Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Spousal Visa  (Read 6642 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: UK Spousal Visa
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2021, 04:17:54 PM »
Thank you. I hope it’ll be ok! We have a new issue today LOL so everything is uploading fine but not in the correct order. Like WhatsApp convos etc I named them and numbered the documents and they’ve put them in a strange order. I can’t even delete them (it says an error message again)... ugh!!! I’ve detailed in the contents letter about the error and numbered what they are coming up for me etc... do you think that’ll be enough? I’ve added in that I can email them anything if necessary. It’s so frustrating :(

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2021, 04:23:46 PM »
Thank you. I hope it’ll be ok! We have a new issue today LOL so everything is uploading fine but not in the correct order. Like WhatsApp convos etc I named them and numbered the documents and they’ve put them in a strange order. I can’t even delete them (it says an error message again)... ugh!!! I’ve detailed in the contents letter about the error and numbered what they are coming up for me etc... do you think that’ll be enough? I’ve added in that I can email them anything if necessary. It’s so frustrating :(

This seems to be a common issue as I've seen other people mention the same thing happening to them.

I wouldn't worry about it - they'll figure it out when they go through the files.

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2021, 12:08:02 PM »
Hey all,

So again today, logged in and all our documents are gone with a “please try again” message. I don’t know what to do! It says we can pay 100 for document scanning assistance but it’s just so unfair - it’s clearly a issue with their website but no one will even reply to my emails. I’m so worried this will be a rejection. We have all the required documentation but it’s a case of getting it TO the home office. This VFS global site is absolutely shocking. I’m soooo worried. We’ve made a document detailing our issues with the website and which documents are contained in our application and asked them to email us if things aren’t showing or opening... I don’t know if that’ll be enough. I guess we will pay for document scanning too and my husband can take our documents there but we don’t have time to post my bank statements to him, so it’ll be the scanned document he’s printing off, ugh I’m so worried and just want it all to be ok:(

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2021, 12:21:24 PM »
Okay, your options are:

- keep trying the VFS Global website.
It may be that your documents are all still there, since you have already uploaded them, it's just that the website is showing a glitch at the moment so you can't see them.

- your husband purchases the Value Service Package with Roundtrip Courier (Settlement) for $150 ( or just the Return Courier Service for $125) and mails all the documents (looks like printed scanned copies are okay) to the New York Scanning Hub along with his passport:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/premium-services/value-service-package-with-roundtrip-courier-settlement

- you mail all the supporting documents you have via Royal Mail directly to Birmingham for £100 (or you can submit them in person in Birmingham, Edinburgh or London). See the red highlighted passage and information below it here: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/vacs/supporting-documents
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 12:24:50 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2021, 02:16:41 PM »
Thank you so so much for all your help. You’ve all been amazing. The biometrics are tomorrow and the website still hasn’t worked, the documents tend to stay for like six hours then disappear when next logging in - it’s so frustrating!

My husband has printed off our WhatsApp screenshots and call logs, along with photos, basically all our paperwork so my scanned bank statements etc, employment letter and payslips. I’m just worried the quality won’t be best but hopefully it’ll be okay. I worry too much!

When we printed the receipt, it lists all the missing documents in it... so maybe there’s a chance they WERE uploaded to the system. We added a letter in with our paperwork too, to state that we have been having issues for the past week with VFS and how we had to print our docs etc and if they need anymore just to email us. Do you think this will be ok? I just don’t want to get rejected for something that was beyond our control. We have all the docs readily available for them too should they need more.

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2021, 02:22:42 PM »
Honestly, I think you'll be okay.

If the receipt lists the uploaded documents, then I can only assume they have been correctly uploaded. It's probably just the VFS website interface having some issues, meaning you aren't seeing them properly.

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2021, 12:29:25 AM »
Hello; my husband had his biometrics today and at the appointment be said they scanned the barcode on his appointment letter and didn’t sign or stamp anything??  Is this normal? I’m really worried because it sounds unlike the marriage visitor visa! Do you guys know?

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2021, 06:31:24 AM »
Hello; my husband had his biometrics today and at the appointment be said they scanned the barcode on his appointment letter and didn’t sign or stamp anything??  Is this normal? I’m really worried because it sounds unlike the marriage visitor visa! Do you guys know?
I don’t know - maybe they’ve changed things.

I haven’t heard of the appointment letter having a barcode before, so maybe that’s new and instead of stamping, they just scan the barcode now.

I would still have him include the biometrics appointment sheet in the package he sends to New York - I assume they will scan the barcode there to check he attended biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2021, 08:10:33 AM »
I don’t know - maybe they’ve changed things.

I haven’t heard of the appointment letter having a barcode before, so maybe that’s new and instead of stamping, they just scan the barcode now.

I would still have him include the biometrics appointment sheet in the package he sends to New York - I assume they will scan the barcode there to check he attended biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I’ll get him to send it in, though It wasn’t stamped, it should still be on the system too right? They never even gave him the info about sending docs within five days but i don’t know if it’s standard of them to do so, since it’s online etc. We were just panicking wondering how they’ll know he attended  :-\\\\

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2021, 08:13:32 AM »
Thank you! I’ll get him to send it in, though It wasn’t stamped, it should still be on the system too right? They never even gave him the info about sending docs within five days but i don’t know if it’s standard of them to do so, since it’s online etc. We were just panicking wondering how they’ll know he attended  :-\\\\

I completely understand your anxiety but I agree, try not to worry. The biometric data is an electronic record so it will be there for them to access.

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2021, 08:24:04 AM »
I completely understand your anxiety but I agree, try not to worry. The biometric data is an electronic record so it will be there for them to access.

Thank you, the whole process has been sooooo stressy haha! I wouldn’t have been able to do it without you all helping  :D I remember for the Marriage Visitor one he had something stamped but this time they just said they didn’t need it! but then afterwards I was thinking about it and thought it didn’t seem right haha

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2021, 08:44:36 AM »
Thank you, the whole process has been sooooo stressy haha! I wouldn’t have been able to do it without you all helping  :D I remember for the Marriage Visitor one he had something stamped but this time they just said they didn’t need it! but then afterwards I was thinking about it and thought it didn’t seem right haha

It might be worth just adding a sentence somewhere to the effect that he asked for the letter to be stamped but that they declined to do it.

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2021, 09:00:58 AM »
As larrabee said, it's all done electronically, so his biometrics will be linked to his application number in the computer system... so I believe the stamped sheet was just to inform New York that biometrics had been attended before mailing the passport.

However, the visa itself will be processed in Sheffield, with the online application form, biometrics and all the documents transmitted to the Sheffield offices electronically. Then once it has been processed, Sheffield will inform New York of the decision, then New York will issue the visa vignette into his passport and mail it back to him.

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2021, 06:52:25 PM »
Hi everyone, just a little update to let you know today my husbands visa was approved! It’s a YES!!!! I have you all to thank. I could not have done this without you. I had so many questions, so many worries but you all helped me feel at ease. Thank you so so soo much and I am looking forward to regularly coming on here 💕 ;D

• Liked: 387
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2021, 06:57:13 PM »
Congratulations!! [smiley=balloon.gif]

Sponsored Links