Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) questions  (Read 2803 times)

• Liked: 3
FLR(M) questions
« on: December 27, 2020, 04:24:12 PM »
Hi everyone! My husband was granted his spouse visa in July 2018 (having been here on a fiance visa), so we are looking to submit his FLR(M) application in the next few weeks. His BRP expires on 24 January.  I would be so grateful if someone could check my list of documents that I have/am going to get in the new year.

In addition, please could someone help me understand the timeline for this? We complete the online application, pay the NHS charge, then book a biometrics appointment? And then we upload the documents separately, prior to the biometrics appointment? Do we have to book the biometrics appointment before his BRP expires?

Thank you!!!

Checklist

ID Docs:
  • Application, receipt for NHS charge
  • Full scans of husband's current US passport and his (recently expired) Mexican passport
  • Full scan of my passport
  • Scan of husband's BRP

Finance docs (we're using my income):
  • 6 months' payslips from July to January (received electronically)
  • corresponding 6 months' bank statements - I don't have all these in the mail so will print them out and get each page stamped in-branch (I think that's what I did last time - is this still the way we should do it?)
  • Most recent P60 (received electronically)
  • Letter from employer confirming: start date, position, job title, changes in role and salary that happened in August and September this year, my current gross annual salary, and the authenticity of the payslips and P60. This will probably be docusigned.

Accommodation:
  • Current tenancy agreement (do we also have to include previous tenancy agreements? We moved here in November 2019)
  • Letter from my current landlord (my mum!) confirming details of our tenancy, signed in wet ink.
  • Council tax bill

Relationship:
  • Certified copy of marriage certificate
  • 7/12/18: bank statement (joint)
  • 9/4/19: bank statement (joint)
  • 14/8/19: annual statement of fees from different bank (husband)
  • August 19 (no specific date): notice from different bank about fee changes (me) (is this acceptable?)
  • 9/12/19: bank statement (joint)
  • 27/4/20: invoice from energy invoicing company (joint) - not the utility provider itself because we live in a large apartment block that uses a third party company for energy invoicing. Is this ok?
  • 7/8/20: bank statement (joint)
  • 9/12/20: bank statement (joint)

We have 3 different sources using the above. I went backwards from December 2020 for these dates, but do you think I should go from January 2021? I'm not sure we'll receive any mail in January before we submit the application...

Thank you so much, as ever!!

• Liked: 3597
Re: FLR(M) questions
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 04:38:16 PM »
    In addition, please could someone help me understand the timeline for this? We complete the online application, pay the NHS charge, then book a biometrics appointment? And then we upload the documents separately, prior to the biometrics appointment? Do we have to book the biometrics appointment before his BRP expires?

All you have to do before his BRP expires is submit the online application. Everything else can be done after.

So, the timeline is:
    - fill out the online application, paying the IHS as part of it
    - submit the online application and pay for the visa before January 24th
    - register an account with the UKVCAS website (you should get a registration code emailed after you have applied online)
    - book a biometrics appointment via the UKVCAS website
    - upload your documents to the UKVCAS website before your biometrics appointment... or when you book biometrics, you can purchase the Document Scanning service as well and have the documents uploaded for you at your appointment
    - attend biometrics
    - wait for the visa to be issued and your new BRP to be mailed to you

Just going to rearrange your documents into the correct upload sections:

Application Documents
    - Full scan of husband's current US passport
    - Signed declarations and consent to checks forms (part of online application)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
    - Full scan of your UK passport
    - Scan of husband's BRP

Finances
    - 6 months' payslips from July to January (received electronically)... usually need to include 7 months to cover every day of the 6 months
    - corresponding 6 months' bank statements - I don't have all these in the mail so will print them out and get each page stamped in-branch (I think that's what I did last time - is this still the way we should do it?) [/li][/list] - yes, that's the way to do it. As above, you may need 7 months worth
    - Most recent P60 (received electronically)
    - Letter from employer confirming: start date, position, job title, changes in role and salary that happened in August and September this year, my current gross annual salary, and the authenticity of the payslips and P60. This will probably be docusigned
    - You can also include your original job contract if you have it

Residence in the UK
    Accommodation
    - Current tenancy agreement (do we also have to include previous tenancy agreements? We moved here in November 2019)- no only the current one is needed
    - Letter from my current landlord (my mum!) confirming details of our tenancy, signed in wet ink.
    - Council tax bill
    Proof of Cohabitation
    7/12/18: bank statement (joint)
    9/4/19: bank statement (joint)
    14/8/19: annual statement of fees from different bank (husband)
    August 19 (no specific date): notice from different bank about fee changes (me) (is this acceptable?) yes, that's fine
    9/12/19: bank statement (joint)
    27/4/20: invoice from energy invoicing company (joint) - not the utility provider itself because we live in a large apartment block that uses a third party company for energy invoicing. Is this ok? - yes, that's fine
    7/8/20: bank statement (joint)
    9/12/20: bank statement (joint)

Other
    - Full scan of husband's Mexican passport
    - Certified copy of marriage certificate

We have 3 different sources using the above. I went backwards from December 2020 for these dates, but do you think I should go from January 2021? I'm not sure we'll receive any mail in January before we submit the application...
    [/quote]

No, I'd use December, otherwise you will need to rearrange all your documents and provide all new ones from different months... Jan, May and Oct of each year.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 05:50:17 PM »
    As ever, thank you very much!  :). I’ve also realised I probably won’t get my January payslip before we submit (usually get it on 24th), so should I just do 6 months of payslips from December? Or wait to upload the documents until after I receive my jan payslip?

FLR(M) questions
    « Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 06:41:45 PM »
    As ever, thank you very much!  :). I’ve also realised I probably won’t get my January payslip before we submit (usually get it on 24th), so should I just do 6 months of payslips from December? Or wait to upload the documents until after I receive my jan payslip?
    Your most recent payslip must be dated BEFORE you apply online so you will not be able to use to January payslip or bank statement.

Therefore the 6 months you will need to use will have to end with the December payslip.

You will need to count back exactly 6 months from that date. So, if the December payslip is dated December 24th...that means your 6 months will be June 24th to Dec 24th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 02:01:43 PM »
    Your most recent payslip must be dated BEFORE you apply online so you will not be able to use to January payslip or bank statement.

Therefore the 6 months you will need to use will have to end with the December payslip.

You will need to count back exactly 6 months from that date. So, if the December payslip is dated December 24th...that means your 6 months will be June 24th to Dec 24th.

Understood - thank you!! :)

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 11:15:38 PM »
    Ok, onto the employers letter! I am going to ask them to set out in a table the details of each of my payslips from May to December. I just have two questions;

1. My payslips aren’t dated, they just refer to the period of time they relate to, i.e ‘period ending 31 October 2020’ etc. Is this ok, as long as the amounts correspond to the bank transfer each month? Shall I ask my employer to note this in the letter?

2. My payslip includes a salary sacrifice each month relating to my company’s benefit scheme, so gross salary is actually my contractual salary minus £83 every month, which is clearly set out on the payslips. Should my employer explain this or will this be understood from the payslips themselves?

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 11:27:32 PM »
    Ok, onto the employers letter! I am going to ask them to set out in a table the details of each of my payslips from May to December. I just have two questions;

1. My payslips aren’t dated, they just refer to the period of time they relate to, i.e ‘period ending 31 October 2020’ etc. Is this ok, as long as the amounts correspond to the bank transfer each month? Shall I ask my employer to note this in the letter?[/quote{

They are dated: they’re dated the 30th/31st of each month :). This is normal, and most people have the same thing on their payslips.

It just means that UKVI will use the ‘period ending’ date as the issue date of each payslip.

If the bank deposit on any of the payslips is a different date than listed on the payslip (I.e. if it’s dated ‘Period ending December 31st’ but you were paid on December 24th) the employer letter will need to explain this, as an unexplained discrepancies between payslip dates/amounts and bank deposit dates/amounts can result in a visa refusal.

2. My payslip includes a salary sacrifice each month relating to my company’s benefit scheme, so gross salary is actually my contractual salary minus £83 every month, which is clearly set out on the payslips. Should my employer explain this or will this be understood from the payslips themselves?

It’s worth having the employer letter address this just to be on the safe side.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 10:07:39 AM »
    It’s worth having the employer letter address this just to be on the safe side.

Thank you!! :) is there any guidance online that refers to the necessary contents of the letter? I emailed my employer and they said they would give me a ‘standard reference letter’ (whatever that means...) so it would be helpful to be able to point them to something!

• Liked: 6111
    « Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 10:14:21 AM »
    Thank you!! :) is there any guidance online that refers to the necessary contents of the letter? I emailed my employer and they said they would give me a ‘standard reference letter’ (whatever that means...) so it would be helpful to be able to point them to something!

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
    (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
    (ii) the length of their employment;
    (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
    (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

They must also explain any anomalies.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

You'll find that reading all the guidance will be helpful.

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 11:57:15 AM »
    They must also explain any anomalies.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

You'll find that reading all the guidance will be helpful.

Thanks Larrabee!!

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 05:46:12 PM »
    Hello! A quick question - who should my employer letter be addressed to? My employer won’t do an ‘open letter’ with no addressee.

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 06:05:56 PM »
    Hello! A quick question - who should my employer letter be addressed to? My employer won’t do an ‘open letter’ with no addressee.

Normally it's just addressed to 'To Whom It May Concern'

If they need to put a department, I'd guess 'UK Visas and Immigration', but I'm not sure on that, as you won't know exactly who will process it or where they will be located, since everything is done online now and you don't mail the documents to a specific place anymore.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 05:15:54 PM »
    Panicking, please help - my last payslip was deposited on 18 December (ie more than 28 days ago) but the payslip itself is for the period ending 31 December - am I still ok to use this?? Is it technically within the 28 day limit??

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 05:34:56 PM »
    Panicking, please help - my last payslip was deposited on 18 December (ie more than 28 days ago) but the payslip itself is for the period ending 31 December - am I still ok to use this?? Is it technically within the 28 day limit??

I believe the latest pay deposit on the bank statement needs to be in the last 28 days, so that means, really, you only had until midnight last night to submit the application.

Given that his visa expires on January 24th, I don't think you have any choice but to submit the application TODAY, and hope that they consider the date the bank statement was actually issued rather than the date of the pay deposit.

I think I would also include the January payslip and bank statement as well, when you get them though.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 05:44:19 PM »
    Cursing myself! Thank you - could you possibly link us to the correct application page just so we’re sure we’re on the right one?

Sponsored Links