. Lol
Thank you
Yeah, I'm going back near end of December and then returning with a visa. Will have been here just under 6 months.
That’s fine, then :). Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab