Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: do mailed monthly bank statements need stamping or a verifying letter?  (Read 336 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi,

I'm planning to provide mostly monthly bank statements which were mailed to my home for my FLR M extension (except for the final month, which might not arrive on time). Do the mailed statements need to be stamped, or verified by an accompanying letter from the bank?

Also, given lockdown conditions, how long does it usually take to receive the requested documents/letters from banks?

Thanks,

• Liked: 3595
Re: do mailed monthly bank statements need stamping or a verifying letter?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 03:33:33 PM »
No, mailed statements do not need to be stamped or accompanied by a letter, because they are considered original.

Also, statements printed in-branch by the bank do not need to be stamped either, though some people do get them stamped anyway, just to be sure.

It's only internet statements that you have printed out yourself at home that have to be stamped by the bank or accompanied by a letter... this is to prove that you did not forge or tamper with them yourself before printing them.

Banks are allowed to stay open during this lockdown, but I'm not sure how long it's been taking for ordered statements to arrive in the mail.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 04:15:28 PM »
Thanks. If they are stamped, is any other verification— like a letter — required?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 04:28:48 PM »
Thanks. If they are stamped, is any other verification— like a letter — required?

It's either/or. Either a letter or stamped on every page.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab