Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Perfect Timing- Hello!  (Read 6443 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Perfect Timing- Hello!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2021, 01:36:17 PM »
For me, it's Huy Fong Sriracha.  When sriracha first hit the UK,  we could get Huy Fong, but it's the more expensive brand, and it was hitting a new market, and people were all like, "I'll just get the cheap one... what's the difference?" beceause they don't know what it's supposed to taste like, so the shops stopped getting the good one.  Now we have to get it from the US.  Unless Costco has it...?  Anybody know?  Does Costco have Huy Fong sriracha?

Oh, and this sauce that my MIL picked up from TK Maxx (or is it TJ Maxx here?  I can never remember which one is the UK version) randomly and gave to us for Christmas three years ago.  We (mostly me!) fell in love instantly.  It's so hard to find in the US, and impossible here.  I located a supply of it and ordered about 5 bottles of it last year and had my sister ship it over.  But it's not really an "American" thing, so much as a boutique sauce thing.

But other than those two things, I just live with what the UK has to offer.  (Though I did just ask Jimbo to send me a couple of Butterfingers on another thread, but only because he feels compelled to buy them!)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2021, 02:15:44 PM »
For me, it's Huy Fong Sriracha.  When sriracha first hit the UK,  we could get Huy Fong, but it's the more expensive brand, and it was hitting a new market, and people were all like, "I'll just get the cheap one... what's the difference?" beceause they don't know what it's supposed to taste like, so the shops stopped getting the good one.  Now we have to get it from the US.  Unless Costco has it...?  Anybody know?  Does Costco have Huy Fong sriracha?

Oh, and this sauce that my MIL picked up from TK Maxx (or is it TJ Maxx here?  I can never remember which one is the UK version) randomly and gave to us for Christmas three years ago.  We (mostly me!) fell in love instantly.  It's so hard to find in the US, and impossible here.  I located a supply of it and ordered about 5 bottles of it last year and had my sister ship it over.  But it's not really an "American" thing, so much as a boutique sauce thing.

But other than those two things, I just live with what the UK has to offer.  (Though I did just ask Jimbo to send me a couple of Butterfingers on another thread, but only because he feels compelled to buy them!)

It’s on ebay

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2021, 10:58:01 PM »
The only thing on your list that I would struggle without is custard cremes!

I’m surprised you are struggling with bread.  Do you have a Publix or Whole Foods in your area?

Not a convenient location, no. Whole Foods is about 40 minutes' drive.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2021, 11:30:01 AM »
After being here so long, the only things that MUST be in the house is Ranch dressing, taco seasoning, and American peanut butter.  There’s loads that I miss but I live. 
  What's your Ranch dressing like?  Do you bring it over?  I seem to remember that Tesco has some various Ranch dressings but I've never liked any of them enough to buy a second time.  Even the Newman's own is nothing special. 

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2021, 11:46:39 AM »
  What's your Ranch dressing like?  Do you bring it over?  I seem to remember that Tesco has some various Ranch dressings but I've never liked any of them enough to buy a second time.  Even the Newman's own is nothing special. 

Just Hidden Valley.  Even the brand at Costco sucks.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2021, 04:54:29 PM »
Just Hidden Valley.  Even the brand at Costco sucks.
  Bought here?  imported from the states in powder form?

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2021, 05:55:54 PM »
  Bought here?  imported from the states in powder form?

I prefer the light one so usually bring it back when I visit. 

I can buy the full fat version easily enough for a price here!

Sponsored Links