Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Leaving on a student visa, returning on a tourist visa  (Read 342 times)

• Liked: 0
Leaving on a student visa, returning on a tourist visa
« on: January 08, 2021, 03:24:12 PM »
My roommate, who I went to school with here in London has his student visa ending at the end of January.  He's a US citizen and he wants to leave the UK prior to the end of his student visa and go someone (that allows a UK person into their country right now) and return with a 6-month tourist visa.  Are there any countries I can recommend to him (besides going back to the US)?

Much appreciated!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Leaving on a student visa, returning on a tourist visa
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 06:07:07 PM »
How does he plan to get back into the U.K. with the current travel bans during lockdown?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 06:36:51 PM »
How does he plan to get back into the U.K. with the current travel bans during lockdown?

Can you share a uk government link disallowing him from coming back in? From what I understand it may be discouraged but still allowed but I could be wrong.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 07:30:09 PM »
Under International travel.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home

And also says the same applies to foreign nationals. You aren’t allowed out of the house expect in exceptional circumstances.

It’s not my money or my life but why not just go home and stay safe while this blows over?  Visit when we are allowed out.  I’m guessing romance?  It’s not work, school, or tourism.  ;)

Sponsored Links