Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - applying in January - questions  (Read 6048 times)

• Liked: 239
Re: FLR(M) - applying in January - questions
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2021, 08:20:44 AM »
It's been almost 1 week since emailing our MP and still haven't heard from Home Office. The next morning, we did get an email from the MP's office saying they were going to contact HO that day and get back with us, but no communication since that email.

*sigh*
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 18
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2021, 12:29:39 PM »
It's been almost 1 week since emailing our MP and still haven't heard from Home Office. The next morning, we did get an email from the MP's office saying they were going to contact HO that day and get back with us, but no communication since that email.

*sigh*
So frustrating. May be best to chase the MP to confirm whether they’ve sent something through. This entire process is way more stressful than it needs to be- it’s also a shame that we are essentially powerless in how much we can do on our end in terms of getting any updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3597
FLR(M) - applying in January - questions
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2021, 12:54:13 PM »
Fingers crossed you hear something soon .

My 12 weeks is next week. for some reason I thought we could only contact our MPs for visa escalation six months after biometrics but I must have assumed incorrectly!

The processing standards time is only 8 weeks for FLR(M) (the 12 weeks only applies to initial applications made outside the UK), so you can escalate and/or contact your MP after 8 weeks.

Of course, I know that doesn’t help anything now, but hopefully the info will be useful for someone else.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2021, 02:16:19 PM »
Fingers crossed you hear something soon .

The processing standards time is only 8 weeks for FLR(M) (the 12 weeks only applies to initial applications made outside the UK), so you can escalate and/or contact your MP after 8 weeks.

Of course, I know that doesn’t help anything now, but hopefully the info will be useful for someone else.

It’s validating to read that, thanks as always ksand. I’ll be contacting my MP this week in the hope he can get an update. Even doing that is anxiety fuel for me at this stage. Sorry to hijack your post, Kristie! Unfortunately we are in the same boat...

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2021, 03:33:52 PM »
Awww, you didn’t hijack it! Hope you get some answers soon  :)

It’s validating to read that, thanks as always ksand. I’ll be contacting my MP this week in the hope he can get an update. Even doing that is anxiety fuel for me at this stage. Sorry to hijack your post, Kristie! Unfortunately we are in the same boat...

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2021, 07:29:08 AM »

*sigh*

Push the MP's office. Keep yourself on top of their to do list!

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2021, 07:53:37 AM »
My husband emailed them again late yesterday asking for an update so hopefully we'll hear something today.  :(

Push the MP's office. Keep yourself on top of their to do list!

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2021, 08:06:12 AM »
My husband emailed them again late yesterday asking for an update so hopefully we'll hear something today.  :(

Have you tried calling? Sometimes you can establish a more human connection on a phone call than via email. Helps them to want to help you if they see you as the person you are rather than an 'anonymous' request among many others.

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2021, 03:56:33 PM »
MP doesn't seem like they'll be too helpful. After not hearing anything back we emailed them. Finally got back to us yesterday saying they've contacted HO and haven't heard back. They said again, they'll contact us when they hear. So essentially, don't call us...we'll call you.

Tomorrow is 14 weeks since Biometrics

So absolutely frustrated at this process! We have a straightforward application and it'll take them 20 minutes to do the approval. It's just sitting in a queue. Meanwhile others are getting theirs approved in a few days.  :\\\'(

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2021, 04:03:42 PM »
MP doesn't seem like they'll be too helpful. After not hearing anything back we emailed them. Finally got back to us yesterday saying they've contacted HO and haven't heard back. They said again, they'll contact us when they hear. So essentially, don't call us...we'll call you.

So absolutely frustrated at this process! We have a straightforward application and it'll take them 20 minutes to do the approval. It's just sitting in a queue. Meanwhile others are getting theirs approved in a few days.  :\\\'(

I know. :-\\\\  I was just thinking of you when that new approval came through.

That response from the MP's office is unfortunate. If you keep pushing, you may find there comes a point where they just want to be rid of you so they try a bit harder to get a result. We sometimes say here that you need to be the squeaky wheel. 

Have you spoken to the UKVI line yourself recently? 

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2021, 04:17:52 PM »
Would that do any good? I know before it was pointless to contact them as they didnt even have access to application information and just charged for useless information.

I know I'm not alone in waiting. I search forums every day for timelines and see tons who submitted in January or February and are still waiting. I just wish they would've allowed priority earlier. It would've been worth the money.

Have you spoken to the UKVI line yourself recently?

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2021, 04:27:08 PM »
Would that do any good? I know before it was pointless to contact them as they didnt even have access to application information and just charged for useless information.

I know I'm not alone in waiting. I search forums every day for timelines and see tons who submitted in January or February and are still waiting. I just wish they would've allowed priority earlier. It would've been worth the money.

It's different from the call line from outwith the UK, which can't help you and everyone is told the same thing.
When I called them, we had our result within a few days. It was a long time ago though so it may have changed (and it may also have been a coincidence) but they could see that we'd been waiting more than 12 weeks and said they'd look into it.

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 790 6268
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

And you won't need to pay for the call, 0300 numbers are free from UK landlines.

• Liked: 48
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2021, 04:59:05 PM »

I'm in a similar situation as you. I submitted biometrics on 2 February and haven't heard back yet - 15 weeks and counting. I hadn't even considered contacting our MP - I assumed that we would hear the usual "COVID delays" excuse. Has anyone had any joy after contacting their MP? Our MP is Labour so that probably won't help us much either....
Settlement Spouse Visa (Priority)
Online application submitted:  27-March-2018
Biometrics:  30-March-2018
UKVI receipt of application: 16-April-2018
Decision made email: 16-May-2018 22BD
UPS return of passport: 21-May-2018
APPROVED!!!

FLR(M)
Applied online: 13 January 2021
Biometrics/documents scanned & uploaded: 2 February 2021
Decision received: 04 June 2021
Decision: Approved

ILR Set(M) - Super Priority
Applied online: 15 August 2023
Biometrics: 16 August 2023
Decision email: 16 August 2023 - Approved!
BRP Received: 21 August 2023

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2021, 05:02:37 PM »
Ah ok! Thank you @larrabee! I'll try phoning tomorrow

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 48
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2021, 05:15:23 PM »
Well, I've just contacted my MP - hopefully will get some traction.  I will let you guys know if/when I hear any update.

P.S. Sorry to hijack this thread! It's just comforting being able to discuss with people in a similar situation!
Settlement Spouse Visa (Priority)
Online application submitted:  27-March-2018
Biometrics:  30-March-2018
UKVI receipt of application: 16-April-2018
Decision made email: 16-May-2018 22BD
UPS return of passport: 21-May-2018
APPROVED!!!

FLR(M)
Applied online: 13 January 2021
Biometrics/documents scanned & uploaded: 2 February 2021
Decision received: 04 June 2021
Decision: Approved

ILR Set(M) - Super Priority
Applied online: 15 August 2023
Biometrics: 16 August 2023
Decision email: 16 August 2023 - Approved!
BRP Received: 21 August 2023

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab