Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa status (after about 5 years in UK)  (Read 1931 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Visa status (after about 5 years in UK)
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2021, 05:42:00 PM »
And when you are sitting the test, read the questions very carefully. They can be phrased quite trickily with double negatives and the like.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2021, 06:03:17 PM »
Read the book and take the practice tests
YES!!! Practice, practice, practice. Also, as Larrabee said.....read carefully. Don’t just memorize answers, know them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 134
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2021, 08:44:39 PM »
My local library gave me access to the GoCitizen website which offers practice tests using the official booklet. I used to do those all the time. There are short and long versions of the tests so they're not too overwhelming. I used that in addition to the practice tests in the book. Good luck!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 2
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2021, 09:37:13 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your help! I passed the “Life in the U.K. test” yesterday! 

Now I am wondering about how long it will take to process my application if I pay for the standard fee . It says about 6 months but is it usually less or more because of Covid? I would like to see my family in May and I will submit before 3 of February.

Any advice on whether i should do a standard submission or not ? Also how would I do a faster submission, as  I did not see option on the online form when I was about to submit.

Many thanks in advance  to all of you very helpful people!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2021, 10:51:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your help! I passed the “Life in the U.K. test” yesterday! 

Now I am wondering about how long it will take to process my application if I pay for the standard fee . It says about 6 months but is it usually less or more because of Covid? I would like to see my family in May and I will submit before 3 of February.

Any advice on whether i should do a standard submission or not ? Also how would I do a faster submission, as  I did not see option on the online form when I was about to submit.

Many thanks in advance  to all of you very helpful people!

Well done!  :)

You're stuck with the regular application at the moment, due to Covid there's no priority processing.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your help - I seriously don’t know what I would do without all of your advice!

I have another question. I just submitted everything and paid the fee and set up my biometric appointment. My visa/ residence card shows it expires on on 3 of February is it ok my biometric appointment is on 17 of February? I am suddenly worried that I might have to get an appointment before 3rd of February.

Let me know your thoughts!!

Many thanks!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2021, 11:43:25 AM »
It's not a problem.

As long as you submitted your online application before your visa expired, it doesn't matter when you attend biometrics or how long it takes for your visa to be processed.

The date you apply online is your official application date, so as long as you applied online by 3rd February, your immigration status will simply be extended under Section 3C Leave from 4th February until you get your visa.

See here for more information about Section 3C Leave:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/953205/3C-3D-leave-v10.0ext.pdf

Because of Covid delays and the UKVCAS centres being closed for several months last year, we had some people here on the forum not even able to book a biometrics appointment until about 4 or 5 months after their visas expired. But they were fine, because they had applied online before their visa expiry date.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab