Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Petition to Parliament to extend period drivers can use foreign licenses  (Read 648 times)

• Liked: 31
There's an online petition to parliament to extend the 12-month period drivers can use their foreign license to drive in the UK, due to COVID-19.   I saw this mentioned in a response on another topic.  Thought I'd post it as a separate topic so more members might become aware and sign the petition.

Here's what it says:

During this 12-month period new UK residents are expected to apply for a provisional driving licence, pass theory test and a driving test. Due to Covid-19 provisional driving licences have been delayed, theory and driving tests have been cancelled or delayed. Even if the DVLA returns to operate as normal there's a long backlog. New UK residents may not be able to drive or perform many critical tasks involving driving such as drive for a living, commuting, attending health treatments, etc.

And here's the link.  As of now it has just under 5,000 signatures.  It needs 10,000 to force a government response, or 100,000 to be considered for debate in Parliament.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/329081

• Liked: 1891
Re: Petition to Parliament to extend period drivers can use foreign licenses
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 07:59:06 AM »
Makes sense, I've signed it. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab