Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa - Starting paperwork!  (Read 4656 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Fiance Visa - Starting paperwork!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »
Alright wonderful, thank you!

With our conversations though, the majority of them were on Facebook, with a few scattered on WhatsApp, even our facetime calls were through Facebook. Will that be a major issue?

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 07:01:43 PM »
With our conversations though, the majority of them were on Facebook, with a few scattered on WhatsApp, even our facetime calls were through Facebook. Will that be a major issue?

No, just include the calls/messages from whichever communication apps/programs you used :).

I'd probably put together a separate page (or couple of pages) for each communication type.

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2021, 05:34:51 PM »
Heya @ksand24

Thank you! Did a test save with the Facebook download, and cropped out the message, and the last name for this example here, but would this format be sufficient?

https://imgur.com/PyRRyMd

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 06:25:13 PM »
Heya @ksand24

Thank you! Did a test save with the Facebook download, and cropped out the message, and the last name for this example here, but would this format be sufficient?

https://imgur.com/PyRRyMd
Yeah, something like that would work, though you only need to include 1 message from each date... so you don’t need the whole conversation, you just need 1 of the messages and then you move to the next month.

So you might include:
Billy
June 30, 8.50pm

Billy
August 30th, 09:00pm

Billy
September 28th, 11:30am

Billy
October 31st, 07:00am
Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2021, 06:09:35 PM »
Alright, thank you! Going to reformat it then.

And a silly question, but is it fine to still include a chat log message during a time period when were with each other? As we were still talking via chat when she was at work, I was on a mini trip, etc, even though on the sponsor letter it'll be stated when I was over in the UK, and when she was in the US.

The reason I ask is that I essentially have 6 snippets per year, spread out every other month, and some of those months correlate during the time we were with each other too.

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2021, 06:25:33 PM »
Alright, thank you! Going to reformat it then.

And a silly question, but is it fine to still include a chat log message during a time period when were with each other? As we were still talking via chat when she was at work, I was on a mini trip, etc, even though on the sponsor letter it'll be stated when I was over in the UK, and when she was in the US.

The reason I ask is that I essentially have 6 snippets per year, spread out every other month, and some of those months correlate during the time we were with each other too.
You can if you want to :).

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2021, 11:09:06 AM »
Thanks!

And for her passport, I know it's just a copy of the bio page (she's the sponsor), but do I need to get a copy of the bio page on her old passport as well from when she was a kid? And notarize it?

While I'm on that topic, I know I'll be sending off my own passport, but is it worth getting every page copied/notarized as well to upload on the VFS website just incase?

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2021, 11:21:50 AM »
Thanks!

And for her passport, I know it's just a copy of the bio page (she's the sponsor), but do I need to get a copy of the bio page on her old passport as well from when she was a kid? And notarize it?

No, you only need the bio page of her current passport.

It does NOT need to be notarised - you just need to scan the page with her photo on it.

While I'm on that topic, I know I'll be sending off my own passport, but is it worth getting every page copied/notarized as well to upload on the VFS website just incase?

I would scan every page of your passport as well, so that they have an electronic copy of the whole thing.

You do not need to get it notarised - just scan each page of the passport itself and upload it as one PDF or jpeg file (or you may need to split it into two if the file size is too big).

Your actual passport will remain in New York, but the visa itself is processed in Sheffield, U.K... so all of your documents will be transmitted electronically to Sheffield once they have received your passport in New York.

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2021, 01:52:48 PM »
Fantastic, that cleared a string of questions I had in my head haha.

As for the sponsor letter, does it need to be handwritten? Or can she just type it up, then sign it at the bottom?

I know it's not needed, but would it be ideal to also write an application letter detailing more or less the relationship?

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »
As for the sponsor letter, does it need to be handwritten? Or can she just type it up, then sign it at the bottom?

It should be typed, then printed and signed..

I know it's not needed, but would it be ideal to also write an application letter detailing more or less the relationship?

No, because the description of your relationship goes in the sponsor letter instead.

The sponsor letter is mandatory and should detail how each of the visa requirements is being met:
Paragraph 1: how she qualifies to be a sponsor for your visa (her UK citizenship)
Paragraph 2: her current employment details and which financial category she meets
Paragraph 3: where you will live together in the UK, including full address and property details
Paragraph 4: a short factual history of your relationship... dates and locations only, no personal feelings. Just when and where you met, when you entered into a relationship, dates/number of visits to see each other, how you keep in touch while apart, when you got engaged, when and where you plan to marry, and why you are choosing to settle in the UK together.

The applicant can include a letter, but it should only be a contents letter regarding the documents in your application package:
- type of visa applied for and when you want it to start
- an explanation for anything unusual about the documents (large bank transactions, reasons for missing documents etc.)
- an explanation for any criminal convictions or previous bad UK immigration history you may have
- a contents list of the documents you are including

If you don't have anything to explain, then the applicant letter will be as simple as:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

Please find attached my application and documents for a Marriage Visa to join my fiancee in the UK. I would like my visa to start on X date, as per the Intended Travel Date listed on my application form).

I am including the following supporting documents:
[ List of Documents ]

Yours Faithfully,

Your Name

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 02:34:25 PM »
Thank you! Definitely helps format in my brain in how the letter should be.

Had a few collective questions that I've been pondering on.

With our flight information, we only have the emails (hoping that's fine), which I've saved, which saves like multiple pages, but we're missing my first flight over in around autumn of 2017, with our flight proof picking up in Feb of 2018 when she came over. Do we just explain this in our cover letter?

Also, looking at the VFS website, under "additional documents", what goes under that segment when I'm uploading everything? My document checklist? Passport?

Also in regards to that document checklist, I've had conflicting information on whether I upload it to VFS or just print it out and present it at the biometrics appointment?

For the vignette, I'll be applying around the 21st of May, and wanting to be back in the UK at the beginning of Aug hopefully (fingers crossed) with priority processing. Do I just put a date at like, the middle of July and hope they can get it asap? Was confused as to where I should put the date at.

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 02:55:50 PM »
With our flight information, we only have the emails (hoping that's fine), which I've saved, which saves like multiple pages, but we're missing my first flight over in around autumn of 2017, with our flight proof picking up in Feb of 2018 when she came over. Do we just explain this in our cover letter?

Just provide what you have. The sponsor letter can always mention in a couple of words the lack of first flight ticket.

Ideally you want to provide the actual boarding passes to show you got on the plane. But if you don’t have them anymore you can provide the e-tickets instead.

Also, looking at the VFS website, under "additional documents", what goes under that segment when I'm uploading everything? My document checklist? Passport?

The VFS Global website says the following:

Additional Documents (passport copy/remaining pages of the application form/any other documents)

So I guess you put the documents you mention in there, if there’s no other section to put them in.

Ultimately, as long as all the documents have been uploaded, what goes in which section doesn’t really matter that much.

Also in regards to that document checklist, I've had conflicting information on whether I upload it to VFS or just print it out and present it at the biometrics appointment?

You upload it to VFS before attending biometrics.

You do not take it to the biometrics appointment. Biometrics in the US are done by US immigration on behalf of UKVI and they have nothing to do with your documents or your application. They don’t even care what visa you are applying for. They just take your fingerprints and photo and send you home.

The only things you need to take to biometrics are:
- your passport (for ID)
- your biometrics appointment information with the barcode on it (so they can scan it)

For the vignette, I'll be applying around the 21st of May, and wanting to be back in the UK at the beginning of Aug hopefully (fingers crossed) with priority processing. Do I just put a date at like, the middle of July and hope they can get it asap? Was confused as to where I should put the date at.

Put the earliest possible date you may wish to travel, even if it’s in May.

If the visa is processed before that date has passed, it will be made valid for 6 months starting 7 days before that date.

If the visa is processed after the date you put it will be made valid starting 7 days after the decision is made.

What you don’t want to happen is that you apply in May, put a date in August and then find your visa is issued in June, but it’s not valid until August... which means you will be stuck in the US for an extra 2 months waiting until the visa starts and you can travel, instead of being able to travel immediately.

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2021, 03:49:46 PM »
Thank you so much!

And for the VAF4A-Appendix2 form, do I just download this, print it off, fill it out, re-upload it on the VFS website when I'm doing my documents?

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2021, 04:08:50 PM »
Thank you so much!

And for the VAF4A-Appendix2 form, do I just download this, print it off, fill it out, re-upload it on the VFS website when I'm doing my documents?
VAF4A Appendix 2 is no longer required in the US... it was incorporated into the online application form in June 2019, so you will have already answered all the questions on it as part of the online application and do not need to fill it out.

The only country that needs to include Appendix 2 now is North Korea, as they do not have an online application. 

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2021, 09:49:43 PM »
Heya,

Had another two questions.

For the bank statements, she uses Barclay's, and the online PDF header has their logo, her name, and account number, but not her address. We were going to have these printed, then stamped at the bank, but if there isn't an address, will that be an issue?

And for the tenancy agreement/letter, does she also need to include a council tax bill? Or will that not matter?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links