Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Next after Spouse Visa  (Read 1898 times)

• Liked: 11
Next after Spouse Visa
« on: March 02, 2021, 07:39:29 AM »
Hi All

What comes after Spouse Visa and when? Has the application process changed a lot in the last year?

We have the 2.5 year (thanks to all the help from those here)

Few questions.

1) When do we apply for the next Visa
2) We sold our house to rent - what happens if we are between rentals - ie, we rent now for 12 months. Visa up on 12 months and 2 days. New rental starts on Day 3. Assume that is a problem?

Thanks so much

• Liked: 3597
Re: Next after Spouse Visa
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 07:54:46 AM »
Welcome back :).

The next visa is called FLR(M)  (Further Leave to Remain based on Marriage to a UK citizen), which is an in-country extension visa.

The application process for FLR(M) is completely different to the application process for a spousal visa.

The process is:
-  Apply online
-  Book a biometrics appointment at a UKVCAS centre, via the UKVCAS website
-  Upload all your documents to the UKVCAS website before you attend biometrics (or you can pay extra when you book biometrics for the document scanning service and they will scan and upload the documents for you at the appointment)
- Attend biometrics
- Wait for the visa to be processed and new BRP to be mailed to you

You don't send anything anywhere, so you can keep your passport and BRP while the visa is processing.

1) When do we apply for the next Visa

What date did you arrive in the UK on your spousal visa?

You can apply up to 28 days before you reach 30 months in the UK... so it all depends on exactly when you arrived.

From your previous posts, it looks like you got your visa in early September 2019?

So, assuming you arrived in the UK in September 2019, you should reach 30 months sometime in March 2022. Therefore you will be able to apply from around Feb 2022.

2) We sold our house to rent - what happens if we are between rentals - ie, we rent now for 12 months. Visa up on 12 months and 2 days. New rental starts on Day 3. Assume that is a problem?

Are you talking about meeting the accommodation requirement?

If so, it shouldn't matter. As long as you have a valid tenancy agreement on the day you apply for the visa it should be fine.

- If you still have a few months left on the current tenancy, you include that.
- If you have a new tenancy agreement in place by the time you apply, then you include that as well.
- If a new tenancy agreement is signed between applying online and attending biometrics (which could be a gap of a few weeks as quick appointments are not easy to get at the moment), then I would include it anyway
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:03:45 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 08:21:03 AM »
Welcome back :).

The next visa is called FLR(M)  (Further Leave to Remain based on Marriage to a UK citizen), which is an in-country extension visa.

The application process for FLR(M) is completely different to the application process for a spousal visa.

The process is:
-  Apply online
-  Book a biometrics appointment at a UKVCAS centre, via the UKVCAS website
-  Upload all your documents to the UKVCAS website before you attend biometrics (or you can pay extra when you book biometrics for the document scanning service and they will scan and upload the documents for you at the appointment)
- Attend biometrics
- Wait for the visa to be processed and new BRP to be mailed to you

You don't send anything anywhere, so you can keep your passport and BRP while the visa is processing.

What date did you arrive in the UK on your spousal visa?

You can apply up to 28 days before you reach 30 months in the UK... so it all depends on exactly when you arrived.

From your previous posts, it looks like you got your visa in early September 2019?

So, assuming you arrived in the UK in September 2019, you should reach 30 months sometime in March 2021. Therefore you should already be eligible to apply (or very close to it), and can submit your online application at any time before your visa expires.

Are you talking about meeting the accommodation requirement?

If so, it shouldn't matter. As long as you have a valid tenancy agreement on the day you apply for the visa it should be fine.

- If you still have a few months left on the current tenancy, you include that.
- If you have a new tenancy agreement in place by the time you apply, then you include that as well.
- If a new tenancy agreement is signed between applying online and attending biometrics (which could be a gap of a few weeks as quick appointments are not easy to get at the moment), then I would include it anyway

You are truely wonderful. Thank you.
Arrival was Sept 19 so it will be around March ‘22. The reason for the post was I am very much a worrier / over organized so wanted to see what the process was for the next step and given we changed to renting if that would be a problem.

And yes, was talking about accomodation requirement.

Can you travel during the FLR application?

thank you SO much!

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 09:02:49 AM »
You are truely wonderful. Thank you.
Arrival was Sept 19 so it will be around March ‘22. The reason for the post was I am very much a worrier / over organized so wanted to see what the process was for the next step and given we changed to renting if that would be a problem.

Ah, yes, sorry - getting my years/calculations mixed up. I'll edit my post above for the correct dates.

Can you travel during the FLR application?

No, you shouldn't travel, as leaving the UK while you have an application pending may invalidate the application.

Also, if your BRP expires before the visa has been issued, your immigration status and right to work in the UK will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave until it has been processed. However, Section 3C Leave is only valid while you remain INSIDE the UK. If you were to leave, you would lose all right to live in the UK, you would not be allowed back in again (as you wouldn't have a valid visa anymore), which would also likely invalidate your application... meaning you would have to return to the US to apply for a new spousal visa, and start the 5 years to ILR all over again.

Normal FLR(M) processing times are 8 weeks (though they've been longer lately because of Covid delays), but there is also usually a 24-hour Super Priority Service you can purchase for £800 for a decision within 24 hours of biometrics (then it takes up to 10 working days for your BRP to be delivered).

The Super Priority Service has been suspended due to Covid and hasn't been available to purchase since March 2020. However, if you won't be applying until 2022, it may be available again by then.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 12:46:00 PM »
Thank you!! Wow.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 06:18:41 AM »
Hi All

Does anyone know if you still have to get ‘original statements’ and ‘stamps’ etc.

For my proof of savings which I intend to use this time, it is an online bank account which doesn’t send savings.

Thanks

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 07:00:03 AM »
Hi All

Does anyone know if you still have to get ‘original statements’ and ‘stamps’ etc.

For my proof of savings which I intend to use this time, it is an online bank account which doesn’t send savings.

Thanks
You need either:

- official statements that have arrived in the mail
Or
- statements printed in-branch by the bank
Or
- printed online statements that have been either stamped by the bank branch on every page or are accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 06:46:42 PM »
Hi.
Back again.

Not far from getting started ... question: when we are showing the proof of co-habitation, is there a list of what is acceptable? can it just be print outs of say, a water bill? or do they follow strict rule of bank statements, etc?

Thanks

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 06:50:51 PM »
Not far from getting started ... question: when we are showing the proof of co-habitation, is there a list of what is acceptable? can it just be print outs of say, a water bill? or do they follow strict rule of bank statements, etc?

All cohabitation documents must be original and official, and received in the mail in the months they were issued. You cannot use anything issued online.

The old paper version of the application form stated the following as examples of acceptable documents:

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 07:06:43 PM »
All cohabitation documents must be original and official, and received in the mail in the months they were issued. You cannot use anything issued online.

The old paper version of the application form stated the following as examples of acceptable documents:

Thanks so much. DO you have a link to where the official checklist of what is required is?

Also, do you know whether you can use the same thing to cover it or it has to be a variety of sources? ie a bank statement only, which came every 3 months?

Also, we are due to have  a baby in April, and apply in February/March. Is that relevant?

THANKS SO MUCH

James

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 07:23:51 PM »
Thanks so much. DO you have a link to where the official checklist of what is required is?

Also, do you know whether you can use the same thing to cover it or it has to be a variety of sources? ie a bank statement only, which came every 3 months?

It will tell you in the online application. I don’t have access to my laptop at the moment, but I can copy the requirements from the old paper form later.

For the cohabitation, you need:
- 6 items of mail in each name (either jointly addressed or separately)
- from at least 3 official sources (as listed above)
- spread evenly over the last 2 years… so 1 item of mail dated every 4 months.

So, if you apply in Feb/March 2022, you will need mail from each of the following months:
February 2020
June 2020
October 2020
February 2021
June 2021
October 2021
February 2022

Also, we are due to have  a baby in April, and apply in February/March. Is that relevant?

Congratulations:).

No, if you apply before the baby is born, it won’t be relevant to the application.

However, if the baby is born before the application is made, you will need to include the baby’s details on the application form, and include their birth certificate and ideally a letter confirming the baby’s address (I.e. from the hospital… if you can get one).

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 07:31:20 PM »
It will tell you in the online application. I don’t have access to my laptop at the moment, but I can copy the requirements from the old paper form later.

For the cohabitation, you need:
- 6 items of mail in each name (either jointly addressed or separately)
- from at least 3 official sources (as listed above)
- spread evenly over the last 2 years… so 1 item of mail dated every 4 months.

So, if you apply in Feb/March 2022, you will need mail from each of the following months:
February 2020
June 2020
October 2020
February 2021
June 2021
October 2021
February 2022

Congratulations:).

No, if you apply before the baby is born, it won’t be relevant to the application.

However, if the baby is born before the application is made, you will need to include the baby’s details on the application form, and include their birth certificate and ideally a letter confirming the baby’s address (I.e. from the hospital… if you can get one).

My wife and I sit and say how grateful we are for you, at least quarterly.

Final question for now (Sorry).

When we moved into our rental, it started Feb 2021 and ended Feb 2022 as per below:

Term: 12 months from and including 23 February 2021 to 22 February 2022.

We recently agreed with our landlord we would continue under the same terms. do I show correspondance + the tenancy agreement from the above in the application, or must I ask for a new tenancy agreement?

Thanks so much

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 07:48:43 PM »
My wife and I sit and say how grateful we are for you, at least quarterly.

Final question for now (Sorry).

When we moved into our rental, it started Feb 2021 and ended Feb 2022 as per below:

Term: 12 months from and including 23 February 2021 to 22 February 2022.

We recently agreed with our landlord we would continue under the same terms. do I show correspondance + the tenancy agreement from the above in the application, or must I ask for a new tenancy agreement?

Thanks so much
It depends on the wording of the tenancy agreement.

If it states anywhere in it that the tenancy will go to a rolling monthly tenancy at the end of the 12 months, then you just need the original tenancy agreement.

If it does not, and you did not sign a new tenancy agreement with them, you will also need a letter from the landlord confirming the tenancy particulars and stating that it has been agreed it will continue for however long you agreed on.

Having said that, it may be worth looking into getting a new tenancy agreement drawn up and signed anyway, more for your own peace of mind in regards to having something official in writing.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 07:53:02 PM »
Okay, I'm back on my laptop now.

Here is the wording from the old paper FLR(M) form regarding the cohabitation requirement:

Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.

Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names.

Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals.

Photocopies are not acceptable.

The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.

For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted.

If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.

If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 09:33:40 PM »
Thank you ksand24.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

this is the correct link? it asks to register an email address, ie, no login from the previous spouse application?

Sponsored Links