Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Which visa would I apply for?  (Read 269 times)

• Liked: 0
Which visa would I apply for?
« on: March 02, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »
Hello!

We have received some promising news recently about getting married by mid-may and so I wanted to get a jump start on having documents prepared for the next visa. But reading the forums I'm getting confused about which visa I would be applying for. Would it be the FLR(M) or ILR?

Also, I wanted to know if there is a website I could go to to find what necessary documents are needed when applying for the next visa.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Which visa would I apply for?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 06:55:22 PM »
FLR(M)

And I may be biased but I think we are the best website.  ;D

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:59:48 PM »
We have received some promising news recently about getting married by mid-may

That's good news :). Fingers crossed.

and so I wanted to get a jump start on having documents prepared for the next visa. But reading the forums I'm getting confused about which visa I would be applying for. Would it be the FLR(M) or ILR?

You need to apply for FLR(M), which is valid for 2.5. years.

You have to spend 5 years living in the UK on two FLR(M) visas before you can qualify for ILR (permanent residence).

Then once you hold ILR, you can apply for UK citizenship if you so wish.

Also, I wanted to know if there is a website I could go to to find what necessary documents are needed when applying for the next visa.

It's basically the same requirements as for the fiance visa, except instead of providing evidence of plans to marry, you provide your marriage certificate, plus evidence of living together since you arrived in the UK (i.e. utility bills, bank statements, NHS letters, tenancy agreements etc. in each of your names).

Try here for general visa requirements (though it's very vague and doesn't give document specifics): https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

And see Appendix FM 1.7 for financial requirements and documents required:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/957305/appendix-fm-1-7-financial-requirement-v6.0-ext.pdf

Plus Appendix FM-SE details the format that the financial evidence must be in:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Your best best though, is to detail your application situation here and we can help you work out the documents you need.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 07:16:34 PM »

"It's basically the same requirements as for the fiance visa, except instead of providing evidence of plans to marry, you provide your marriage certificate, plus evidence of living together since you arrived in the UK (i.e. utility bills, bank statements, NHS letters, tenancy agreements etc. in each of your names)."

We are currently getting my name on a utility bill and we have our name on a tenacy agreement.

How would we go about getting my name on bank statements and NHS letters?

"Your best best though, is to detail your application situation here and we can help you work out the documents you need."

I wanted to get as much gathered before hand and then coming for you guys help, also didn't want to be to much of a pain. :)

Sponsored Links