Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - applying in January - questions  (Read 5958 times)

• Liked: 239
Re: FLR(M) - applying in January - questions
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2021, 10:58:02 AM »
Oh ok. I was looking at it under extra services and couldn't find it there. Thanks!

The £69.99 appointment should already include the document scanning and document checking services :).

It’s basically a free appointment with those services already included.

See:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail

From that page:

Enhanced service points
We have enhanced service points across the UK. An appointment at one of our enhanced service points also includes the evidence scanning and evidence checking services. Prices start from £69.99 per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2021, 09:48:34 AM »
Is this ok for a cover letter explaining my missing trip from the application?

When completing the online application I accidentally omitted a visit out of the UK. The visit was to the United States of America. We left the UK on the 23rd of May 2018 and arrived back in the UK on the 29th of May 2018.  The purpose of the travel was to have our wedding party. Although we were legally married in February 2018, we had previously planned an official ceremony for May 2018 for all of our friends and family to attend.

If you have any questions or need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2021, 10:10:29 AM »
Is this ok for a cover letter explaining my missing trip from the application?

It's fine, though personally I think it's too detailed. It's probably easier just to list the details, for example:

When completing the online application I accidentally omitted a visit outside the UK, the details of which are:
Dates: 23/05/2018 - 29/05/2018
Destination: United States
Reason for trip: to attend our wedding party with family and friends

If you have any questions or need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2021, 10:20:27 AM »
Ok, will shorten it up. Thank you!

It's fine, though personally I think it's too detailed. It's probably easier just to list the details, for example:

When completing the online application I accidentally omitted a visit outside the UK, the details of which are:
Dates: 23/05/2018 - 29/05/2018
Destination: United States
Reason for trip: to attend our wedding party with family and friends

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2021, 11:19:35 AM »
Back again!

Biometrics appointment is a week from today and I am making sure all my declarations and cover letter are printed and ready to go to Edinburgh with me next week.  Would you mind reading the cover letter and see if it's ok?

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing to clarify one of my answers on the application. The question asking “Have you lived with your partner since your marriage or civil partnership?”, I answered No because I assumed this meant at any time after we were married did we not live together. We have lived together since I arrived in the UK 7 May 2018. Also, when completing the online application I accidentally omitted a visit outside of the UK. The details are listed below:

Destination:          United States of America
Date I left the UK:    23/05/2018
Date I arrived back in UK:    29/05/2018
Purpose of trip:      to attend our wedding party with family and friends

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2021, 05:48:15 AM »
So my last post until approval comes...

Biometrics is tomorrow. I'm always worried I'm forgetting something so can someone please check over one last time what I'm providing?

Application Documents
- Cover letter explaining omission of trip out of UK, date format on U.S. Chase credit card statement, and incorrect answer provided on application question about living with partner since marriage.
- My current and old passport
- Signed consents (part 1 & 2) and signed declaration from husband
- Marriage certificate

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- Husband's current passport
- My brp

Residence in the UK
Accommodation

- Land registry
- Latest mortgage statement
- Latest council tax bill

Cohabitation
- all my correspondence (list posted earlier in the thread)

Finances
- bank statements  (we will use category A)
- Weekly payslips
- Employment letter (posted earlier but updated with newest payslips, explanation about no pay for the 2 weeks during Christmas and New Years)
- latest P60

I have printed my biometrics QR code and will be taking that as well. I also printed the email for the IHS payment. Does that need to be provided with my application documents? I know in my previous spousal visa we sent it in but wasn't sure about this visa. Also, since everything is going to be scanned at the biometrics appointment, do I need to do cover sheets for my evidence like I did previously? I'm going through today and removing any staples or paper clips.

Thanks in advance and always massive thank you to @ksand24 and @larrabee in particular! You two keep my head above water with these  :D

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2021, 06:55:40 AM »
Just a slight rearrangement of your documents sections:

Application Documents
- My current and old passport
- Signed consents (part 1 & 2) and signed declaration from husband

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- Husband's current passport
- My brp

Residence in the UK
Accommodation

- Land registry
- Latest mortgage statement
- Latest council tax bill
Cohabitation
- all my correspondence (list posted earlier in the thread)

Finances
- bank statements  (we will use category A)
- Weekly payslips
- Employment letter (posted earlier but updated with newest payslips, explanation about no pay for the 2 weeks during Christmas and New Years)
- latest P60

Other
- Cover letter explaining omission of trip out of UK, date format on U.S. Chase credit card statement, and incorrect answer provided on application question about living with partner since marriage.
- Marriage certificate

I have printed my biometrics QR code and will be taking that as well. I also printed the email for the IHS payment. Does that need to be provided with my application documents? I know in my previous spousal visa we sent it in but wasn't sure about this visa. Also, since everything is going to be scanned at the biometrics appointment, do I need to do cover sheets for my evidence like I did previously? I'm going through today and removing any staples or paper clips.

No, you don't need the IHS sheet, as your IHS number is already on your online application.

You don't need cover sheets (those are only for applications made outside the UK and are provided by VFS Global).

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2021, 08:10:01 AM »
So my last post until approval comes...

Biometrics is tomorrow.

Good luck!  :)

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2021, 08:19:20 AM »
Thank you!

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2021, 12:54:08 PM »
That's Biometrics officially done and everything submitted to Home Office. They scanned everything for me. Took about 30 minutes. Roads were on the rough side down to Edinburgh but so far better on the way home. Now...we wait 😁

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2021, 01:25:27 PM »
Today marks 12 weeks since Biometrics and not a peep. Contacting our MP to see if they can find anything out. May not do a bit of good but we'll see.

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2021, 02:32:37 PM »
Today marks 12 weeks since Biometrics and not a peep. Contacting our MP to see if they can find anything out. May not do a bit of good but we'll see.

Aww man! And someone just got their decision in 5 days...they really, really need to have one main queue and each IO take from that, one case at a time. It's the only fair way. Getting stuck in the pile of the person on sick leave or whatever is just the pits.
Hope you get a result soon.

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »
Yea it definitely has no rhyme or reason who gets theirs processed first. There’s no process at all. I’ve done so well being patient but I’m over it now lol.

Aww man! And someone just got their decision in 5 days...they really, really need to have one main queue and each IO take from that, one case at a time. It's the only fair way. Getting stuck in the pile of the person on sick leave or whatever is just the pits.
Hope you get a result soon.

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2021, 04:15:49 PM »
Yea it definitely has no rhyme or reason who gets theirs processed first. There’s no process at all. I’ve done so well being patient but I’m over it now lol.

I hear you! I gave up being patient at 15 weeks and called them on the Friday. The decision came at the beginning of the following week. Not sure if it was coincidence or not!  ;D

• Liked: 18
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2021, 09:38:00 PM »
So sorry to hear this Kristie- I’m in the same boat! Can you please post a follow up after your discussion with your MP? Just curious about the process and what kind of support they are able to offer.

My 12 weeks is next week. for some reason I thought we could only contact our MPs for visa escalation six months after biometrics but I must have assumed incorrectly!

Stay positive! The waiting definitely SUCKS but the forum is very helpful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links