Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Spousal Visa  (Read 6660 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: UK Spousal Visa
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 11:14:31 AM »
Also my payslips all day period ending 31/12/2020 for example.

So July, August, September, October, November, December, January would all be + £1600 and January’s payslip will have period ending 31/01/2021, so to be safe, will he send his application off say February 1?

We just want to make sure we have this 100% right of course! I’m not the best at understanding these things. Thank you!

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2021, 04:56:20 PM »
I’ve just had a look at my electronic payslips and the June one was £1509 so just under. So July-December will show the £1600, so if we applied after the 27 January, would that be okay to show July-January?

Yes, I would recommend waiting until after 27 January to apply, so that you can be sure that all the payslips are above £1,550.

Thank you for your help! Oh and also the letter confirming my payslips are genuine.. should this come from a manager there?

The official guidance is that it should be: "on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic"

However, most people just ask their employer to add the payslip verification to the mandatory employer letter, so that you only need to provide 1 letter and not 2 different ones.

Also my payslips all day period ending 31/12/2020 for example.

So July, August, September, October, November, December, January would all be + £1600 and January’s payslip will have period ending 31/01/2021, so to be safe, will he send his application off say February 1?

We just want to make sure we have this 100% right of course! I’m not the best at understanding these things. Thank you!

Yes, you will need to wait to submit the online application until you have:
- the January 31st payslip
- a bank statement showing the deposit of the January 31st payslip
- your employer letter confirming the authenticity of the January 31st payslip

Presumably the bank statement and employer letter will be dated on or after 1st February, so you will need to wait until you have those before he submits the online application.

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 08:04:57 PM »
Yes, I would recommend waiting until after 27 January to apply, so that you can be sure that all the payslips are above £1,550.

The official guidance is that it should be: "on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic"

However, most people just ask their employer to add the payslip verification to the mandatory employer letter, so that you only need to provide 1 letter and not 2 different ones.

Yes, you will need to wait to submit the online application until you have:
- the January 31st payslip
- a bank statement showing the deposit of the January 31st payslip
- your employer letter confirming the authenticity of the January 31st payslip

Presumably the bank statement and employer letter will be dated on or after 1st February, so you will need to wait until you have those before he submits the online application.

Thank you for all your help! We will wait til after 31 January to be absolutely sure, so if he applies Feb 5 for example, we’d need my employment letter dated any time from 1 Feb - 5?

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 08:25:52 PM »
Thank you for all your help! We will wait til after 31 January to be absolutely sure, so if he applies Feb 5 for example, we’d need my employment letter dated any time from 1 Feb - 5?
Yes, if it needs to verify the January payslip, then it will need to be dated on or after Feb 1st, and before he applies online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 08:55:56 PM »
Yes, if it needs to verify the January payslip, then it will need to be dated on or after Feb 1st, and before he applies online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! And am I okay to just scan my letter/payslips together and send it to him via email or do I have to physically mail everything? I’m just not sure how long it would take

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 10:08:54 PM »
Thank you! And am I okay to just scan my letter/payslips together and send it to him via email or do I have to physically mail everything? I’m just not sure how long it would take

In the past, you would have to physically mail everything, but now that all the documents are uploaded... and the fact that Covid is slowing everything down... you should be okay to scan them and email them to him.

See this page for more information about submitting supporting documents, under "Settlement Supporting Documents":
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/vacs/supporting-documents

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 06:35:12 PM »
In the past, you would have to physically mail everything, but now that all the documents are uploaded... and the fact that Covid is slowing everything down... you should be okay to scan them and email them to him.

See this page for more information about submitting supporting documents, under "Settlement Supporting Documents":
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/vacs/supporting-documents

Phew, thank you! That definitely helps a lot! I also wondered your opinion on this.. so we applied for the marriage visitor visa a few months back and submitted WhatsApp evidence with it. Can we resubmit the same WhatsApp screenshots or should we put some different ones in? We were just gonna add to the previous screenshots with October, November, December and January screenshots as they’d be the ones missing since we filed for that. Just wondering if that’s allowed to do or if we should upload brand new ones?

Thank you :)

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 06:43:51 PM »
Phew, thank you! That definitely helps a lot! I also wondered your opinion on this.. so we applied for the marriage visitor visa a few months back and submitted WhatsApp evidence with it. Can we resubmit the same WhatsApp screenshots or should we put some different ones in? We were just gonna add to the previous screenshots with October, November, December and January screenshots as they’d be the ones missing since we filed for that. Just wondering if that’s allowed to do or if we should upload brand new ones?

The screenshots you used before should be fine - as they'll just be looking at the dates you sent the messages, not the date you made the screenshots.

Having said that, you may need to adjust which message dates you use now, so it may be worth starting over anyway.

You don't want to include more than 2-3 pages of screenshots in total, with a maximum of 48-60 messages covering your entire relationship, roughly evenly-spaced. So, depending on how long a period of time you need to cover, you may or may not need to use the previous screenshots.

I see from your previous posts that you have been together 5 years? In that case, you only want to include 1 message per month (name, date and time only, no message content), giving around 60 messages total. You should be able to get 20-30 messages on one page, which would be 2 to 2.5 years worth of messages.

For example, here's what 2 years of Whatsapp messages might look like (it's the same message copied and pasted, but it could be 24 messages, 1 per month), though you would need to make sure you screenshot the person's name at the top:

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 06:02:21 PM »
The screenshots you used before should be fine - as they'll just be looking at the dates you sent the messages, not the date you made the screenshots.

Having said that, you may need to adjust which message dates you use now, so it may be worth starting over anyway.

You don't want to include more than 2-3 pages of screenshots in total, with a maximum of 48-60 messages covering your entire relationship, roughly evenly-spaced. So, depending on how long a period of time you need to cover, you may or may not need to use the previous screenshots.

I see from your previous posts that you have been together 5 years? In that case, you only want to include 1 message per month (name, date and time only, no message content), giving around 60 messages total. You should be able to get 20-30 messages on one page, which would be 2 to 2.5 years worth of messages.

For example, here's what 2 years of Whatsapp messages might look like (it's the same message copied and pasted, but it could be 24 messages, 1 per month), though you would need to make sure you screenshot the person's name at the top:

This is so helpful, thank you! Yes we’ve been together five years now!

I also forgot to ask, re the payments, is it okay if the sponsor pays? and how does it work with the US currency like would I be allowed to use my Visa Card/Transferwise or is there any tips on what’s best? I just don’t want my card to be blocked because it’s a bigger payment coming out at once etc! 

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 06:09:25 PM »
This is so helpful, thank you! Yes we’ve been together five years now!

I also forgot to ask, re the payments, is it okay if the sponsor pays? and how does it work with the US currency like would I be allowed to use my Visa Card/Transferwise or is there any tips on what’s best? I just don’t want my card to be blocked because it’s a bigger payment coming out at once etc!

Either of you can pay. It's worth notifying your bank first, the theory being that they won't block the unusual payment. Having said that, I did and my bank still blocked it the first time, but let it go through after I contacted them again!

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 06:14:33 PM »

You have to pay by either debit or credit card, but it doesn't matter who pays.

Having said that, as the fee is charged in US dollars, if you use a UK card, you will likely be charged international transaction fees and may lose money on the currency exchange. The international transaction fee is likely to be 2.75% of the total, which would be about £52 for the IHS surcharge and £42 for the visa fee.

One option might be to use Transferwise to send the money to him in the US, and then he can pay using a US credit or debit card to avoid the extra international fees.

Another option could be to open a Revolut account, transfer the money to it and pay using the Revolut card.

It's a good idea to inform your bank of the large transaction amount before you pay, so that hopefully they don't flag it up as fraud.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 06:20:49 PM »
You have to pay by either debit or credit card, but it doesn't matter who pays.

Having said that, as the fee is charged in US dollars, if you use a UK card, you will likely be charged international transaction fees and may lose money on the currency exchange. The international transaction fee is likely to be 2.75% of the total, which would be about £52 for the IHS surcharge and £42 for the visa fee.

One option might be to use Transferwise to send the money to him in the US, and then he can pay using a US credit or debit card to avoid the extra international fees.

Another option could be to open a Revolut account, transfer the money to it and pay using the Revolut card.

It's a good idea to inform your bank of the large transaction amount before you pay, so that hopefully they don't flag it up as fraud.

Thank you! Omg I use Revolut all the time in the states. It is SO handy, that would be perfect and such a big help! I’ll contact them and see if there’s anyway they won’t block it!!

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2021, 06:21:57 PM »
Either of you can pay. It's worth notifying your bank first, the theory being that they won't block the unusual payment. Having said that, I did and my bank still blocked it the first time, but let it go through after I contacted them again!
I’ll definitely notify them, That would be the worst! Atleast it worked for you after though. Ahhhh I’m so excited and nervous. I just really hope everything goes well with the application!! I can’t wait to get my husband here  :\\\'(

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2021, 06:35:30 PM »
I’ll definitely notify them, That would be the worst! Atleast it worked for you after though. Ahhhh I’m so excited and nervous. I just really hope everything goes well with the application!! I can’t wait to get my husband here  :\\\'(

It's a really stressful time, no doubt! Good luck.  :)

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2021, 09:04:43 AM »
I also wondered should I submit payslips from my Role on the Staff Bank.  I work if any shifts come up so on my December Bank Statement it’ll show my main role but also has the Bank earnings... should I just add a note on my letter explaining it? I’ve not printed that payslip off because I’ve not got six months worth of them of course. It’s usually just once every couple of months depending on staffing!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab