Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Next after Spouse Visa  (Read 1879 times)

• Liked: 11
Re: Next after Spouse Visa
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2022, 11:09:23 AM »
You can only use them for the month you ACTUALLY received them in the post... so if they sent them to you in February 2022, they will only count for mail from February 2022.

The entire point of providing the mail is to prove you were both physically in the house on the date they were delivered to your address. It's not about how official they look, it's about the date you received the physical documents.

So, online statements or back-dated statements are not counted for previous months because there's no guarantee you were actually living in the house at the time those statements were originally created (i.e. you might have been using a different address for online statements than where you were actually living at the time).

You provide your marriage certificate which shows the old and new names.

There's nothing to explain and no extra documents are needed because it's normal for there to be different names on cohabitation documents. Some people change their name on their statements and bills, but keep their passport and visa in their maiden name, so UKVI are used to seeing both old and new names on the documents provided.

Thanks

4) I have a 'COUNCIL TAX REMINDER' addressed to us in a month I need evidence, however it says I'm late on a payment. Is that going to cause an issue for the applicant (I was late as we were on holiday!)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2022, 11:13:06 AM »
4) I have a 'COUNCIL TAX REMINDER' addressed to us in a month I need evidence, however it says I'm late on a payment. Is that going to cause an issue for the applicant (I was late as we were on holiday!)

Shouldn't be an issue. It's about the date, name(s) and address listed on the document, rather the actual document content.

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2022, 11:44:39 AM »
Shouldn't be an issue. It's about the date, name(s) and address listed on the document, rather the actual document content.

Thank you.

I promise this is my final question on this topic... :)

Will this work

March 2020: Council Tax Addressed to both
July 2020: Nothing, so using August 2020, to both (Water Bill).
November 2020: This is a month I have nothing to both. I do have an APPLICANT HMRC REMINDER dated Nov 2020. For sponsor, I have a letter from a surgeon on headed paper (am I allowed to remove the personal content in the subject of the letter)?.
March 2021: Water Bill, to both, at parents address citing it is for previous address.
July 2021: Applicant Bank Statement, Sponsor Bank Statement
November 2021: COUNCIL TAX DOCUMENT (REMINDER), to both
March 2022: Applicant Bank Statement, Sponsor Bank Statement

So essentially the sources of info are (to both - council statement, water statement) separate - for applicant HMRC, sponsor, doctor note and then applicant bank statement, sponsor bank statement?

Thanks
Thank you SO MUCH

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2022, 11:57:42 AM »
Will this work

March 2020: Council Tax Addressed to both
July 2020: Nothing, so using August 2020, to both (Water Bill).
November 2020: This is a month I have nothing to both. I do have an APPLICANT HMRC REMINDER dated Nov 2020. For sponsor, I have a letter from a surgeon on headed paper (am I allowed to remove the personal content in the subject of the letter)?.
March 2021: Water Bill, to both, at parents address citing it is for previous address.
July 2021: Applicant Bank Statement, Sponsor Bank Statement
November 2021: COUNCIL TAX DOCUMENT (REMINDER), to both
March 2022: Applicant Bank Statement, Sponsor Bank Statement

Looks good - you'll just need to include a written explanation for the August 2020 document being used instead of July 2020.

For sponsor, I have a letter from a surgeon on headed paper (am I allowed to remove the personal content in the subject of the letter)?.

No, you should not remove or black out anything at all on any document - that would be considered tampering with an official document and could cause problems for the visa.

So essentially the sources of info are (to both - council statement, water statement) separate - for applicant HMRC, sponsor, doctor note and then applicant bank statement, sponsor bank statement?

All good. You need at least 3 sources and you have 5 sources :).

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2022, 12:17:23 PM »
Looks good - you'll just need to include a written explanation for the August 2020 document being used instead of July 2020.

No, you should not remove or black out anything at all on any document - that would be considered tampering with an official document and could cause problems for the visa.

All good. You need at least 3 sources and you have 5 sources :).

Thanks. On the 'not remove anything', I don't want to submit what I have, so I will submit November-  Applicant, December 6, bank statement for sponsor, with a cover letter explaining that, and the Aug 2020 vs July 2020 Unless this is a clear no go?

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2022, 12:23:25 PM »
Thanks. On the 'not remove anything', I don't want to submit what I have, so I will submit November-  Applicant, December 6, bank statement for sponsor, with a cover letter explaining that, and the Aug 2020 vs July 2020 Unless this is a clear no go?

You can if you prefer, though it's not ideal to include a document that doesn't meet the requirement and then have to explain it, when you already have one you could use that does meet it.

They aren't going to care what the subject of the letter is though... they're just going to check the source, date, name and address, tick a box, and move on to the next document.

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2022, 05:50:23 PM »
You can if you prefer, though it's not ideal to include a document that doesn't meet the requirement and then have to explain it, when you already have one you could use that does meet it.

They aren't going to care what the subject of the letter is though... they're just going to check the source, date, name and address, tick a box, and move on to the next document.

Thanks for this.

What UK visa, entry clearance or grant of leave do you have?

LEAVE TO ENTER - SPOUSE VISA?

and then for: What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
(Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

Family or Settlement?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 05:53:50 PM by cjjccnj »

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2022, 05:58:34 PM »
Thanks for this.

What UK visa, entry clearance or grant of leave do you have?

LEAVE TO ENTER - SPOUSE VISA?

Yeah, I think so... either Spousal Visa or 'Settlement visa as the spouse of a UK citizen'

and then for: What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
(Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

Family or Settlement?

I believe most people put Family.

It's a bit of an odd question though, because a Family visa IS a Settlement visa, so technically both are correct.

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2022, 06:28:46 PM »
Hi KSAND

For savings proof
i bank with Marcus.(online bank)
They tell me they only do annual statements but they can write a formal visa application letter accompanying from their operations team a
That will accompany the last 7 months of transactions on headed paper (showing the savings bal for 7 months)

Is that a no go? If so, I can do earnings, just more hassle.

Guys, just following up on this. For the savings requirement, I have a letter (on letter headed paper) from the bank that says.

'Thank you for getting in touch to let us know you need proof of savings for the Home Office UK Visas and Immigration Office, this letter provides confirmation of the info they require'.
It then lists name, address account info, followed by another document that says 'please find all transactions completed by the customer including deposits and interest payments'.

I have only ever deposited and left in this account, so it isn't a full '7 months of bank statements', it just shows the savings amount in the account for >7 months.

Will this suffice?

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2022, 06:32:44 PM »
As long as the transaction list covers more than the required 6-month period, it will suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2022, 06:59:50 PM »
As long as the transaction list covers more than the required 6-month period, it will suffice.

Thanks. HSBC sent full bank statements out for the accomodation requirement.
However, it these are 'DUPLICATES' that contain our address and then it has '3 July to 2 Aug 2021' for the statement it covers and all the transaction in this month. Will this cover July evidence?

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2022, 07:14:04 PM »

Thanks. HSBC sent full bank statements out for the accomodation requirement.
However, it these are 'DUPLICATES' that contain our address and then it has '3 July to 2 Aug 2021' for the statement it covers and all the transaction in this month. Will this cover July evidence?
You can only use documents that were received in the post in the actual months they are dated… so you cannot use backdated statements that were ordered and mailed in later months.

Also, it’s only the latest date on the document that can count for the cohabitation evidence because you have to proved that you received the mail in person in that month.

So, if the statement with an end date of August 2nd 2021 was actually received by you in August 2021 , then it can be used for cohabitation evidence for August 2021. But it cannot be used for July because it was issued and mailed in August.

If however, you ordered a duplicate statement a few months, that statement can only count for the month you actually received it in the mail… for example, if it was sent out in February 2022, it cannot be used for August 2021 because you didn’t receive it until Feb 2022.

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2022, 07:57:31 PM »
You can only use documents that were received in the post in the actual months they are dated… so you cannot use backdated statements that were ordered and mailed in later months.

Also, it’s only the latest date on the document that can count for the cohabitation evidence because you have to proved that you received the mail in person in that month.

So, if the statement with an end date of August 2nd 2021 was actually received by you in August 2021 , then it can be used for cohabitation evidence for August 2021. But it cannot be used for July because it was issued and mailed in August.

If however, you ordered a duplicate statement a few months, that statement can only count for the month you actually received it in the mail… for example, if it was sent out in February 2022, it cannot be used for August 2021 because you didn’t receive it until Feb 2022.

Thank you

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

I'm not sure if this is a yes or no, given I have applied as a Family for the initial visa?

and...
Oh god.. I am panicing.
I have this:

March 2020 – Council Tax Bill – BOTH. GOOD
July 2020 – I only have August 2020 for both, which I will explain.
November 2020 – I have November for one of us, and December for another separate. I will explain.
March 2021 – Affinity Water Bill - both.
July 2021 – I have nothing except for September 2021 (council to both)... oh gosh
November 2021 – Council letter to both (I have one for Dec if this makes the above)
March 2022 –I will have for both, separated (bank statements for each).

I am worried now. July '20 I only have Aug, for November I only have Nov/Dec, and for July '21 I have nothing until Sept 21 (but I can get Dec 21). Any suggestions? I cannot believe how badly I have screwed this.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 08:04:30 PM by cjjccnj »

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2022, 10:06:33 PM »
Thank you

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

I'm not sure if this is a yes or no, given I have applied as a Family for the initial visa?

This is a No.

Your first partner application was the spousal visa and now this is your second partner application.

and...
Oh god.. I am panicing.
I have this:

March 2020 – Council Tax Bill – BOTH. GOOD
July 2020 – I only have August 2020 for both, which I will explain.
November 2020 – I have November for one of us, and December for another separate. I will explain.
March 2021 – Affinity Water Bill - both.
July 2021 – I have nothing except for September 2021 (council to both)... oh gosh
November 2021 – Council letter to both (I have one for Dec if this makes the above)
March 2022 –I will have for both, separated (bank statements for each).

I am worried now. July '20 I only have Aug, for November I only have Nov/Dec, and for July '21 I have nothing until Sept 21 (but I can get Dec 21). Any suggestions? I cannot believe how badly I have screwed this.

There’s nothing to be worried about and you haven’t screwed anything up.

Just include the following months:
March 2020
August 2020
November/December 2020
March 2021
September 2021
December 2021
March 2022

And write a letter explaining the reason why you aren’t able to provide evenly-spaced documents.

As long as there is an explanation given, it won’t affect the visa decision.

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2022, 03:03:43 PM »
This is a No.

Your first partner application was the spousal visa and now this is your second partner application.

There’s nothing to be worried about and you haven’t screwed anything up.

Just include the following months:
March 2020
August 2020
November/December 2020
March 2021
September 2021
December 2021
March 2022

And write a letter explaining the reason why you aren’t able to provide evenly-spaced documents.

As long as there is an explanation given, it won’t affect the visa decision.

Thanks, got myself into a real panic yday.
Just answering some of the q's on the app:

Where have you lived together?

It only gives an option for one postcode, but we have lived in two places... Should I just do current?

Thank you

Sponsored Links