Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to access free Biometrics appointments?  (Read 592 times)

• Liked: 0
How to access free Biometrics appointments?
« on: January 21, 2021, 08:59:03 AM »
Hello,
We are currently looking for biometrics appointments but can only find ones costing 110 or 199 pounds. I read in a different thread that the free ones need to be booked 2-3 months in advance but I dont know how to do that since the site only gives a 4 week view for appointments? Anyone have any ideas?

• Liked: 6110
Re: How to access free Biometrics appointments?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 09:03:46 AM »
Hello,
We are currently looking for biometrics appointments but can only find ones costing 110 or 199 pounds. I read in a different thread that the free ones need to be booked 2-3 months in advance but I dont know how to do that since the site only gives a 4 week view for appointments? Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure that anyone recently has found a free one but I know some have found a £69.99 appointment recently which is a bit better.
You just have to keep trying, including  just after midnight and through the night.

• settled in UK July 2018 on unmarried partner visa
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 10:47:40 AM »
Hi:

I thought I had read something about 'out of hours' appointments? Are those also listed on the UKVCAS site when it comes time to book a biometrics appointment?

And does anyone know if an 'expedited' biometrics appointment is possible, i.e. paying extra so one can get it done sooner rather than later?

Thanks,
H

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 11:23:06 AM »
Hi:

I thought I had read something about 'out of hours' appointments? Are those also listed on the UKVCAS site when it comes time to book a biometrics appointment?

At the moment, out of hours appointments seem to be the only ones available... they’re either £110 or £135, I believe. Though you may be able to find an enhanced appointment for £69.99 at an Enhanced Centre (this is basically a free appointment with the document checking and scanning services included).

Free appointments are almost impossible to get at the moment because they seem to book up as soon as they are released. I don’t recall anyone who has managed to get one in the last few months.

And does anyone know if an 'expedited' biometrics appointment is possible, i.e. paying extra so one can get it done sooner rather than later?

Normally there is the Super Priority service for £800 which gives a decision within 24 hours of biometrics.

However, this service was suspended in March 2020 when all the UKVCAS centres closed during lockdown, and it is still not yet available to purchase.

If does become available again, it will be offered as an option when you submit your online application and pay for the visa. If there is no option to buy Super Priority when you apply online, it means the service is still not available yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• settled in UK July 2018 on unmarried partner visa
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 04:30:43 PM »
I had submitted my on-line application early this morning, and immediately set about trying to book a biometrics appointment.

I looked at UKVCAS facilities within 100 miles of my home here in Sussex, and none had appointments of any kind until the very end of the month, or early April.

I didn't see any options for 'out of hours'... or for any expedited 'premium' service....  so I guess I'll have to wait a month for my appointment!

H

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 04:40:48 PM »
I had submitted my on-line application early this morning, and immediately set about trying to book a biometrics appointment.

I looked at UKVCAS facilities within 100 miles of my home here in Sussex, and none had appointments of any kind until the very end of the month, or early April.

I didn't see any options for 'out of hours'... or for any expedited 'premium' service....  so I guess I'll have to wait a month for my appointment!

H

You may want to keep trying, after midnight and in the early hours of the morning are the best times supposedly.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab