Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Quick FLR(M) question  (Read 530 times)

• Liked: 0
Quick FLR(M) question
« on: March 01, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
Hi All,

I am just about to begin the renewal process for my FLR(M) application (first renewal) and I was surprised to see so many changes to the application process. I've been trying to find the answers to my question in the forums, but I guess everyone's situation is a little different.

My situation: I've been in UK since June 2015 (was on a work visa) but transferred to the spouse visa on October 02 2018 (issue date). My current visa expires April 02 2021. Just to confirm, this means I can apply as early as March 5 2021 (28 days from expiry date). Is this correct?

My main questions revolves around the supporting documents. I understand that these will need to be uploaded via UKVCAS website and my appointment will likely be 3-4 weeks after my application is submitted. Do I need my employment letter/payslips etc to be dated within 28 days ahead of submitting the application? (ie up to 28 days before submitting application online but not after submitting the application and not connected to the UKVCAS appointment date) Hope that makes sense.

Regarding the letter from employer, will it make a difference if my employer sends me a scanned signed letter or should I request the original version and scan it myself?

UKVCAS can only be booked after submitting the application?

I saw something about a UKVCAS IDV app. Is this an option to do or will they appoint these as suitable?

One random question, but I see the processing times are quite long at the moment. Is it possible to change employment while waiting for visa to be processed (after current BRP expires) or will new employer require a new BRP?

Thanks so much for the help!

• Liked: 3595
Re: Quick FLR(M) question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 07:45:46 PM »
Welcome :).

My situation: I've been in UK since June 2015 (was on a work visa) but transferred to the spouse visa on October 02 2018 (issue date). My current visa expires April 02 2021. Just to confirm, this means I can apply as early as March 5 2021 (28 days from expiry date). Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct :).

My main questions revolves around the supporting documents. I understand that these will need to be uploaded via UKVCAS website and my appointment will likely be 3-4 weeks after my application is submitted. Do I need my employment letter/payslips etc to be dated within 28 days ahead of submitting the application? (ie up to 28 days before submitting application online but not after submitting the application and not connected to the UKVCAS appointment date) Hope that makes sense.

It makes sense. The financial documents only have to be dated within 28 days of submitting the online application... because that is your official application date. Once you apply online, the clock stops for the documents and it doesn't matter when you attend biometrics after that.

Regarding the letter from employer, will it make a difference if my employer sends me a scanned signed letter or should I request the original version and scan it myself?

Ideally you should have the actual letter yourself, so that you're in possession of an original copy just in case. However, if it's not possible for them to mail it to you, the scanned, signed letter will likely be okay.

UKVCAS can only be booked after submitting the application?

That's correct.

Once you have submitted the online application, you will be sent an email with a registration code for the UKVCAS website. You register on the site, book a biometrics appointment and then upload your documents before you attend the appointment.

I saw something about a UKVCAS IDV app. Is this an option to do or will they appoint these as suitable?

The IDV app is not an option anymore - you have to attend biometrics in person now.

The app was introduced as an interim option instead of attending biometrics last summer when they had massive backlogs and the UKVCAS centres were only just starting to open up. Once normal services resumed at the UKVCAS centres in September 2020, they retired the app for the majority of applications... and now only those applying for Tier 4 student visas are allowed to use it.

One random question, but I see the processing times are quite long at the moment. Is it possible to change employment while waiting for visa to be processed (after current BRP expires) or will new employer require a new BRP?

If you are using your income to meet the financial requirement, you cannot change jobs until your FLR(M) has been processed and you have received your new BRP. This is because if you leave your current employer, you will no longer meet the financial requirement... and if UKVI realise this, your visa can be refused because you no longer qualify for it.

If you are not using your income to meet the requirements (i.e. your spouse's income is being used instead), then you can change jobs, however, a new employer will most likely require a valid passport and BRP card to make sure you are legally allowed to work in the UK. Now, while you can continue working while your visa is processing, chances are, the new employer will want to see that you have permission to live and work in the UK for the next 2.5 years.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 10:13:22 PM »
Thank you so much for the help! Really appreciate it!!

regarding the employment, I guess it doesn't affect your answer if I have a 3 month notice period? ie, still would be a gamble to hand in my notice in the event that my visa processing time is delayed for some reason...

Thanks again!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 10:18:36 PM »
Thank you so much for the help! Really appreciate it!!

regarding the employment, I guess it doesn't affect your answer if I have a 3 month notice period? ie, still would be a gamble to hand in my notice in the event that my visa processing time is delayed for some reason...

Thanks again!

No, you shouldn't do anything regarding your job until the visa has been issued... because when you apply you are showing that:
a) you have been earning the required amount for the last 6 or 12 months (depending on Cat A or Cat B)
AND
b) you will remain in that job, earning at least £18,600, for the foreseeable future.

So, if you were to give in your notice, and UKVI found out you were leaving the job, then they could still refuse the visa because you are saying that will no longer be employed by that company and earning that income once the notice period is up.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 10:50:21 PM »
Thanks so much!

Sorry, last questions related to this stuff.

I'm drafting a letter for employer to provide. Just to confirm the below is what I need? As well, in October I received money from stock options as part of the company refinancing that were added to my payslip, so my salary from that month is significantly higher than my normal monthly salary and my pay slip was issued on a different day that month. Should I highlight this in the letter? I'm planning to include 7 months pay slips and 7 months bank statements. So if I apply by March 13, this would be: August, September, October, November, December, January, February (payed on last day of month). Does that seem correct?

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to confirm that XXXX is an employee of XXXX with effect since XXXX. Please see below a summary of their employment status.

Employee Name: XXXX
Job title/position: XXXX
Length of employment at company: X years and X months
Type of contract: permanent
Salary before tax and National Insurance: £XX,XXX
Has been paid current salary since: XXX

I can confirm that the following payslips provided are genuine:
Pay Date/Pay period/Gross payslip amount/Date deposited into bank account
X
X
X
X