Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Checklist 2021  (Read 1848 times)

• Liked: 2
ILR Checklist 2021
« on: February 23, 2021, 02:35:29 PM »
Hi guys

I am looking to apply for my wife’s  ILR visa from 20th March onwards below I have compiled a checklist please could you advise if I am missing anything out:-

Proof of ID and Travel History
Applicant's passport (all pages scanned)
Applicant's BRP card
Sponsor passport (all pages scanned)

Proof of Application
Sponsor signed declaration

Finance
6 months original payslips (covering October 2020 – March 2021)
6 months Bank Statements (covering October 2020 – March 2021)
Applicant's Employer Letter confirming employment

Residence
Correspondence Letters (quite a lot, however some joint some individual, covering the last 2.5 years)

Letter from parents giving us permission to live in the house.
Housing letter confirming adequate space to live etc…

Education
English B1 pass certificate
Life in the UK pass certificate pass screenshot from website

Life Events
Marriage Certificate (translated to English / and original copy)
Divorce certificate
Daughter's birth certificate (British)

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR Checklist 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 02:54:39 PM »
Just going to rearrange your documents a little, as they aren't quite in the correct upload sections. My comments are in blue, any missing documents are in red:

Proof of Application
Applicant's passport (all pages scanned)
Sponsor signed declaration (not sure if there is a sponsor declaration for ILR, but if there is one, include it here)
Part 1 Consent to checks form signed by applicant
Part 2 Consent to checks form signed by sponsor

Proof of ID and Travel History
Applicant's BRP card
Sponsor passport (all pages scanned)

Finance
6 months original payslips (covering October 2020 – March 2021)... this only covers 5 months and will not meet the requirements, which will result in a refusal. If the latest payslip is dated March 31st, you need to cover back to September 30th. So you need September to March payslips.
6 months Bank Statements (covering October 2020 – March 2021) again this only covers 5 months and will not meet the requirements, which will result in a refusal. You need September to March payslips.
Applicant's Employer Letter confirming employment... if payslips are electronic, the letter must also verify each payslip
Optional but recommended as they may ask to see them:
- latest P60 (April 2020)
- job contract

Residence in the UK
Accommodation
Proof of homeownership and permission to live in the property
- Parents' Land Registry document (most important document to include)
- Letter from parents giving us permission to live in the house.
Proof of monthly housing costs
- Latest mortgage statement (if they have a mortgage)
- Latest council tax bill

Cohabitation
Correspondence Letters (quite a lot, however some joint some individual, covering the last 2.5 years) - can you list them all here, including dates and who they are addressed to?
You need 1 document in each name (either joint or separate), evenly spaced over the last 2.5 years, from at least 3 official sources. So you should have one document each (or one joint document) from each of the following months:
September 2018
February 2019
July 2019
December 2019
May 2019
October 2020
March 2021

Other
English B1 pass certificate
Life in the UK pass certificate pass screenshot from website
Marriage Certificate (translated to English / and original copy)
Divorce certificate
Daughter's birth certificate (British)
Daughter's passport
Letter dated in the last 3 months confirming daughter's address (i.e. from her school or GP)

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 03:42:05 PM »
Thank you for your quick response, I should have included a much detailed checklist as I am currently at work I just added what I could.

I will add these highlighted in Red to the list as-well

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 07:16:53 PM »
Is giving the p60 and contract necessary as I didn't provide this when I applied for my wife's FLR M and that  was successful same with the mortgage statement and council tax bill. I did provide the land register form which I download from the internet.

I will need to have a look for these, they will include doctor letters, appointments, letters from bank and shopping letters and phone bill statements along those lines.

Just a few questions I need to ask:-

Do I also need to provide a scan of my parents passport photo aswell?

With the updated list which was updated do you think that will be enough for ILR to be successful?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 07:20:53 PM by CMPunk71 »

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:59:02 PM »
Is giving the p60 and contract necessary as I didn't provide this when I applied for my wife's FLR M and that  was successful

They are not mandatory, but the guidance does say that they may ask for them, so we just recommend including them anyway, so that if they are needed, they don't have to delay the processing of your application in order to contact you to ask for them.

same with the mortgage statement and council tax bill. I did provide the land register form which I download from the internet.

It is now a requirement to provide 'proof of monthly housing costs' for the visa (I believe this was added in the last 2 years), and I believe you will be asked about monthly costs on the application form... which will be the monthly mortgage and council tax payments. Also, it's a good idea to include the mortgage statement to prove that it is being paid each month (i.e. the homeowner won't default on the mortgage).

I will need to have a look for these, they will include doctor letters, appointments, letters from bank and shopping letters and phone bill statements along those lines.

Examples of acceptable documents are (from the old paper version of the form):
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

Do I also need to provide a scan of my parents passport photo aswell?

I'm not sure if this is needed or not. In the past, it hasn't been needed, but I think the online checklist now lists proof of homeowner's identity as a required document. So, it's up to you if you decide to include it or not.

With the updated list which was updated do you think that will be enough for ILR to be successful?

That all depends on whether or not each document you provide meets the formatting and date requirements or not (i.e. payslips and bank statements covering every day of the 6 months, the latest payslip and bank statement, plus the employer letter dated no more than 28 days before the online application date, online payslips verified in the employer letter, online bank statements stamped by the bank on every single page etc.)

At the moment, you don't have your cohabitation documents sorted out yet, so I can't tell you whether or not they will meet the requirement. If you are unable to provide 6 in each name, or they are not evenly spaced, or you don't have 3 official sources, you need to include an explanation for why not.

See Appendix FM-SE for evidence requirements (for mainly the financial documents):
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 11:01:15 PM »
Thank you for the detailed response, regarding the mortgage ive asked my father and our house its been all paid off, so its mortgage free.

If thats the case do I still need to submit something for this? Or advise its mortgage free on the application form?

I have documents from various sources which I can have evenly spread out just need to get them together and then provide a updated list.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 11:09:36 PM »
Thank you for the detailed response, regarding the mortgage ive asked my father and our house its been all paid off, so its mortgage free.

If thats the case do I still need to submit something for this? Or advise its mortgage free on the application form?

You don’t need to provide any documentation for it, but it can be mentioned in their letter that the house is owned outright, and in the accommodation/housing costs section of the application, you can say the same - that it’s owned outright and has no mortgage.

So, for the documents you just need to submit:
- Land Registry document
- Latest Council tax bill
- Letter from parents stating:
   - Full address
   - Property details (type of property, owned outright, number of bedrooms + living rooms)
   - Permission for you both to live there
   - Total number of occupants living in house to show it is not overcrowded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 12:33:37 PM »
Hi guys hope your all well, just a quick question Im starting to get all my documents scanned and wanted to know do I need to scan my wifes old passport before we were married or can we use the one she has now which was from 2015 and has her name changed etc?

Also on the new passport it has all the travel stamps to which countries she has visited? Because we cant seem to find her old passport!

When I did my wifes FLR M we just sent the current passport and there wasn’t any problems

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 12:41:53 PM »
You only have to include passports that she has held since moving to the UK.

So, if her current passport is the same one that her original spousal visa vignette was issued into, then you only need to include her current passport.

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 10:57:56 AM »
Thank you for this. Just another question I have.

I am going to supply my wage slips from October 2020 - March 2021. As I get my wageslip in 20th of each month, and the bank statement I get on 24th of each Month. So the bank statement will be September 24/09/2020 - March 24/03/2021 as the October, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and March statements will all show.

Hopefully should be okay

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 11:24:26 AM »
Thank you for this. Just another question I have.

I am going to supply my wage slips from October 2020 - March 2021. As I get my wageslip in 20th of each month, and the bank statement I get on 24th of each Month. So the bank statement will be September 24/09/2020 - March 24/03/2021 as the October, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and March statements will all show.

Hopefully should be okay
Okay, what’s your question?

At the moment, the payslip and bank statement months you have listed will not meet the requirements, as you are only covering 5 months, not 6 months (Oct 20th to Mar 20th is only 5 months)... so if you only include the payslips from October to March the visa will be refused.

In order to meet the requirement, the 6 months you have to cover are Sept 20th to Mar 20th

Therefore you need the following payslips:
Sept 20th
Oct 20th
Nov 20th
Dec 20th
Jan 20th
Feb 20th
Mar 20th

And the corresponding bank statements:
Aug 25th - Sep 24th
Sep 25th - Oct 24th
Oct 25th - Nov 24th
Nov 25th - Dec 24th
Dec 25th - Jan 24th
Jan 25th - Feb 24th
Feb 25th - Mar 24th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 01:57:58 PM »
Perfect thank you for this, I dont know why I always thought of adding it from October 2020 to March 2021 would be 6 months!

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 02:03:45 PM »
Perfect thank you for this, I dont know why I always thought of adding it from October 2020 to March 2021 would be 6 months!

I guess technically it covers 6 months' worth of income, because the 20th October payslip will include the pay from the previous month leading up to it.

However, for the visa, every single day of the 6 months must be explicitly covered in the paperwork, which means that if the 20th October payslip only shows the end date of the month of pay, and not the beginning date, then that's the only date that can be considered for the visa... and the 6 months will only start on 20th October. But if you count 6 months from 20th October, you get 20th April, not 20th March... so it's a month short.

Therefore, if the latest payslip you have is 20th March, in order to make sure that every day of the 6 months is covered, the payslip dates must explicitly go back to 20th September, to make sure that every single day between 20th Sept and 20th Oct is covered.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 02:18:51 PM »
Good afternoon all, hope your well

I have a few quick questions:-

my Father and Mother have written a letter advising they have adequate room and space for myself and wife to live in their house, since we have a 20 month daughter do they also need to mention her aswell advising she can also stay?

And for the tenancy letter do we also have to mention daughter or can it just me and my wife?

And finally since its Covid and my company are all working from home my electronic wage slips cannot be stamped as the office is closed, I have asked payroll to write a letter confirming the wage slips are authentic would this be okay?

I look forward to hearing from anybody

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 02:30:07 PM »
my Father and Mother have written a letter advising they have adequate room and space for myself and wife to live in their house, since we have a 20 month daughter do they also need to mention her aswell advising she can also stay?

Yes, because UKVI need to know the total number of occupants in the house, along with the total number of bedrooms + living rooms, in order to confirm that the home is not overcrowded.

If there are 4 adults and 1 child (between the age of 1 and 10) living in the property, then that counts as 4.5 people.... which means there must be a minimum of 3 suitable rooms (bedroom or living room) in the property in order for it not to be overcrowded.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa--2#maa12-overcrowding

And for the tenancy letter do we also have to mention daughter or can it just me and my wife?

What tenancy letter?

If you are living with your parents, only one letter is required: which is the letter you already mentioned above, giving you, your wife and your daughter permission to live there

For the accommodation requirement, you need:
- parents' Land Registry document
- a letter from your parents giving you, your wife and your daughter permission to live there
and
- their latest mortgage statement (if they have a mortgage)
- their latest council tax bill

And finally since its Covid and my company are all working from home my electronic wage slips cannot be stamped as the office is closed, I have asked payroll to write a letter confirming the wage slips are authentic would this be okay?

Yes, that letter is absolutely mandatory.

The payslips should not be stamped at all. Instead, the requirement for electronic payslips is that they MUST be accompanied by a letter printed on company letterhead and signed by a senior official, confirming the authenticity of the payslips.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab