Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) IHS disaster!  (Read 1032 times)

• Liked: 11
FLR (M) IHS disaster!
« on: November 28, 2020, 12:05:08 PM »
Hey folks! I hope someone can help! We have had a little disaster!

We paid for my wifes IHS charge using her bank card and it declined, we then used mine and it worked. Sadly we have looked at our bank account and they have taken charges from both cards, basically double charged us. How easy is it to get a refund from the home office to get one of these payments back? Has anyone had this issue before. We would really like to get the money back sooner rather than later.
Married: 31/12/2017
Biometrics: 28/02/2018
Docs. Received: 06/03/2018
Visa acceptance: 08/04/2018
FLR (M) application: December 2020

• Liked: 287
Re: FLR (M) IHS disaster!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 12:07:46 PM »
Is there not a number or email address where you can log this complaint?

You will be able to get a refund, so try not stressing about that too much.

Maybe these contact numbers might help you.

If you’re in the UK
Telephone: 0300 330 7693
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

If you’re outside the UK
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 283 8937
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:10:03 PM by j4v3d »
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 12:09:18 PM »

We paid for my wifes IHS charge using her bank card and it declined, we then used mine and it worked. Sadly we have looked at our bank account and they have taken charges from both cards, basically double charged us. How easy is it to get a refund from the home office to get one of these payments back? Has anyone had this issue before. We would really like to get the money back sooner rather than later.

They will refund you. https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds

.Refunds

You’ll get a full immigration health surcharge (IHS) refund if:

you paid twice

• Liked: 768
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 12:13:02 PM »

How long ago did this happen? Are you sure it was actually deducted and not just placed on hold. It can stay on hold for up to 3-5 days before it releases from a pending charge.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 12:19:04 PM »
They will refund you. https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds

That is relieving to know! Will they do it off their own back or will I need to contact them?

How long ago did this happen? Are you sure it was actually deducted and not just placed on hold. It can stay on hold for up to 3-5 days before it releases from a pending charge.

It just happened about 30 minutes ago but the money is not longer in the account, the only reason we found out was when our cards declined for the actual application payment. Thankfully we have some savings, but it would have been great to still have that money!

Thanks you all, it helps with peace of mind. Now just to book and appointment and get documents scanned there.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 12:25:05 PM »
That is relieving to know! Will they do it off their own back or will I need to contact them?

From the link.  :)

.If you are due a full or partial refund for these reasons, you do not have to do anything to get it. It will be automatically paid to the account or card you paid with.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 12:26:56 PM »

It just happened about 30 minutes ago but the money is not longer in the account, the only reason we found out was when our cards declined for the actual application payment. Thankfully we have some savings, but it would have been great to still have that money!

Thanks you all, it helps with peace of mind. Now just to book and appointment and get documents scanned there.
Yep, that is a hold. If the payment declined, the IHS fee wasn't actually paid.

A hold will not allow you access to your funds until it is released. 

It is the same as gas pumps, hotel bookings, etc. They place a temporary hold until the actual charges either clear (paid out) or release. (Not paid out. )

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 342
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 01:28:00 PM »

It just happened about 30 minutes ago but the money is not longer in the account, the only reason we found out was when our cards declined for the actual application payment.

If it has been paid, it will show as a payment on the statement.

If you mean the available balance shows the deduction, the money hasn't gone anywhere but is reserved for that payment. As Tami has said, this will be resolved in a few days.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 01:37:46 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 01:56:30 PM »
And regardless, as frustrating as it is dealing with the Home Office they would see a double payment and refund it. 

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 09:36:42 PM »
So still no refund, although to be fair we are not sure what time frame we are looking at. We have also realised it has taken the payment from a different card (my wifes card declined, so we tried mine). It is the same account but a different card. This may not be an obvious double payment.

Is there a number we can call? We could really do with this money returned.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 09:52:41 PM »
So still no refund, although to be fair we are not sure what time frame we are looking at. We have also realised it has taken the payment from a different card (my wifes card declined, so we tried mine). It is the same account but a different card. This may not be an obvious double payment.

Is there a number we can call? We could really do with this money returned.

According to the link larrabee posted above, the refund won't be issued by UKVI until they have made a decision on your visa (I assume because they will not be aware that you have paid twice until they actually process your application).

It can then take about 6 weeks from the visa decision for the refund to go through.

So, I wouldn't expect it back for several more weeks, perhaps a few months, depending on how long it takes for your visa to be processed.

From the IHS webpages (https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds):

How long it takes
You usually get your refund within 6 weeks of getting a decision on your visa application. It can take longer if you appeal or ask for an administrative review after your visa application is refused.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab