Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR M Application Help  (Read 467 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR M Application Help
« on: January 11, 2021, 10:48:56 PM »
Hi All,

We’re finally at the stage of applying for FLR M from a T4 Student Visa after getting married at the end of last year. (American partner applying)

We have filled in everything required on the application but are yet to submit pending a few items.

Could people please shed some light on the following?

-‘Evidence of uk partners immigration status in the UK’ as the UK resident, what exactly would that be? Birth certificate?

-Items of correspondence addressed. Whilst we have recently joined banks, apart from council tax we don’t really have any letters in both names. Whats next best for submission? The address we currently live at we have only been at for 6 months and we haven’t technically lived together for the 2 years the application mentions?

-Payslips covering any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application & A letter confirming pay etc.
Again, new job in the last 6 months and previous employer is incredibly useless with letters etc so obtaining all my previous pay slips and the letter could be difficult. Would my current employer for the last 6 months suffice in this instance?

I think thats it for now! Any help is much appreciated Just want to ensure we have everything before paying up and submitting.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR M Application Help
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 11:13:52 PM »
We’re finally at the stage of applying for FLR M from a T4 Student Visa after getting married at the end of last year. (American partner applying)

Congratulations on your wedding :).

-‘Evidence of uk partners immigration status in the UK’ as the UK resident, what exactly would that be? Birth certificate?

This is their current valid UK passport.

A birth certificate should only be provided where the UK sponsor does not have a valid UK passport. In this case though, they not only have to provide their birth certificate, but other documents proving they are ordinarily resident in the UK.

-Items of correspondence addressed. Whilst we have recently joined banks, apart from council tax we don’t really have any letters in both names. Whats next best for submission? The address we currently live at we have only been at for 6 months and we haven’t technically lived together for the 2 years the application mentions?

You don't need to have lived together for 2 years, because you are switching from a Tier 4 visa to FLR(M) after getting married and aren't expected to have lived together yet. Remember, this application is also used for people applying to extend their initial spousal or FLR(M) visa, where they will have been living together for 2.5 years already.

You also don't need mail in JOINT names, you just need mail sent to each of you at the same address as each other. So, just gather up all the mail you have each received since you moved in together and see if you can put together 6 items in each name.

They should be evenly-spaced over the time you have lived together, from at least 3 different official sources. If they are separately-addressed, ideally they should be dated in the same month as each other.

For example, if you have lived together for 12 months, you will want to provide one document in each name from each of the following months:
January 2020
March 2020
May 2020
July 2020
September 2020
November 2020
January 2021

Acceptable sources include:
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

-Payslips covering any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application & A letter confirming pay etc.
Again, new job in the last 6 months and previous employer is incredibly useless with letters etc so obtaining all my previous pay slips and the letter could be difficult. Would my current employer for the last 6 months suffice in this instance?

Which financial requirement category are you applying under? Category A or Category B? Do you meet the £18,600 requirement on your own, or does your partner meet the £18,600 requirement on their own, or do you need to combine your incomes to meet the requirement?

Category A requires only 6 months of payslips and bank statements. Category B requires 12 months of payslips and bank statements.

How long have you been with your current employer? How long have you been earning over £18,600?

If the answer to both of those is more than 6 months, then you will be Category A, and you will need to provide:
- 6 months of payslips (usually 7 months are needed to cover every day of the 6 months)
- 6 months of bank statements (usually 7 months are needed to cover every day of the 6 months)
- letter from current employer stating employment details (current employment and salary, length of employment, length of time earning current salary, type of employment)
- job contract
- latest P60 if you have one

If the answer is less than 6 months for either of those, then you will be Category B, and you will need to provide:
- 12 months of payslips from all jobs held in the last 12 months to show you have earned at least £18,600 in total before tax (usually 13 months are needed to cover every day of the 12 months)
- 12 months of bank statements (usually 13 months are needed to cover every day of the 12 months)
- letter from current employer stating employment details (current employment and salary, length of employment, length of time earning current salary, type of employment)
- if any of your previous job payslips are electronic, they will need to be verified in a letter from your previous employer
- current job contract
- latest P60 if you have one

The latest payslip, bank statement and all employer letters provided must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application.

I think thats it for now! Any help is much appreciated Just want to ensure we have everything before paying up and submitting.

It sounds like you might have a bit of research to do on the document requirements and may need to spend some time gathering documents and getting they meet the required formats before you will be ready to submit the application.

Can you list here all the documents you have for each of the following requirements:
- Accommodation requirement
- Financial requirement
- Relationship requirement

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 09:50:04 PM »
Sorry further help, we’re making progress in terms of evidence

“A letter from relatives or friends confirming that I or my partner lived with them for some of or all of the 2 year period”

Given that my wife as the applicant, spent some of that time at home in the states and at uni, would it be a letter relating to those locations or different?

I nay be interpreting it wrong but i don’t understand!

Thanks

FLR M Application Help
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 10:02:30 PM »
Sorry further help, we’re making progress in terms of evidence

“A letter from relatives or friends confirming that I or my partner lived with them for some of or all of the 2 year period”

Given that my wife as the applicant, spent some of that time at home in the states and at uni, would it be a letter relating to those locations or different?

I nay be interpreting it wrong but i don’t understand!

Thanks

I’m not sure that this applies to you, because you are switching from Tier 4 to FLR(M), which means there is no requirement to have lived together at all before applying, let alone for 2 years.

You would only need a letter if you have been living TOGETHER in someone else’s house in the U.K., for example, if you do not have your own place and have had to live with your parents instead in order to save up for a place of your own.

What is your current living situation?

How long have you officially been living together on a permanent basis as a couple?

You only need to provide evidence from the time you officially moved in together full-time, without going back to the US or living at uni.

If she was living away at uni without you and then going back to the US for the holidays, then you were not living together at that time, so you don’t include it.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 10:08:44 PM »
I’m not sure that this applies to you, because you are switching from Tier 4 to FLR(M), which means there is no requirement to have lived together at all before applying, let alone for 2 years.

You would only need a letter if you have been living TOGETHER in someone else’s house in the U.K., for example, if you do not have your own place and have had to live with your parents instead in order to save up for a place of your own.

What is your current living situation?

How long have you officially been living together on a permanent basis as a couple?

You only need to provide evidence from the time you officially moved in together full-time, without going back to the US or living at uni.

If she was living away at uni without you and then going back to the US for the holidays, then you were not living together at that time, so you don’t include it.

We have our own house, Mother in law is living with us currently would that be it?

Living together permanently (2 different addresses) since March 2020.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 10:52:35 PM »
We have our own house, Mother in law is living with us currently would that be it?

No, that’s not it.

The part about that letter does not apply to you because you have your own house. So just ignore it.

So, to meet the relationship requirement, you just need to include :
- your marriage certificate
- mail in both your names (either joint or separate) dated between March 2020 and Jan 2021
... and that’s it.

And for the accommodation requirement, you provide the following:

If you rent your house:
- your tenancy agreement in both names
(- if the tenancy agreement is only in one name, you also need a letter from the landlord confirming the tenancy and giving the other person permission to live there too)
- your latest council tax bill

If you own your house:
- you Land Registry document
- your latest mortgage statement

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 11:30:30 PM »
No, that’s not it.

The part about that letter does not apply to you because you have your own house. So just ignore it.

So, to meet the relationship requirement, you just need to include :
- your marriage certificate
- mail in both your names (either joint or separate) dated between March 2020 and Jan 2021
... and that’s it.

And for the accommodation requirement, you provide the following:

If you rent your house:
- your tenancy agreement in both names
(- if the tenancy agreement is only in one name, you also need a letter from the landlord confirming the tenancy and giving the other person permission to live there too)

If you own your house:
- you Land Registry document
- your latest mortgage statement

Thanks very much!

After submitting how long do you have to upload the required evidence?

Thanks

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 11:35:14 PM »
Thanks very much!

After submitting how long do you have to upload the required evidence?

Thanks

You have until your biometrics appointment to upload and submit the documents on the UKVCAS website.

Alternatively there is also the option to add the Document Scanning service to your biometrics appointment for £50 when you book it, and then they will scan and upload all your documents for you at the appointment.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 08:44:14 AM »
Thankyou very much for your help so far!

Are the biometrics appointments not a part of the visa fees we paid? The extra £130 or so for the appointment on top seems a lot!

FLR M Application Help
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 09:26:08 AM »
Thankyou very much for your help so far!

Are the biometrics appointments not a part of the visa fees we paid? The extra £130 or so for the appointment on top seems a lot!

No, the biometrics appointments are done by UKVCAS who charge various fees for their services, on top of the £19.20 biometrics fees which was added to the visa fee when you submitted the application.

There are usually free appointments offered but they have been getting booked up very quickly, so many people have been struggling to find any available ones.

You could try looking at midnight when the new appointments are released, but if you do  find any free appointments you may need to wait several weeks to attend one.

Also, different appointment types are available at different biometrics centres. The free appointments are only available at Core Centres, along with the £110 out of hours/next day/same day appointments, while other appointment types are available at Enhanced Centres.

Have a look here for the different appointment types, services, and fees:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail

Sponsored Links