Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Renewal and Pregnancy  (Read 351 times)

• Liked: 12
FLR(M) Renewal and Pregnancy
« on: December 02, 2020, 06:42:45 AM »
Hello,

It's that time again of looking at visa renewal. I just looked at my BRP for my current spousal visa expires on 21 April 2021.

Amazingly, we are also expecting our first child!  :D

Unfortunately, our timing is really not ideal as our baby is supposed to arrive on/around 19 April 2021.

So essentially, my baby and my visa application have almost the same due date!   :o

I've been hoarding mail for years now, so I plan to have all the documents that I can have ready to go as soon as possible. But I also know that many can't be compiled until the month I submit (very pregnant!)  :-\\\\  And what about those appointments I'm supposed to go to??   ???

So, I have just a few questions/concerns (apologies for asking about every possible scenario...):

1) Am I right in thinking I can apply for my visa earlier than 21 April, but only 28 days earlier? (I was previously on a fiance visa).  So that means 25 March is the earliest I can apply and 21 April is the latest?

2) Assuming I can complete my visa before baby arrives . . . Does the application require information or documentation on dependent children? not-yet-born dependent children? We would meet the threshold for finances either way, but I don't know what to put down since (at this point) the baby is not born. 

3) Any advise on what to do if the baby arrives before I submit my application? For example, say baby arrives on 24 March, do I then need to include information on my newborn baby in the application?  (That sounds super stressful having just given birth and trying to get paperwork done!!  Maybe I need to start praying this baby is late!)

4) Any advise on what to do if baby arrives after I submit my application online but before I get my documents sent?  Other than the real pain of trying to remember (or even being able) to go a biometrics appointment having just given birth . . .

5) What happens if I am unwell in the last weeks of pregnancy and cannot go to appointments required of me? Can I do any of that early?

It's hard to plan a visa application around a baby's due date!
UK Fiancé Visa (Priority)
Docs Sent: 29 Jan 2018
Decision Made Email: 12 March (28 BD)

FLR (M) Visa
Docs Sent: 14 Sept 2018
BRP Received: 17 Oct 2018

• Liked: 3589
Re: FLR(M) Renewal and Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »
Amazingly, we are also expecting our first child!  :D

Congratulations :D!

1) Am I right in thinking I can apply for my visa earlier than 21 April, but only 28 days earlier? (I was previously on a fiance visa).  So that means 25 March is the earliest I can apply and 21 April is the latest?

That’s correct.

2) Assuming I can complete my visa before baby arrives . . . Does the application require information or documentation on dependent children? not-yet-born dependent children? We would meet the threshold for finances either way, but I don't know what to put down since (at this point) the baby is not born. 

No, not if you apply before the baby is born.

Also, as your child will presumably be British, they are not included in the financial requirement anyway.

3) Any advise on what to do if the baby arrives before I submit my application? For example, say baby arrives on 24 March, do I then need to include information on my newborn baby in the application?  (That sounds super stressful having just given birth and trying to get paperwork done!!  Maybe I need to start praying this baby is late!)

Yes, I believe you would need to give their details on the form, and provide their birth certificate.

4) Any advise on what to do if baby arrives after I submit my application online but before I get my documents sent?  Other than the real pain of trying to remember (or even being able) to go a biometrics appointment having just given birth . . .

Your documents are all uploaded online now, so you don’t send them anywhere. Or you can pay extra for them to upload the documents for you at the biometrics appointment.

You will need to attend biometrics but you could book it for a few weeks later to give yourself more time.

5) What happens if I am unwell in the last weeks of pregnancy and cannot go to appointments required of me? Can I do any of that early?

You cannot book or attend the appointment until after you have submitted the online application.

There’s only one appointment to go to though, and as mentioned above you can book it for a few weeks later.

So, you could apply online in April and book your biometrics for May or even June if you are able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links