Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) extension - when do we need to apply?  (Read 431 times)

• Liked: 3
FLR(M) extension - when do we need to apply?
« on: December 01, 2020, 03:17:13 PM »
Hi all! I’m back after nearly 2.5 years, having successfully got my husband’s spousal visa in July 2018!

His BRP expires on 24 January, and I’ve just started looking at the requirements for the extension application and I’m now panicking a bit because it looks like other people here are applying well in advance of the expiry date. Do I need to be applying right this second for the extension, or do we realistically have until January? I was planning on paying for an expedited service, if that makes any difference...

Edit: i think I should add that he came to the country in June 2018 on a fiancé visa, and we then ‘converted’ to the spousal visa in July 2018 (the visa was granted on 24 July 2018 for 30 months).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 03:33:04 PM by riversilver »

• Liked: 3589
Re: FLR(M) extension - when do we need to apply?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 03:39:45 PM »
His BRP expires on 24 January, and I’ve just started looking at the requirements for the extension application and I’m now panicking a bit because it looks like other people here are applying well in advance of the expiry date. Do I need to be applying right this second for the extension, or do we realistically have until January? I was planning on paying for an expedited service, if that makes any difference...

Edit: i think I should add that he came to the country in June 2018 on a fiancé visa, and we then ‘converted’ to the spousal visa in July 2018 (the visa was granted on 24 July 2018 for 30 months).

As he entered the U.K. on a fiancé visa and switched to FLR(M), he cannot actually apply for his second FLR(M) until 28 days before the expiry date of his visa.

If his visa expires on 24th January, the earliest date he can submit the online application is 27th December.

The people who have applied earlier than this are those who entered the U.K. on 33-month spousal visas, not fiancé visas, which give an extra 3 months leeway at the end of the visa, which you don’t get with FLR(M).

Currently there is no expedited service available, due to Covid, so your only option right now is the free standard service, which can take 8 weeks from biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 05:38:53 PM »
As he entered the U.K. on a fiancé visa and switched to FLR(M), he cannot actually apply for his second FLR(M) until 28 days before the expiry date of his visa.

If his visa expires on 24th January, the earliest date he can submit the online application is 27th December.

The people who have applied earlier than this are those who entered the U.K. on 33-month spousal visas, not fiancé visas, which give an extra 3 months leeway at the end of the visa, which you don’t get with FLR(M).

Currently there is no expedited service available, due to Covid, so your only option right now is the free standard service, which can take 8 weeks from biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! Presumably if the application is still pending after the expiry date he’s not going to have to leave the country?

Also - I recognise your username from when we originally applied and just want to say a massive thank you, you and the other members were all so so helpful and I’m so grateful you all spend time replying to messages on this site!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 05:44:53 PM »
Thank you so much! Presumably if the application is still pending after the expiry date he’s not going to have to leave the country?

No, he'll be fine.

As long as the online application is submitted before his current visa expires, it doesn't matter how long it takes for it to be processed, because his immigration status and right to work in the UK will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave while the visa is processing.

See here for more information about Section 3C Leave:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/771652/3C-3D-Leave-v9.0ext.pdf

Also - I recognise your username from when we originally applied and just want to say a massive thank you, you and the other members were all so so helpful and I’m so grateful you all spend time replying to messages on this site!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 05:56:12 PM »
No, he'll be fine.

As long as the online application is submitted before his current visa expires, it doesn't matter how long it takes for it to be processed, because his immigration status and right to work in the UK will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave while the visa is processing.

See here for more information about Section 3C Leave:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/771652/3C-3D-Leave-v9.0ext.pdf

Thank you!!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab