Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bizarre food from Lidl, including a corn dog/pancake breakfast item  (Read 4097 times)

• Liked: 1892

• Liked: 768
Re: Bizarre food from Lidl, including a corn dog/pancake breakfast item
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 05:35:40 PM »
Frozen Pancake & Sausage on a Stick and more...

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/18-cult-favorite-items-lidl-170300062.html
Those are what Americans call pigs in a blanket but on a stick and they are amazing.  You've been away way too long!

We used to get them at Denny's sans stick.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 06:06:54 PM »
Hi @nctami72 , I've missed you !  :D

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 06:22:49 PM »
Hi @nctami72 , I've missed you !  :D
Hello!

I've been really unwell for some months now. I've not been able to get adequate medical treatment here so I've got a flight back to North Carolina on Tuesday to see my endocrinologist. I'll be gone for 2 months.

I won't go into my long detailed story but the bottom line is the NHS doesn't treat my autoimmune disorder here and they don't prescribe the medication I need.  So I have to go back to see my American endocrinologist to get back on my treatment program and proper medication.

I look forward to better days!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 06:32:32 PM »
Hello!

I've been really unwell for some months now. I've not been able to get adequate medical treatment here so I've got a flight back to North Carolina on Tuesday to see my endocrinologist. I'll be gone for 2 months.

I won't go into my long detailed story but the bottom line is the NHS doesn't treat my autoimmune disorder here and they don't prescribe the medication I need.  So I have to go back to see my American endocrinologist to get back on my treatment program and proper medication.

I look forward to better days!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that!  :-\\\\  But hopefully this trip will get you back on track.

Stay safe!  [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 06:38:53 PM »
Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that!  :-\\\\  But hopefully this trip will get you back on track.

Stay safe!  [smiley=hug.gif]
It is going to be an adjustment interacting with people again. I just saw a news article about the hundreds of people standing in line to get into the gun show in Raleigh and here we are not even able to leave the house.

I want people to take it seriously but I also don't like being threatened with a fine if we go to the wrong grocery store.

My flight has already been cancelled twice and rescheduled 2 additional times.  I've had to pay for 2 covid tests because the first one I booked would be expired by 25 minutes because of the flight changes.

I'm at the end of my emotional rope. I know we all are.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 12:22:49 PM »
It is going to be an adjustment interacting with people again. I just saw a news article about the hundreds of people standing in line to get into the gun show in Raleigh and here we are not even able to leave the house.

I want people to take it seriously but I also don't like being threatened with a fine if we go to the wrong grocery store.

My flight has already been cancelled twice and rescheduled 2 additional times.  I've had to pay for 2 covid tests because the first one I booked would be expired by 25 minutes because of the flight changes.

I'm at the end of my emotional rope. I know we all are.

You are braver than I am for going back to NC right now.  I really hope things get better for you from a medical point of view.  You must be happy about seeing your kids as well. 
Things must be really bad for you to give up on the NHS and try your luck in the nutso US healthcare system. 
And it's great to see you back here!

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 12:38:54 PM »
You are braver than I am for going back to NC right now.  I really hope things get better for you from a medical point of view.  You must be happy about seeing your kids as well. 
Things must be really bad for you to give up on the NHS and try your luck in the nutso US healthcare system. 
And it's great to see you back here!
Especially since I have to pay cash for all treatment.

The NHS treatment for my condition is pretty non existent. I've given them a few years to sort it out and because of the lack of treatment my symptoms have turned neurological in nature and I'm no longer able to work.

I did spend a couple of days in the hospital for hypokalemia and then I had a nasty fall at home from the neuropathy in my feet so I'm really left with no choice.

I'm barely existing. I'm a shell of my former self. Most days I don't leave the couch and I spend all day asleep.

My endocrinologist will get me sorted though. And I'll be back in Scotland in 2 months.

The travel situation is very much less than ideal. It is the very last thing I want to do.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 12:51:41 PM »
I'm sorry you have to travel home Tami, Dr Croom in Leicester is very good for weird health issues if you need someone private here when you return. Good luck with everything, and give your kids a huge hug!

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 01:07:41 PM »

I'm barely existing. I'm a shell of my former self. Most days I don't leave the couch and I spend all day asleep.

My endocrinologist will get me sorted though. And I'll be back in Scotland in 2 months.

Stay positive Tami, we are all wishing you the best.  I really envy the fact that you can go to Popeye's and get a fired chicken biscuit

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 01:15:36 PM »
  Stay positive Tami, we are all wishing you the best.  I really envy the fact that you can go to Popeye's and get a fired chicken biscuit
Except I can't eat any wheat! So there will be no biscuits or fried chicken in my future. No patty melts on rye bread either. This will not even be an exciting food excursion. No corn bread or bbq baked beans.

I can however eat some delicious smoked brisket, pork ribs and delicious grain finished USDA ribeyes and burger patties.

I'm actually quite sad about not having access to beautiful dairy products over there. Nothing compares to our dairy over on this side of the world.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 01:27:27 PM »
What diary stuff do you miss?  Cheese?

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 01:34:28 PM »
What diary stuff do you miss?  Cheese?
All the creams and cheese. Cream in the US is mostly tainted with carrageenan. It is really hard to find cream with a single ingredient: cream. Plus you don't have your choice of single, double, whipping, extra thick, creme Fraiche (unless you fancy paying $6+ for 60ml jars), clotted cream, etc. You can get whipping cream or half and half.

Then cheese... they have a big selection of "fancy" cheese but it is all imported so it is super expensive. I'm not paying $13 for the cheese I buy here for £2.

I am excited about the all beef hot dogs and proper bacon though.

I have a proper smoker/bbq waiting for me. (Big Green Egg) So hopefully the kids will be cooking all the meats.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 01:42:27 PM »
Does that mean that NC BBBQ is on the menu?   Yum Yum

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 02:59:16 PM »
Does that mean that NC BBBQ is on the menu?   Yum Yum
I hate, hate, hate Eastern NC bbq. Do not put that vinegar shite on my meat.

I'll probably make my own BBQ sauce,  sugar free of course. I like a chipotle mustard bbq sauce.

Sponsored Links