Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR coming up - how to provide evidence of place of residence  (Read 288 times)

• Liked: 48
ILR coming up - how to provide evidence of place of residence
« on: February 24, 2021, 03:40:39 PM »
Not sure about how to provide evidence required: "A residential mortgage statement or tenancy agreement, and accompanying evidence of the mortgage or rent being paid (e.g. confirmation from the lender or landlord), will be treated as evidence of residence for the period covered by the statement or agreement"

We sold our house in California but at the time of buying our new house here, my husband had lost his job so the mortgage is in my name only. - he currently only has a very temp contract job so wont be able to get a mortgage at the moment and if he gets a perm job I dont really want to have to remortgage because we got an amazing rate fixed for 8 years! Land Registry wont allow me to add his name to title until I pay off the mortgage because he doesn't have a financial interest in the property. Obviously  we don't have a tenancy agreement.

Is there any way to provide the evidence they will be requiring for this part of the application? Many thanks for your insights.

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR coming up - how to provide evidence of place of residence
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 03:48:35 PM »
You already have all the evidence needed, so nothing to worry about.

You don't need anything in his name, because the accommodation requirement only needs to be met by you 'as a couple', not him specifically. So, you just need to show one of your names on the documents and that's all.

You simply provide the following:

Proof of homeownership
- Land Registry document in your name

Proof of monthly housing costs
- Latest mortgage statement in your name
- Latest council tax bill

And you will meet the accommodation requirement.

• Liked: 48
Re: ILR coming up - how to provide evidence of place of residence
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 04:54:27 PM »
ah thank you - I thought it had to be in joint names.

Sponsored Links