Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wishing you all a Merry Christmas  (Read 1585 times)

• Liked: 680
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas
« on: December 24, 2020, 08:44:10 PM »
Perhaps Covid has to a small degree been a Blessing in disguise - it's given us the opportunity to really think about what is important in life, how short life can be, and how much our loved ones mean to us. It was so easy to be distracted from those things in the hustle-bustle world of Pre-Covid. Too easy to forget until someone is taken from us prematurely - it's so easy to think they'll always be there, wherever "there" happens to be. Being forced, without the option to do otherwise, to slow down and examine one's true circumstances could be shaped into a force for good in one's life - assuming one survives it all, of course.  In any event, I'm sure none of us will ever forget ~this~ Christmas and holiday season. Hopefully.

Here we've had "The Christmas Star" (the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter) in the evening sky, several feet of snow, and are now under a flood warning.  We have also been alerted to expect power outages on Christmas, due to gale-force winds that are to accompany the torrential rains that are going to cause the flooding.  We've gotten the candles out, the batteries are charged for the radio, and we're now sipping good coffee while enjoying watching the Cardinals and Juncos feed at the seed we put out on our balcony for them. The universe goes on, Covid or no Covid.

I hope all of you are safe and sound, and that those dear to you are similarly situated. And that you have a good Christmas.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 10:26:30 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 287
Re: Wishing you all a Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 08:49:38 PM »
Happy Holidays to everyone.

Have a safe and special time with family.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

• Liked: 722
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone.

Although we are allowed to mix households on Christmas Day this year we decided not to invite over or visit my sister and her family, who live only half a mile away. Just as well, she got sick on Tuesday, confirmed Covid on Wednesday and now her husband is sick and he had a test today, result maybe tomorrow on Christmas Day.

Bottoms up!

Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 37
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 10:50:11 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone.

Although we are allowed to mix households on Christmas Day this year we decided not to invite over or visit my sister and her family, who live only half a mile away. Just as well, she got sick on Tuesday, confirmed Covid on Wednesday and now her husband is sick and he had a test today, result maybe tomorrow on Christmas Day.

Bottoms up!

Hope they recover quickly !!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all 🎄 and here’s to a happier and healthier 2021......

Sponsored Links