Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa - from Work Visa  (Read 1807 times)

• Liked: 342
Re: Spousal Visa - from Work Visa
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2021, 02:59:52 PM »
Ah ok.  I will research it.  However for now I need to apply for the spouse visa as my work visa will expire March 2022.  I would like to also have the flexibility in case I want to change jobs.  I just had a baby 7 months ago and the job I have now is quite stressful and not possible to work part time. 

So I think I have to apply for spouse visa first. Unless I can switch it to skilled worker visa, then apply for ILR visa.  Is that an option ?

If you move to FLR(M) you have lost the years you spent on the ICT visa towards your 5 years to ILR. You can't then get those years back if you go from FLR(M) to the Skilled Worker visa. to get ILR after 5 years in the UK. You will need 5 years on the FLR(M) visa for ILR.

You can change jobs on the Skilled Worker visa and under those recent immigration changes, the RLMT has now been removed which makes it easier for skilled workers to change work sponsors.

The Skilled Worker visa gov.uk link shows you can switch to a Skilled Worker visa from the Tier 2 (ICT) visa.
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/switch-to-this-visa The Skilled Worker leads to ILR. You can ask on the Skilled Worker sites (one link above)  whether your time on the ICT visa will count towards your 5 years to ILR,  if you switch to the Skilled Worker visa from the Tier 2 (ICT) visa. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:23:36 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2021, 01:17:01 PM »
Hi KSand,

I just wanted to list to you the documents we have for the official mail.

My husband moved to this address on the 19th of March 2019, and my daughter and I arrived to the UK and lived in this address since 23rd of March 2019.  So our posts/bills didn't start arriving until first week of April 2019.

The official mail/bills I have are the following.  I will list separately for my husband and I. 

Me :

Council Tax Confirmation of Direct Debit date 30-04-19. 
Thames Valley Water Bill dated 14-05-2019
Capital One Credit card bill dated 8-8-2019
NHS Health Screening letter August 2019
Natwest Bank Statement dated 10 -11-2019
Capital One Credit Card Bill dated 8-01-2019
Council Tax Bill dated 11-03-2020
Thames Valley Water Bill dated 11-05-2020
Barclay Card Letter dated 13-07-2020
Barclay Card Credit Card Statement dated 13-11-2020
Thames Water Bill dated 29-10-2020
SSE Electric Bill dated 22-01-2021
Capital One Credit Card 8-01-2021
Natwest Credit Card Statement dated 10-04-2021

For my husband it's a little bit complicated as most of the utilities are under my name except for the cable (sky), and his car insurance.  They both are paperless billing so we don't have bills mailed to us.  He has changed it now to paper billing but it's too late.

Official letter From Thames Valley dated 24-07-2019
Official Letter From Thames Valley dated 15-10-2019
MetroBank Statement dated 27-08-2020
Electoral Registration Confirmation Letter dated 03.10.2020
Child Benefit Registration for daughter addressed to him dated 09-10-2020
Oxfordshire Penalty Notice 20-02-2021
Current Account Statement Dated 05-03-2021
NHS Letter of Appointment dated 10-03-2021

How do you suggest I explain the situation.  I know we can't ask Sky and Car insurance to send bills now from the last two years as it wouldn't be acceptable.

Also regarding my daughters.

I have a correspondence letter for my eldest daughter (7 year old) as we have a savings account for her, but for my 7 month old I don't have a letter dated in the last 3 months.  We received a letter for her  dated 14 Jan 2021

So What I have for the kids

7 year old - Bank Statement dated 23-03-21 to 23-04-21
7 month old - NHS letter 14-01-2021

Thank you for your input. 

Dlilah

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know if someone could give me an advice on my questions on the documents above. 

I will look at skilled working visa, but in the mean time can someone let me know about the documents we currently have for cohabitation requirements. 
Met UK Hubby : August 2011
Married : July 2017

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2021, 01:21:02 PM »
Can you request your GP surgery issues a letter confirming your youngest’s address.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the post as this is your first application as a spouse so won’t be as tough on the living together as they will be for subsequent visas.

For what it’s worth, I switched and “lost” my time on my tier 2 and had no regrets. Much better to be tied to your spouse than your job, especially in these uncertain times!!

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2021, 02:15:02 PM »
Can you request your GP surgery issues a letter confirming your youngest’s address.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the post as this is your first application as a spouse so won’t be as tough on the living together as they will be for subsequent visas.

For what it’s worth, I switched and “lost” my time on my tier 2 and had no regrets. Much better to be tied to your spouse than your job, especially in these uncertain times!!

That’s exactly what I was thinking regarding being tied to a job. That’s why I would like to go with getting the spouse visa. 

I will ask the GP to see if they could send me a letter .
So just to make sure, I just need to explain to them that’s all the posts we have due to paperless billing.  And I should be ok?

Then ask a letter from the GP for my youngest?

Thank you

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2021, 02:15:59 PM »
Yup.

And make sure you get your husbands name on a few other bills and turn off paperless.

• Liked: 170
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2021, 02:57:56 PM »
If you move to FLR(M) you have lost the years you spent on the ICT visa towards your 5 years to ILR. You can't then get those years back if you go from FLR(M) to the Skilled Worker visa. to get ILR after 5 years in the UK. You will need 5 years on the FLR(M) visa for ILR.

You can change jobs on the Skilled Worker visa and under those recent immigration changes, the RLMT has now been removed which makes it easier for skilled workers to change work sponsors.

The Skilled Worker visa gov.uk link shows you can switch to a Skilled Worker visa from the Tier 2 (ICT) visa.
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/switch-to-this-visa The Skilled Worker leads to ILR. You can ask on the Skilled Worker sites (one link above)  whether your time on the ICT visa will count towards your 5 years to ILR,  if you switch to the Skilled Worker visa from the Tier 2 (ICT) visa.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/974078/skilled-worker-caseworker-guidance-v2.0ext.pdf#page47

Page 47.

No. Tier 2 ICT doesn’t count for the five years to settlement under the skilled worker visa.

Please stop clogging this thread with erroneous and poorly researched facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2021, 09:13:39 PM »
Regarding my maternity and furlough details.

I started my maternity on 30th Sept 2020, which is when my daughter was born.

I then used my holidays, and technically was back at work on 11th of January until 30th of January

My work then put me on furlough from 1st of February until 30th of April 2021

I am back at work as of 1st of May 2021, but they have me back at work 3 days a week with 2 days in furlough. 

Does my work need to put all these details on the letter.  I am just asking because I am sure our HR coordinator won't know how to word it properly.  Just wanted to know what details should she include.

Thank you again for your input. 

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »

I then used my holidays, and technically was back at work on 11th of January until 30th of January

I am back at work as of 1st of May 2021, but they have me back at work 3 days a week with 2 days in furlough. 

Does my work need to put all these details on the letter.  I am just asking because I am sure our HR coordinator won't know how to word it properly.  Just wanted to know what details should she include.

Hello Again,

Besides my questions above I also have the following questions.

1.  I just downloaded an printed the declaration for spouses, and consent for the home office to verify application information.  We have signed it, however do we date on the day we actually send out the documents/applications?

2.  For our cohabitation documents, as we don't have evenly spaced posts and probably not enough, do we just included a cover letter attach to all the documents explaining why we don't have all the posts for the last 2 years.

3.  My husband changed his name 4 years ago, which makes his name different from my first daughters birth certificate, I know we will include the deed poll change documents, but where should we attach this?  Do I need to include a letter explaining the change? 

4.  How long after we have paid for the application do we have to send out the documents?

5. For my work visa I paid 3 years of the NHS surcharge which means I would have left over that I haven't used, would this mean I will be credited or refunded for this ?  Do I need to contact them?  or will they issue it automatically?

6.  Also, there was a question in the application to explain any other reason why it would be difficult for me if I don't get my application approved.  Besides my children and my husbands family, is there anything else I should include?  Does this need to be a detailed ?

Thank you
Anne

• Liked: 342
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2021, 10:25:12 AM »
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/974078/skilled-worker-caseworker-guidance-v2.0ext.pdf#page47

Page 47.

No. Tier 2 ICT doesn’t count for the five years to settlement under the skilled worker visa.

Please stop clogging this thread with erroneous and poorly researched facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggested that the OP check if she could do this and gave a link to a skilled worker board. Sadly, I saw wrong advice given on here to a nurse the other day.

Although this is a very good site for those who can't get settlement in the UK through a work visa, other sites are better for those who are what the UK classes as skilled immigrants.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 10:37:27 AM by Sirius »

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2021, 04:58:02 PM »
Hello Again,

1.  I just downloaded an printed the declaration for spouses, and consent for the home office to verify application information.  We have signed it, however do we date on the day we actually send out the documents/applications?

2.  For our cohabitation documents, as we don't have evenly spaced posts and probably not enough, do we just included a cover letter attach to all the documents explaining why we don't have all the posts for the last 2 years.

3.  My husband changed his name 4 years ago, which makes his name different from my first daughters birth certificate, I know we will include the deed poll change documents, but where should we attach this?  Do I need to include a letter explaining the change? 

4.  How long after we have paid for the application do we have to send out the documents?

5. For my work visa I paid 3 years of the NHS surcharge which means I would have left over that I haven't used, would this mean I will be credited or refunded for this ?  Do I need to contact them?  or will they issue it automatically?

6.  Also, there was a question in the application to explain any other reason why it would be difficult for me if I don't get my application approved.  Besides my children and my husbands family, is there anything else I should include?  Does this need to be a detailed ?

Thank you
Anne

Just wanted to quote it so that I can get some guidance please on the questions above.

I am hoping to file my application at the end of next week.

I appreciate all the help.

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2021, 05:48:00 PM »
I suggested that the OP check if she could do this and gave a link to a skilled worker board. Sadly, I saw wrong advice given on here to a nurse the other day.

Although this is a very good site for those who can't get settlement in the UK through a work visa, other sites are better for those who are what the UK classes as skilled immigrants.

Both myself and physicskate came on skilled worker visas.  I know that kills you and you don’t think we are skilled workers, but the UK classed us as such.  We have both “been there, done that, got the tshirt”. What’s your visa experience with the UK again? 

Happy to correct the incorrect advice given to the nurse.  Can you link the thread?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 05:52:05 PM by KFdancer »

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2021, 05:53:27 PM »

Type the letter out for HR and have them write it on letterhead and sign it, I always found that easiest.  What you've put here is more than adequate, just the timeline of events is what UKVI need to ensure you've met the qualifications.

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2021, 05:59:57 PM »
Hello Again,

Thank you
Anne

1.  I'd use the application date.  It won't really matter, but may as well use that.

2.  The post won't be crucial to your application as it's not a requirement for you two to have lived together as a term of your Tier 2 visa (what they are concerned with).  As this is your first application for FLR(M), they won't be focused on that.  Explain what you have, but don't lose sleep over it.

3.  For the name change, I'd just include the deed poll name change and note it in your covering letter where you explain the application (that you are switching from a Tier 2, your post isn't perfect, add the name change).  Keep the cover letter brief and factual.

4.  You upload your documents after you've applied.  You'll likely have scanning included as part of your biometric appointment as it's very difficult to get an appointment that doesn't include the "enhanced" service.  So you'll take your documents with you to biometrics and job done!

5.  After your application is approved, you can request the refund of the IHS fee in six month "chunks"  So if you had 20 months paid for, you'll get refunded for 18 months of fees.  If you have less than 6 months remaining on your visa, you won't receive a refund.  Ask us again after you have your approval and we'll tell you where to send your email and documents.

6.  This is only looked at if you fail to meet the requirements.  Because you have British children, you'd be put on the 10 year path to settlement.  As you meet the requirement, it won't be an issue.  But no, there is no need to elaboarte as the US isn't a war torn country or anything of that sort. 

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2021, 08:52:25 PM »
1.  I'd use the application date.  It won't really matter, but may as well use that.

2.  The post won't be crucial to your application as it's not a requirement for you two to have lived together as a term of your Tier 2 visa (what they are concerned with).  As this is your first application for FLR(M), they won't be focused on that.  Explain what you have, but don't lose sleep over it.

3.  For the name change, I'd just include the deed poll name change and note it in your covering letter where you explain the application (that you are switching from a Tier 2, your post isn't perfect, add the name change).  Keep the cover letter brief and factual.

4.  You upload your documents after you've applied.  You'll likely have scanning included as part of your biometric appointment as it's very difficult to get an appointment that doesn't include the "enhanced" service.  So you'll take your documents with you to biometrics and job done!

5.  After your application is approved, you can request the refund of the IHS fee in six month "chunks"  So if you had 20 months paid for, you'll get refunded for 18 months of fees.  If you have less than 6 months remaining on your visa, you won't receive a refund.  Ask us again after you have your approval and we'll tell you where to send your email and documents.

6.  This is only looked at if you fail to meet the requirements.  Because you have British children, you'd be put on the 10 year path to settlement.  As you meet the requirement, it won't be an issue.  But no, there is no need to elaboarte as the US isn't a war torn country or anything of that sort.

Thank u!

Once I have everything I will let you guys know x

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2021, 01:31:04 AM »
Hello Guys,

It’s just me thinking in the middle of the night what I still need to provide.

I have a couple of questions. 

1.  Do I still need to provide my maternity and furlough details even if my payslip is more than the £1550 gross require per month?

2. My payslips are downloaded online, and I’ve just printed them.  Do I need to get a letter from HR stating it’s authentic, even with an HR letter confirming my employment detail and salary?

I just wanted to know as I just asked my HR for the letter of employment as well as copy of my contract.       I don’t have my original contract, they do.  Would a copy of my contract suffice ?  I doubt they’ll give me the original.

Also I just received my latest p60 which again is again from online.  I know HMRC will send me an original copy at some point, but will this suffice.  The date will be April 2020 to April 2021.  Also in this P60 my gross income is £42k not £55k as I was in furlough in some of the dates and also on maternity leave on some dates.  Is there anything I need to provide. 

Thank you

Thank you for your help. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 01:36:20 AM by Dlilah »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab