Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Assault on democracy  (Read 8222 times)

• Liked: 387
Assault on democracy
« on: January 06, 2021, 09:07:45 PM »
What a sad day for America.   :\\\'(

• Liked: 170
Re: Assault on democracy
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 09:42:06 PM »
Absolutely disgusting. And racist af. What would be happening if these were labelled ‘Antifa’ or Blm? Stormtroopers.

It’s not surprising, but it’s still beyond disgusting. Treason. I want to see indictments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 09:43:51 PM »
I keep seeing and hearing this again and again:  What if they weren't white?

Exactly. 

• Liked: 149
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 07:09:29 AM »
Well,  it just got me looking into getting my UK citizenship.......
Fred

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 08:19:26 AM »
I haven't felt like this 9/11.  I woke up this morning and turned on the news immediately, hoping that Trump had been removed from office, either by impeachment or the 25th amendment.  Can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 08:47:57 AM »
I don't see how those protesters could have gotten through this bunch

Sorry, I accidentally posted a picture of the response to the BLM protests.  As far as I can tell there were no police needed for the white people's protest.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 08:51:05 AM »
Disgusting.

We already decided to give up our US citizenship once our daughter emigrates to Australia with her Australian partner in a few years time. We worry about her with the Covid tragedy unfolding where she lives in LA.  This is just something else to worry about.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 08:52:27 AM »
I don't see how those protesters could have gotten through this bunch

Sorry, I accidentally posted a picture of the response to the BLM protests.  As far as I can tell there were no police needed for the white people's protest.

And their leader at the start of the riot stood on a platform and told them he would be marching alongside them. Instead he went home to watch it all happen on TV.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 09:44:11 AM »
Anyone else pissed the BBC decided to interview a Trump campaign staffer while this was unfolding, giving a continued platform to the madman inciting violence?

The DoD (under trump's orders) denied the DC Mayor's request for the national guard to be present to help secure the building. After the chaos they were of course called in as the safety of our entire government was at risk. The capitol police *let* them through the barricades. So many people need to be in jail today.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 07:52:52 PM »
I just saw the footage of the woman protester that was shot.  There were a bunch of protesters who had come up against a door that was barricaded with a bunch of chairs and stuff.  They probably didn't know it, but apparently Pence and other politicians were inside and that was the last line of defence.  There was a guy in a suit on the other side pointing a gun and telling people to get back.  This woman must have been climbing up on something to try to get through and the officer  shot her stone cold in the face through the glass of the door.  Just one shot, angled up so it didn't hit anyone behind her.   Needless to say, that put a dampener on things for the rest of the terrorist neckbeards who started milling around taking selfies.  Some of them tried to help the woman and actually shouted MEDIC like it was some kind of video game.  It must have been pretty shocking as there were plenty of police with assault rifles mixed in with the terrorists who were doing nothing but yelling at the terrorists to stay back, and then they met this guy who gave one warning and meant it. 
The shooter was a hero and the woman was a terrorist and an idiot. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 07:55:50 PM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 585
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 07:43:42 AM »
Can anyone explain to me what's actually happened?
I haven't watched the news in a few weeks and only know what i've seen people talking about on FB.
Short version, please... I have zero love for the USA, so don't really *care*, but i'm just a bit curious.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 08:36:59 AM »
I haven't watched the news in a few weeks and only know what i've seen people talking about on FB.
Short version, please... I have zero love for the USA, so don't really *care*, but i'm just a bit curious.
Short version:
Trump announced that there would be "wild" protest on January 6th in Washington to complain that he lost the election.  At the protest he made a speech and got everybody fired up about marching on the capital building where the house and senate were formally accepting the election results.  Protesters marched to the building and were not stopped by the police because most of the police are Trump supporters anyway and these protesters were white so they thought it would be OK.  The protesters then started to act like terrorists and proceeded to tear the place apart and force the politicians to flee under police protection.  The people that told us there would be riots that would destroy America if Biden was elected had a giant riot and destroyed the heart of American Democracy.  Afterwards, Trump made a speech to the terrorists telling them that he loved them and they were special.   

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 08:39:16 AM »

President Trump stood on a platform on a street in Washington and encouraged a crowd to march with him down Pennsylvania Ave to protest the confirmation of Joe Biden as President Elect. They marched down, some armed with guns, against Washington DC law, attacked and easily overwhelmed the police, some of them taking selfies with complicit police officers, smashed down windows and doors, broke into offices and the Senate floor and generally smashed the place up. The President did not walk with them but went home to watch it all on TV.

5 people died including 1 policeman. Afterwards the President said thank you, I respect you all, now you can go home.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 09:52:51 AM »
Albatross, if they weren’t white men claiming to be Christians, Americans would shoot everyone.  Instead after the National Guard was called in, they were asked to leave.  They are all terrorists.  Every last one of them that defaced the capital.

I expect civil war soon. 

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 11:32:14 AM »
Congress were evacuated to a safe place and when they returned to confirm the electoral college votes more than half of the GOP Congressmen (1200 and a number of Senators) contested the results and voted against confirming Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Fox News has been airing lots of interviews claiming that it was anitfa (anti-facist) left wing activists who had infiltrated the demonstrators and fomented this riot.  They showed video images of these masked rioters they claim were these activists but further analysis by experts revealed that were in fact known neo-nazis plus a member of Q-Anon.

Sponsored Links