Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Upload Categories for Naturalisation Application + Required Documents  (Read 1381 times)

• Liked: 0
Good morning!

I am due to attend my biometrics appointment on 13 January, so I want to make sure all of my documents are uploaded beforehand on the UKVAS website.

Similar to when I applied for ILR through Set M, it is not clear what documents to be uploaded under each category. Can someone guide me through this so I do not make any mistakes? Could someone also please confirm that I have all of the required documents? I applied for ILR in July and received approved in December. I applied as a spouse of a British citizenship so I am applying for Citizenship right away. I still have all of the other paperwork if I need to reference anything from there. THANK YOU!!!!!

Documents:
My BRP with ILR
My US Passport and all pages scanned
Entry date to UK stamp on passport
My Birth Certificate
My husband's UK passport and all pages scanned
My husband's birth certificate to prove British-born
Our marriage certificate
2 referee declarations + passport photos with name and DOB on back
Copy of UK size passport photo

Extras:
Letter from my employer to prove residence and also steady income over the last 5 years
Birth certificates of both my British born children

Categories for document uploads:
Proof of Application
Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Proof of Identity / Travel
Educational

Required documents requested in application:

The passport issued by United States of America - Have this

Proof of living in the UK for for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen - what is this proof?? I have a letter from my employer stating I have been employed with them since 1 December 2016. Is that enough?

Your marriage or civil partnership certificate - Have this

Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - Not sure what this is???

The United States of America passport, identity card or official letter to prove the level of English language required - Have US passport scanned

Two referee declarations - Have this

One proof of British citizenship for husband (such as a passport or UK citizenship - Have this
certificate)

Current Biometric Residence Permit for - Have this

• Liked: 3595
Re: Upload Categories for Naturalisation Application + Required Documents
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 10:18:56 AM »
The citizenship application has hardly any required documents at all, so you can leave most of the upload categories blank.

I would go with:

Proof of Application
- US passport (all pages)
- 2 referee declarations + passport photos with name and DOB on back (not sure if these go here or in the Other section)

Proof of Identity / Travel History
- Current ILR BRP
- Sponsor's UK passport

Residence in the UK - not sure if you actually need this, but you can include it
- Letter from my employer to prove residence and also steady income over the last 5 years

Other
- Marriage certificate
- Life in the UK test pass reference number (which I think you just enter on the online application now instead of having a physical certificate)

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ _______

Proof of living in the UK for for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen - what is this proof?? I have a letter from my employer stating I have been employed with them since 1 December 2016. Is that enough?

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you need, since in the past, you didn't need any proof unless you were self-employed, in which case you provided your HMRC tax returns.

I think just your ILR BRP should be enough normally,  but a letter from your employer could be good too, as I think someone said  the other day that they were told they needed more than just their BRP.

Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - Not sure what this is???

'Freedom from immigration time restrictions' just means that you hold ILR and are therefore eligible to apply for citizenship... so you provide your BRP.

One proof of British citizenship for husband (such as a passport or UK citizenship - Have this
certificate)

You just need his passport.

No birth certificate is required unless he does not have a UK passport.

• Liked: 85
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 12:07:13 PM »
We just applied in Nov and this is what we uploaded:-

Proof of Application
US passport (all pages)
2 referee declarations with photo attached

Proof of Identity / Travel History
ILR BRP
Expired US passport showing entry visa
spouses UK passport

Residence in the UK
ILR BRP

Other
Marriage certificate

Hope this helps
Online Application Spouse Visa - 27 Jan 2015
Visa Received - 16 Feb 2015
FLR(M) In-Person  (Approved)- 4 Jan 2018
ILR (M) Approval - 23 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) - 28 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) APPROVED!!!!! - 10 Feb 2021
Citizenship ceremony - 10 June 2021

• Liked: 71
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 01:32:40 PM »
I just did this on Dec 21, 2020, and the person advised me to submit additional documentation for this:

**Proof of living in the UK for for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen - what is this proof??**

Your letter from your employer should be good, but if you have anything else showing continuous residence, throw that on there too. I used my US tax returns and my UK council tax documents.

I honestly thought my ILR BRP would be enough, but she seemed to think they'd want additional proof. (I just changed jobs in March 2020, so I thought the employment documentation might be a hassle and/or too confusing, which is why I went with something else.)

By the way, I was the person who was told that the ILR BRP wasn't enough.  :)
Met online: 12 Feb 1997
Met in person: 8 July 1997
Married in the US: 10 Aug 1999
Submitted online Spousal Visa application: 26 March 2015
Visa received: 22 April 2015
Left US on 7 July 2015; arrived in the UK: 8 July 2015
FLR(M) application approved: 13 Jan 2018
BRP received: 17 Jan 2018
ILR(M) application submitted online: 11 June 2020
ILR(M) approved: 12 Nov 2020
BRP received: 17 Nov 2020
Naturalisation submitted (Nov 21); confirmed (Nov 23)
Biometrics: 21 Dec 2020
UK Citizenship email: 29 March 2021
Citizenship ceremony: 14 June 2021

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 01:53:19 PM »
Thank you all! Hope you are all safe and well in Lockdown 3.0  :)

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »
I received this email... does this mean I am fine to hit "submit" on my files? I haven't done it yet just in case. I was going to also bring the files with me to my biometrics appointment tomorrow.

Thank you for uploading your supporting documents to the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service website. We have now completed the following checks of the files that were available as of 11/01/2021.

Checked for the presence of all mandatory documents
Checked that all documents are legible
Checked that all documents been uploaded to the correct category
Checked for any obvious missing pages
Checked that all uploaded documents are in either English or Welsh language, or have an accompanying English or Welsh translation.
No action required: Following a review of supporting documents available, we can confirm that:
Mandatory documents are present in all required categories
All documents are legible
All documents have been uploaded to the correct category
There are no obvious missing pages in any of the documents
All documents are in either English or Welsh language, or are accompanied with an English or Welsh translation that obviously relates to the original

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab