Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Next after Spouse Visa  (Read 1885 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Next after Spouse Visa
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 09:46:12 PM »
Thank you ksand24.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

this is the correct link? it asks to register an email address, ie, no login from the previous spouse application?

Yes, that is the correct link, though it ​goes to 'page not found' for me, so I'll just pop in the link to the page before it:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/family-routes?_ga=2.49315873.628470971.1644334267-1350878940.1615620441&_gac=1.49241172.1640782417.Cj0KCQiAq7COBhC2ARIsANsPATGkDBAJQtYOCPMtMZ0hphRQ8_ubA_1tV-JaaHaUm6kFlgiSuADtjfsaAviMEALw_wcB

The application process inside the UK is completely separate to the process outside the UK - different website, different commercial partner, different department processing your visa... so your old login from the last visa is completely irrelevant now.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 11:48:24 AM »
Hi KSAND

For savings proof
i bank with Marcus.(online bank)
They tell me they only do annual statements but they can write a formal visa application letter accompanying from their operations team a
That will accompany the last 7 months of transactions on headed paper (showing the savings bal for 7 months)

Is that a no go? If so, I can do earnings, just more hassle.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 12:16:15 PM »
Hi KSAND

For savings proof
i bank with Marcus.(online bank)
They tell me they only do annual statements but they can write a formal visa application letter accompanying from their operations team a
That will accompany the last 7 months of transactions on headed paper (showing the savings bal for 7 months)

Is that a no go? If so, I can do earnings, just more hassle.

That should be fine for the savings requirement.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 12:45:28 PM »
Thanks so much everyone.

If I apply Feb, but don’t have a Feb ‘20, can i do March 20, then something 3 months later then do every 4 months?

Also, when uploading say, a util bill, if I don’t have the original paper one, can I upload the PDF from my account on the co website, eg affinittywater?

Thx so much so so much

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 12:52:02 PM »
Thanks so much everyone.

If I apply Feb, but don’t have a Feb ‘20, can i do March 20, then something 3 months later then do every 4 months?

Yes, that's fine.

Also, when uploading say, a util bill, if I don’t have the original paper one, can I upload the PDF from my account on the co website, eg affinittywater?

The whole point of the correspondence evidence is that the items of mail have arrived to you through the physical post, so unfortunately that wouldn't work. If you had absolutely no other option I would do it but it would be a last resort.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 08:55:04 PM »
Yes, that's fine.

The whole point of the correspondence evidence is that the items of mail have arrived to you through the physical post, so unfortunately that wouldn't work. If you had absolutely no other option I would do it but it would be a last resort.

Thank you. For letters I have in joint names in different sources (water bill, council tax).

MARCH ‘20
AUG ‘20
FEB ‘21
SEPTEMBER ‘21 
DECEMBER ‘21
FEB ‘22

Question Should I supplement ‘20 with separate sources to same address in November ‘20, and also June ‘21?, and include all the above too?

The alternative is PDF’s downloaded addressed to both with dates.

Also, is two different councils (ie, council x and council y considered a different source?

Thank you so much!

Next after Spouse Visa
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2022, 09:24:50 PM »

Thank you. For letters I have in joint names in different sources (water bill, council tax).

MARCH ‘20
AUG ‘20
FEB ‘21
SEPTEMBER ‘21 
DECEMBER ‘21
FEB ‘22

If you are starting in March 2020, you really need mail from:
March 2020
July 2020
November 2020
March 2021
July 2021
November 2021
March 2022

Question Should I supplement ‘20 with separate sources to same address in November ‘20, and also June ‘21?, and include all the above too?

You wouldn’t include those AND all of the above, instead, you would need to work out which ones out of the entire list you can actually use based on how evenly-spaced you can make them.

It’s not ideal but I suppose you might be able to get away with using the following mail:
March 2020
(5 months)
August 2020
(3 months)
November 2020
(3 months)
February 2021
(4 months)
June 2021
(3 months)
September 2021
(5 months)
February 2022

But you will also need to include a letter of explanation for why you cannot provide evenly-spaced documents with a 4-month gap between each one.

The alternative is PDF’s downloaded addressed to both with dates.

Have you not received ANY other mail at all through your letterbox in the last 2 years, either jointly or individually addressed?

What about:
- tenancy agreements
- mortgage statements
- electricity bills
- gas bills
- phone bills
- TV/broadband bills
- bank statements
- credit card bills
- store card bills
- TV licence paperwork
- letters from the NHS
- letters from HMRC/DVLA/DWP

We always advise that you turn OFF paperless billing for everything as soon as you arrive in the UK so that you have plenty of mail to choose from, ideally from every  month, when it comes to applying for FLR(M) and ILR later on.

Also, is two different councils (ie, council x and council y considered a different source?

No, they are considered only one source: a council

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2022, 09:32:12 PM »
Thank you ksand and sorry I am making this difficult.

I turned paperless off for water, council thinking that’d suffice.  Issue is that they come on the same months.

We have some HMRC, bank and DVLA stuff individually, so I will work through that. Will come back as I get to the best point I can for every 4 months.

Thanks re two councils not working.

Thank you thank you

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2022, 09:40:02 PM »
I turned paperless off for water, council thinking that’d suffice.  Issue is that they come on the same months.

It’s a good idea to turn off paperless for everything you can now, so that you can start saving mail ready for ILR in 2.5 years.

Bank statements are really good to use as they usually come every month so you can just use them to fill in gaps from any month you need them for.

We have some HMRC, bank and DVLA stuff individually, so I will work through that. Will come back as I get to the best point I can for every 4 months.

That’s good - fingers crossed you can find some that will work :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 10:09:44 PM »
Hi

Just found a March 21 joint bill, however itS addressed to both of us at my parents address (when we closed waterbill out I redirected there).

It says to Mr X and Mrs Y …
Different address

For supply to… our old home.

Does that work? Or needs to be our actual home

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2022, 10:33:09 PM »
All you need to show is that you were both living at the same address at the same time as each other. So, if the bill is addressed to both of you at the parents' address, showing a bill for both of you living at your address, then it'll be fine.

You can always add a note in your explanation letter to say that you redirected it to your parents' house when you closed the account.

What you can't do though is the following:
March 2021
- Sponsor's item = parents' address
- Applicant's item = your address
Because that implies that you were living at different addresses to each other and not living together, which would have been breaching the rules of the visa, and if that was in fact the case, you might not qualify for FLR(M).

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2022, 10:34:15 AM »
All you need to show is that you were both living at the same address at the same time as each other. So, if the bill is addressed to both of you at the parents' address, showing a bill for both of you living at your address, then it'll be fine.

You can always add a note in your explanation letter to say that you redirected it to your parents' house when you closed the account.

What you can't do though is the following:
March 2021
- Sponsor's item = parents' address
- Applicant's item = your address
Because that implies that you were living at different addresses to each other and not living together, which would have been breaching the rules of the visa, and if that was in fact the case, you might not qualify for FLR(M).

1) HSBC have sent statements to me, on official paper, via the mail, but they are stamped 'DUPLICATE'
Is this going to suffice?

2) Our heating provider 'minibems', who are usually just online statements, have sent me paper statements for the yast lear, addressed to us both. they have the company logo, bill period, date of bill, address, how to pay them etc on the piece of paper, but it doesn't look as official as say a British Gas bill. Is this likely t be acceptable?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 10:40:31 AM by cjjccnj »

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2022, 10:40:08 AM »
HSBC have sent statements to me, on official paper, via the mail, but they are stamped 'DUPLICATE'
Is this going to suffice?

Thanks

As long as they were received in the mail, they will be considered official.

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2022, 10:40:52 AM »
As long as they were received in the mail, they will be considered official.

Edited after you replied.
Thanks Ksand.

2) Our heating provider 'minibems', who are usually just online statements, have sent me paper statements for the yast lear, addressed to us both. they have the company logo, bill period, date of bill, address, how to pay them etc on the piece of paper, but it doesn't look as official as say a British Gas bill. Is this likely t be acceptable?

3) How do I account for name change for the applicant? I enclose evidence of the name change, and perhaps write in a letter that on x date, name changed from y to z? a copy of all passports since entering (including the new one), as obviously bills are in the old name.

4) I have a 'COUNCIL TAX REMINDER' addressed to us in a month I need evidence, however it says I'm late on a payment. Is that going to cause an issue for the applicant (I was late as we were on holiday!)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 11:08:44 AM by cjjccnj »

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2022, 11:07:08 AM »

You can only use them for the month you ACTUALLY received them in the post... so if they sent them to you in February 2022, they will only count for mail from February 2022.

The entire point of providing the mail is to prove you were both physically in the house on the date they were delivered to your address. It's not about how official they look, it's about the date you received the physical documents.

So, online statements or back-dated statements are not counted for previous months because there's no guarantee you were actually living in the house at the time those statements were originally created (i.e. you might have been using a different address for online statements than where you were actually living at the time).

3) How do I account for name change for the applicant? I enclose evidence of the name change, and perhaps write in a letter that on x date, name changed from y to z? a copy of all passports since entering (including the new one), as obviously bills are in the old name.

You provide your marriage certificate which shows the old and new names.

There's nothing to explain and no extra documents are needed because it's normal for there to be different names on cohabitation documents. Some people change their name on their statements and bills, but keep their passport and visa in their maiden name, so UKVI are used to seeing both old and new names on the documents provided.

Sponsored Links