Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) Renewal Checklist & Questions  (Read 1119 times)

• Liked: 6
FLR (M) Renewal Checklist & Questions
« on: February 18, 2021, 12:51:41 PM »
Hello there! This forum helped me immensely through this visa journey so I come now with further questions to help ease me anxiety with this second renewal.

Rundown: I came over on a Fiance Visa on June 28th, 2018, Married on August 30th 2018 and applied for my spousal visa in Nov. 2018. That got approved on Dec. 19th 2018, and my BRP is valid untilJune 19th,2021.

My questions start with a silly one; Am I right in thinking that I can start my application now but not submit it until 22nd of May 2021 at the earliest?

Here is a list of what I have so far as well as questions in blue:

Applicant Documents
- My passport copy:: Full scan of every page
- Signed sponsor's declaration :: Part of the online application that I haven't reached.
- Part 1 of the consent to checks forms, signed by the applicant :: Part of the online application that I haven't reached.
- Part 2 of the consent to checks forms, signed by the applicant :: Part of the online application that I haven't reached.

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- My partner's passport copy (British citizen):: Full scan of every page.
- Scan of my BRP card

Finances:
- 6 FULL months of husbands payslips showing at least £1,550 before tax on each one - normally this means including 7 months' worth to cover every single day of the 6 months. The latest payslip must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you apply online. My husband gets paid the final friday of each month, so if I submit my application on the 24th of May [Few days leeway] would that mean I only include Nov. 2020 - Apr. 2021 payslips or do I need to go Oct-April?
Secondly: Since my husbands work no longer issues paper paychecks I assume I should have him get his employer to include a list of his paychecks incl. Date&Amount to verify them in the employer letter?

- 6 FULL months of bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip - normally this means including 7 months' worth to cover every single day of the 6 months. The latest bank statement must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you apply online.
- A letter from husbands employer, dated no more than 28 days before the date you apply online, stating ALL of the following:
i) Current employment and salary :: List of 6 months of paychecks Amounts and Dates
ii) Length of employment
iii) Length of time earning current salary
iv) Type of employment (full- or part-time, permanent or temporary)
- Job contract
- Latest P60

Residence in the UK
Accommodation Documents
- Council bill with both of our names on it
- Copy of Mortgage I am not on the mortgage since I was not able to be put on, but do I still include the mortgage paperwork with my husbands name? I do have a Form of Consent towards the mortgage from Cambridge Building Society that has me as a signee showing I live here. Do I just include both?
Cohabitation Documents (these are your relationship documents)
- 6 items of original official mail in each of your names, showing you have been living together for the last 2 years
- they must be evenly-spaced, dated every 4 months Do I go from May 2019-2021 for this or April 2019-2021? Also, Could I reuse our Joint Bank statements for these months? I do have my original personal bank account statements as well as my husbands  original credit card statements for the last 2 years.
- they must be from at least 3 different official sources (i.e. bank statement, council tax bill, electricity bill, phone bill etc.)
- you can either provide 1 jointly-addressed item of mail or 2 individually-addressed items of mail for each of the required months
- all the documents must have been received in the post in the months they were issued
So, you will need 1 item of mail in each name from each of the following months:

[I still need to dig out this paperwork, But if I could reuse the joint bank account statements that would help fill some months. I can update this is the coming months.]
May 2019
Sept 2019
Jan 2020
May 2020
Sept 2020
Jan 2021
May 2021:[I do not know if ill get paper statements in time for this month. I could use my online Amex statement and my husbands online credit card statement but I feel like getting those verified would push me past May into June. Is that okay?]

Other
Marriage certificate

::That's about what I can think of right now. An overlook and any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!
::UK: Fiance Visa- Non-Priority
Applying from: MA-USA
Online Application Date: March 6, 2018
Biometrics Date: March 12, 2018
Application Received UKVI: March 15, 2018
Decision Made Email: June 12, 2018 [60 Business Days from Received Email]
Visa APPROVED! June 14th,2018
Married Aug. 30th 2018 <3
FLR [M]: Filed Nov. 9th 2018
FLR [M] Approved: Dec.19th, 2018 [BRP Exp. June 19th, 2021]
2nd FLR [M]: Filed May 23rd,2021 [Biometrics-June18th, 2021]
2nd FLR [M]: Approved: July 16th,2021 [BRP Exp. Feb. 12th, 2024]
ILR to Dual Citizenship]: - - -

• Liked: 3589
Re: FLR (M) Renewal Checklist & Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 01:15:30 PM »
Welcome back :)

Rundown: I came over on a Fiance Visa on June 28th, 2018, Married on August 30th 2018 and applied for my spousal visa in Nov. 2018. That got approved on Dec. 19th 2018, and my BRP is valid untilJune 19th,2021.

My questions start with a silly one; Am I right in thinking that I can start my application now but not submit it until 22nd of May 2021 at the earliest?

Yes, as you arrived on a fiance visa and switched to FLR(M), the earliest you can apply is 28 days before your BRP expires... which will be 22nd May 2021.

Finances:
- 6 FULL months of husbands payslips showing at least £1,550 before tax on each one - normally this means including 7 months' worth to cover every single day of the 6 months. The latest payslip must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you apply online. My husband gets paid the final friday of each month, so if I submit my application on the 24th of May [Few days leeway] would that mean I only include Nov. 2020 - Apr. 2021 payslips or do I need to go Oct-April?
Secondly: Since my husbands work no longer issues paper paychecks I assume I should have him get his employer to include a list of his paychecks incl. Date&Amount to verify them in the employer letter?

Yes, if the payslips are electronic, the employer letter should verify the following:
- pay date, gross pay, net pay, date deposited into bank account, and an explanation for any discrepancy between payslip date or amount and bank deposit date or amount (i.e. if it was deposited on a different date due to Christmas)

If you submit on 24th May, your latest payslip and bank statement must be dated no earlier than 26th April... looks like the last Friday in April this year will be the 30th, so that works for your timing.

In terms of the 6 months you have to cover, your payslips and bank statements will need to cover every single day between:
30th October to 30th April

So, assuming he was paid on 29th October (last Friday of the month), you will need to include the following payslips:
29th October
27th November
25th December
29th January
26th February
26th March
30th April

And the bank statements must cover every single day from 29th Oct to 30th April, with each payslip deposit showing

- Copy of Mortgage I am not on the mortgage since I was not able to be put on, but do I still include the mortgage paperwork with my husbands name? I do have a Form of Consent towards the mortgage from Cambridge Building Society that has me as a signee showing I live here. Do I just include both?

It doesn't matter if you're not on the mortgage (most visa applicants won't be on the mortgage anyway). You're only providing it as evidence of the monthly housing costs for the property... so you just provide the mortgage statement in your husband' name and nothing else.

- 6 items of original official mail in each of your names, showing you have been living together for the last 2 years
- they must be evenly-spaced, dated every 4 months Do I go from May 2019-2021 for this or April 2019-2021?

It depends if you have any mail from May or not by the time you apply, and also what spacing work best in terms of what you have that you can use.

So you can either use the following spacing:
May 2019
September 2019
January 2020
May 2020
September 2020
January 2021
May 2021

Or you can use:
April 2019
August 2019
December 2019
April 2020
August 2020
December 2020
April 2021

Also, Could I reuse our Joint Bank statements for these months? I do have my original personal bank account statements as well as my husbands  original credit card statements for the last 2 years.

As long as they were received in the mail in the months they were issued, you can use either your joint statements, or you can use your individual bank statements along with your husband's credit card statements. Remember, you need at least 3 different sources... bank statements from all banks are 1 source, credit card statements are a second source, so you would need at least one other source as well.

If you can post a list of all the documents you have, we can help you work out what you can use, and which spacing is best for you.

[I still need to dig out this paperwork, But if I could reuse the joint bank account statements that would help fill some months. I can update this is the coming months.]
May 2021:[I do not know if ill get paper statements in time for this month. I could use my online Amex statement and my husbands online credit card statement but I feel like getting those verified would push me past May into June. Is that okay?]

You can't use anything that was issued online.

All the documents you include for the cohabitation must have been physically mailed to you in the months they were dated... because you are showing you were physically present in the house in those months in order to have received them and therefore have them in your possession now.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 10:15:32 AM »
Thank you so much for breaking this down for me Ksand24 =]!
I am still in the process of culminating the documents due to me also organizing all of last years paperwork, but I will most certainly get to posting my docs for overview. [Many thanks!]

I do have another question that popped in my head about my husbands credit card statements. His credit card is Nationwide, which is also our banking company. Since I would be using joint Nationwide bank statements as cohab documentation will the Nationwide Credit Statements be seen as the same source? Or is it split, Bank Statements one source and any Credit card statements another, regardless if its the same company?

Side thought here, but I keep seeing posters saying Biometrics are backed up for months, [If this is still the case for when I apply in May and my BRP expires before I can get in to do Biometrics is that okay?] and seem to cost over £100. Last time I did biometrics I just went into my Cambridge branch post office and spent £14. Has somthing changed recently due to having to scan documents? (/pandemic?)

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 10:40:20 AM »
I do have another question that popped in my head about my husbands credit card statements. His credit card is Nationwide, which is also our banking company. Since I would be using joint Nationwide bank statements as cohab documentation will the Nationwide Credit Statements be seen as the same source? Or is it split, Bank Statements one source and any Credit card statements another, regardless if its the same company?

They count as 2 different sources, because a credit card company is not a bank. It looks like Nationwide credit cards are issued by VISA, so your sources are:
Source 1= Nationwide bank account
Source 2 = VISA credit card

Side thought here, but I keep seeing posters saying Biometrics are backed up for months, [If this is still the case for when I apply in May and my BRP expires before I can get in to do Biometrics is that okay?]

The only thing you need to do is submit your online application before 19th June 2021, as that is your official application date. As long as your application is submitted before your visa expires, your immigration status and right to work will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave until your new visa is issued.

So, you can attend biometrics at any point after that, and it won't affect your application or your right to live in the UK.

And seem to cost over £100. Last time I did biometrics I just went into my Cambridge branch post office and spent £14. Has somthing changed recently due to having to scan documents? (/pandemic?)

The entire application process was overhauled about 2 years ago... nothing to do with the pandemic.

Biometrics cannot be given at Post Offices anymore (which cost £19.20, not £14), they are now only done at Core or Enhanced UKVCAS centres. 

So now the £19.20 fee for giving biometrics is added to your application fee, so when you submit the online application, you pay £1,052.20 (£1,033 + £19.20) and then after that you have to book an appointment for biometrics at a UKVCAS centre.

The UKVCAS centres offer various types of appointments... normally there are free appointments available at no extra charge. However, because of Covid, they get booked up very quickly, and it's almost impossible to get one... I don't recall anyone here on the forum actually being able to find a free appointment in the last few months.

As a result, most people are having to pay for 'out of hours' appointments, which cost £110... again normally, these would be available same-day or next-day, but because of Covid, it's been a wait of maybe 2-4 weeks for them. Some appointments are offered for £135, which I think also includes document scanning.

Also, the Enhanced centres offer Enhanced appointments for £69,99 which include document checking and scanning. These are basically free appointments but with the extra services already included for a lower price than it costs to add them separately (it usually costs £45 for document checking and £50 for document scanning).

See here for more information about the current service status, the locations of centres, and the types of appointments available:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-detail?flashmessageId=74833
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/locations
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 10:05:48 PM »
I have finally been able to get time to file the rest of the paperwork. Thank you all for the advice and for catching me up on the changes to the biometrics, much appreciated! =]

This is my list as of today, all paperwork is in front of me and [about half] scanned to PDF files and ready to be uploaded.

Applicant Documents
- My passport copy:: Full scan of every page [Also done: Full scan of previous passport with Fiancee visa in it under my Maiden name]
- Signed sponsor's declaration :: Part of the online application that I haven't reached.
- Part 1 of the consent to checks forms, signed by the applicant :: Part of the online application that I haven't reached.
- Part 2 of the consent to checks forms, signed by the applicant :: Part of the online application that I haven't reached.

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- My partner's passport copy (British citizen):: Full scan of every page.
- Scan of my BRP card

Finances:
- 6 FULL months of husbands payslips [Last week day of the month, I goofed in thinking it was the last friday of every month]
::Oct. 30th 2020|Nov. 30th 2020|Dec. 18 2020 [Early Payment will be explained in his Letter from his employer stating that Christmas brought forward his Dec. 31st Pay]| Jan.29th 2021|26th Feb 2021|31st Mar. 2021| 30th Apr. 2021::
- 6 FULL months of bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip
6th Nov. Statement- Showing 6th. Oct- 5th of Nov. [Oct. 30th Paycheck]
Dec. Statement- Showing 6th Nov. - 4th Dec.
Jan. Statement- Shows Dec.-Jan.
Feb. Statement- Shows Jan-Feb.
Mar. Statement-Shows Feb.-Mar.
Apr. Statement-Shows Mar.-April
-(Still Awaiting)May Statement- Shows April 5th-May 4[5th?] [Covers 30th April Paycheck]

- A letter from husbands employer, dated no more than 28 days before the date you apply online, stating ALL of the following:
i) Current employment and salary :: List of 6 months of paychecks Amounts and Dates, with Christmas Early Pay explained.
[Question about this: My husband is up for a promotion and payrise starting May, this wont be shown on Aprils paycheck. Because of this, do I need to tell him to have his employer verify in the Employer Letter that he was [Senior x]making 'X' Amount per annum up until end of April in which now he is [Expert x] making x per annum from May onwards? I'm just unsure since if I put what he now makes per year in when i submit in May, then only submit up til Aprils paychecks, it wont match up monthly.]
ii) Length of employment
iii) Length of time earning current salary [Again, will his employer stating both ranges in salary fill this requirment?]
- Job contract from 2015 start
- Latest P60

Residence in the UK
Accommodation Documents
- Council bill with both of our names on it 2021-2022
- Copy of Approved Mortgage from Sept. 2019 [Before we moved in in Dec. to our new build]
[Mortgage 2020-2021 Annual Overview document- Would it hurt to submit this as well?]
-BPHA Rent Cost [Most Recent April Rent Change Paperwork] - [We live in a Shared Ownership Home, so I figure I should include this as well?]
[Other Paperwork:
-Land Registry- Proof of homeownership
-Title/Registry/Original Lease Paperwork from Holmes&Hills Solicitors
-Memorandum of Sale from BPHA [Shared Ownership]]

May 2019- Me: NiN Issuance Paperwork from Dept. for Works and Pensions [GOV] | Husband: May Nationwide Credit Card Stat.
Sept 2019- Joint Acct. Sept. Nationwide Stat.
Jan 2020- Joint Acct. Anglian Water Bill
May 2020- Joint Acct. Nationwide May Stat.
Sept 2020- Joint Acct. Nationwide Sept. Stat.
Jan 2021- Me: Pers. Acct. Jan. Stat. | Husband: Virgin Media Bill
May 2021: [Still Awaiting] Me: AMEX Credit Card Stat. | Husband: Nationwide Credit Card Stat.

Other
Marriage certificate

Phew, I do hope I got everything in this post. I say the most iffy bit for me is the documentation for our house since its a shared ownership.
I cannot wait to get this done and over with aha. Cheers!

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 12:50:21 PM »
[Wanted to just edit this in, but couldn't figure out how to.]
I realized I may not get any of May 2021's 'official mail' til after May 24th when I was planning to submit. [Because my husbands last paycheck before submission would be April 30th, my last possible day to submit and also get May 2021s portion of official mail would be May 27th. [28 days from then would bring be to just one day before his last paycheck date.]I will however get my Joint Account NW statment early this month, but that is being used to verify my husbands April pay. I was wondering if I could just re-use this again as my last portion of my May 2019-2021 official mail.
Or would I be safe to submit the application, then wait a few days to see if other statments arrive such as my AMEX stat. and husbands credit card stat., and upload them then? I just don't know if they'll count it since they're dated after submission? [I am almost done getting together Apr. 2019- Apri. 2021 mail just in case I cannot get the May mail in time. I'm assuming that wont affect my application in any way if I do have to switch last minute?]

I wish I wasn't so nervous about screwing this up.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 01:18:31 PM »
[Wanted to just edit this in, but couldn't figure out how to.]

You press the ‘Modify’ button at the top of the message and it should open it up so you can edit.

I will however get my Joint Account NW statment early this month, but that is being used to verify my husbands April pay. I was wondering if I could just re-use this again as my last portion of my May 2019-2021 official mail.

Yes. Just reuse it - lots of people do that.

You just need to upload the bank statement twice - once to the Finances section and once to the Residence in the UK section.

Or would I be safe to submit the application, then wait a few days to see if other statments arrive such as my AMEX stat. and husbands credit card stat., and upload them then? I just don't know if they'll count it since they're dated after submission? [I am almost done getting together Apr. 2019- Apri. 2021 mail just in case I cannot get the May mail in time. I'm assuming that wont affect my application in any way if I do have to switch last minute?]

I would not suggest submitting first and then waiting for the document to arrive as you are supposed to have everything in order for the application before you submit it.

The easiest thing to do is just re-use the joint bank statement that you get earlier in the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 01:26:36 PM »
Sorry, didn’t notice this post earlier.

i) Current employment and salary :: List of 6 months of paychecks Amounts and Dates, with Christmas Early Pay explained.
[Question about this: My husband is up for a promotion and payrise starting May, this wont be shown on Aprils paycheck. Because of this, do I need to tell him to have his employer verify in the Employer Letter that he was [Senior x]making 'X' Amount per annum up until end of April in which now he is [Expert x] making x per annum from May onwards? I'm just unsure since if I put what he now makes per year in when i submit in May, then only submit up til Aprils paychecks, it wont match up monthly.]
ii) Length of employment
iii) Length of time earning current salary [Again, will his employer stating both ranges in salary fill this requirment?]

You put his current, new salary on the application, as this will be used to determine his future salary. Then his payslips with the previous salary will be used to work out his income for the last 6 months.

And the employer letter must state:
- current job title and new salary
- total length of employment
- date new salary started
- previous salary
- length of time earning previous salary
- type of employment

Residence in the UK
Accommodation Documents
- Council bill with both of our names on it 2021-2022
- Copy of Approved Mortgage from Sept. 2019 [Before we moved in in Dec. to our new build]
[Mortgage 2020-2021 Annual Overview document- Would it hurt to submit this as well?]
-BPHA Rent Cost [Most Recent April Rent Change Paperwork] - [We live in a Shared Ownership Home, so I figure I should include this as well?]
[Other Paperwork:
-Land Registry- Proof of homeownership
-Title/Registry/Original Lease Paperwork from Holmes&Hills Solicitors
-Memorandum of Sale from BPHA [Shared Ownership]]

Yes, include both the Land Registry/mortgage documents and your rent documents, as you need to provide the following:
- proof of homeownership (Land Registry)
and
- proof of monthly housing costs (mortgage, rent, council tax)

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 06:10:00 PM »
Just wanted to update - -
I submitted the completed applicationon May 23rd. Afterwards I uploaded all documents and went to book biometrics. Latter took 3 days of logging in at midnight and got lucky at nabbing an enhanced service appointment for £75 on June 18th.

Now the wait... Got all my documents packed away to bring with me just in case. Crossing fingers everything goes without a hitch.
Thank you to everyone who's guided me thusfar! =D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 06:48:37 PM »
Good Luck!  :)

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 05:11:37 PM »
Went to my biometrics yesterday and everything went well. |Huzzah!] He went over my documents and okayed them all. Nothing needed reacanning luckily. So now the long wait.

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 11:03:36 AM »
I just received my email from Home Office Atlas saying my application was successful! It is valid until 12th of Feb. 2024 =]
What a huge relief! [And way quicker of a decision then me and my husband anticipated.]

Now to start saving paperwork for the next round.
Am I right to think I can apply for ILR sooner than beginning of February, since my spousal visa was approved on Dec. 19th of 2018?
I have also been looking at taking the life in the UK test, [and it seems there's no test center near Cambridge?] So hoping to get that out of the way soonish.
Thank you everyone for your input and help! Much appreciated!

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »
I just received my email from Home Office Atlas saying my application was successful! It is valid until 12th of Feb. 2024 =]
What a huge relief! [And way quicker of a decision then me and my husband anticipated.]

Congratulations !

Am I right to think I can apply for ILR sooner than beginning of February, since my spousal visa was approved on Dec. 19th of 2018?

You can apply for ILR up to 28 days before Dec 19th 2023 .

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 11:41:28 AM »

Now to start saving paperwork for the next round.
I have also been looking at taking the life in the UK test, [and it seems there's no test center near Cambridge?] So hoping to get that out of the way soonish.
Thank you everyone for your input and help! Much appreciated!

Congratulations!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab