Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wendy's is coming!  (Read 2172 times)

• Southern American Food Truck
  • Liked: 2
Wendy's is coming!
« on: November 06, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »
Putting this out into the world... There's a Wendy's opening up in Reading, where there is already a taco bell as well.  Also, there is a couple of  "American" tuck shops Reading as well. :o

• Liked: 1892
Re: Wendy's is coming!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 06:06:40 PM »
Wendy's in the UK is such a complicated thing!  Open, then closed, now I guess open again.
There used to be Wendy's here pre-2000 for some reason.  They also open the occasional pop up shop for some bizarre reason

• Liked: 957
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 07:50:01 PM »
Hmmm. I can't see myself going to Reading just for Wendy's, but that's good to know! Next IKEA trip may include a frosty. :D

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 09:51:32 PM »
I'm frequently in Reading, but don't think I'd drive there just for it either, but might stop in if I was in the neighborhood  ;D

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 04:49:16 PM »
By the way @Soul Shack , how can we arrange some Southern American Food Truck action?  Can you start posting a schedule or something?  I'll drive!

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 05:33:13 PM »
Well, @jimbocz right now, all of my events have been cancelled, and I'm not allowed to trade in my usual way, so I can't park up any where and have queues of folks.  I can operate as a take away with a land owner's permission, I would need a bit of space, but I've been in some tight ones.  And some organization.  So, am I allowed to set up a thread on here to post a schedule?  I'm currently not planning anything until after Christmas due to my restrictions, who knows what the "guidelines" will be then!  We would have to be pretty creative... set up in a neighborhood... I don't know...

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 10:30:14 PM »
Well, @jimbocz right now, all of my events have been cancelled, and I'm not allowed to trade in my usual way, so I can't park up any where and have queues of folks.  I can operate as a take away with a land owner's permission, I would need a bit of space, but I've been in some tight ones.  And some organization.  So, am I allowed to set up a thread on here to post a schedule?  I'm currently not planning anything until after Christmas due to my restrictions, who knows what the "guidelines" will be then!  We would have to be pretty creative... set up in a neighborhood... I don't know...
If you are able to set up, I'd come see you! I'm sorry the new guidelines have hit you so hard, that's crazy you can't set up and do takeaway like usual. :( A friend managed to start a new pizza takeaway business in the last lockdown because their food cart in the city obviously didn't work with no people working there.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 01:57:54 PM »
As far as I am concerned you can certainly set up a thread to post a schedule.  We are all interested. 

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 04:27:07 PM »
OK when I get some events in the calendar I'll set up a thread!  Some of us have managed to set up a take away, some have set up online grocery service with their products.  Really having difficulty imagineering a new way for my particular food.  I have re invented myself so many times already...  I'll really have to devote some head space to it to get geared up for the spring! 

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 06:29:38 PM »
I haven't been lately, but I think the Brentford Market is open

https://www.facebook.com/brentfordmarket/

There used to be several food trucks and they looked like they were doing well.  Might be worth checking if the burrito truck still comes.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2020, 07:09:39 PM »
We are getting one near us as well!
Can't remember if its coming to Tidworth or Basingstoke but I am excited. I miss spicy nuggies!

Also, more info please on this burrito truck lol

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 08:24:49 AM »
We are getting one near us as well!
Can't remember if its coming to Tidworth or Basingstoke but I am excited. I miss spicy nuggies!

Also, more info please on this burrito truck lol
  It's a burrito truck run by an American woman that used to come to the Brentford market.  Very nice lady and good food.  Don't know more than that. 
Seems like we are spoiled for choice for burritos these days, at least where I live.  There's at least 3 places within bike riding distance of my house.  In london there's the excellent Cilango and mediocre Chipotle. 

• Liked: 674
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 05:07:57 PM »
Enjoy the Wendys!  Hopefully they won't change it up too much to match local tastes, as Taco Bell did in Glasgow. Second on the Chipotle evaluation. They were tiny when we had them in London, and way too heavy on the rice. And no fresh citrus slices to squeeze on them were available. Way better than any burrito we had in Glasgow, but still lacking. Glad to hear the burrito drought is over!

We, rather surprisingly, have found that Wendys has localized their food a bit here. Or we've just been unlucky and gotten Spicy Chicken Sandwiches a few times now from a batch that they kind of neglected to put the spices into.  ;)

To the food-truck: You are definitely what people need, as you bring, basically, the food to them. Hope you can get it up and running soon.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 07:19:33 AM »
  It's a burrito truck run by an American woman that used to come to the Brentford market.  Very nice lady and good food.  Don't know more than that. 
Seems like we are spoiled for choice for burritos these days, at least where I live.  There's at least 3 places within bike riding distance of my house.  In london there's the excellent Cilango and mediocre Chipotle.
Maybe I'll get lucky and someone savvy will come along with a food truck near me!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab