Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa - from Work Visa  (Read 1791 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Spousal Visa - from Work Visa
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2021, 07:17:47 PM »
Hello Guys,

It’s just me thinking in the middle of the night what I still need to provide.

I have a couple of questions. 

1.  Do I still need to provide my maternity and furlough details even if my payslip is more than the £1550 gross require per month?

2. My payslips are downloaded online, and I’ve just printed them.  Do I need to get a letter from HR stating it’s authentic, even with an HR letter confirming my employment detail and salary?

I just wanted to know as I just asked my HR for the letter of employment as well as copy of my contract.       I don’t have my original contract, they do.  Would a copy of my contract suffice ?  I doubt they’ll give me the original.

Also I just received my latest p60 which again is again from online.  I know HMRC will send me an original copy at some point, but will this suffice.  The date will be April 2020 to April 2021.  Also in this P60 my gross income is £42k not £55k as I was in furlough in some of the dates and also on maternity leave on some dates.  Is there anything I need to provide. 

Thank you

Thank you for your help.

Just wanting to know if anyone can answer my questions above.

Also my most current p60 just posted online, can I use that.  I will have our accountant authenticate it as well as my payslips. 

I am applying by the 28th of May as my last pay stub is dated 30th of April.  Is this correct ?
Met UK Hubby : August 2011
Married : July 2017

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2021, 08:25:00 PM »
Hello Guys,

It’s just me thinking in the middle of the night what I still need to provide.

I have a couple of questions. 

1.  Do I still need to provide my maternity and furlough details even if my payslip is more than the £1550 gross require per month?

2. My payslips are downloaded online, and I’ve just printed them.  Do I need to get a letter from HR stating it’s authentic, even with an HR letter confirming my employment detail and salary?

I just wanted to know as I just asked my HR for the letter of employment as well as copy of my contract.       I don’t have my original contract, they do.  Would a copy of my contract suffice ?  I doubt they’ll give me the original.

Also I just received my latest p60 which again is again from online.  I know HMRC will send me an original copy at some point, but will this suffice.  The date will be April 2020 to April 2021.  Also in this P60 my gross income is £42k not £55k as I was in furlough in some of the dates and also on maternity leave on some dates.  Is there anything I need to provide. 

Thank you

Thank you for your help. 

1.  If your payslips mention maternity or furlough, yes, I would have the letter from HR/payroll clarify.  If it’s just normal salary on the payslips, then no need to go into detail about maternity or furlough.

2.  Yes, you need a letter stating they are true and accurate copies of the payslips

The P60 is recommended, along with the job contract but neither are required documents.  A copy absolutely will suffice for the job contract.  No need to have an accountant authenticate the P60, that’s one of the checks UKVI does anyway (ensure HMRC aligns with what you are saying).

Yes, don’t apply any later than May 28.

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2021, 08:37:41 PM »
Thank you Kfdancer,

I asked our company accountant today and what he did is he printed my payslips on a company letter head, stamped it that it’s authentic and signed it. 

Would that be enough ?  I asked him for a letter but that’s what he is sending me. 

I have asked our HR partner to send a letter detailing my furlough and maternity details as it is stated on my payslips that it’s SMP or furlough. 

I will post again the documents I have when I have it all. 

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2021, 09:13:13 PM »
Thank you Kfdancer,

I asked our company accountant today and what he did is he printed my payslips on a company letter head, stamped it that it’s authentic and signed it. 

Would that be enough ?  I asked him for a letter but that’s what he is sending me. 

I have asked our HR partner to send a letter detailing my furlough and maternity details as it is stated on my payslips that it’s SMP or furlough. 

I will post again the documents I have when I have it all. 

The printing on letterhead and stamping is perfect!

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2021, 09:25:24 PM »
Thank you very much 🙏

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2021, 08:06:08 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check if there is anything else that I have been missing.

Financial Requirement

- 7 months of payslips ( October 2020 to April 2021) - showing over £18600
- 7 months of bank statements showing direct deposit of pay matching the amount of the pay slips for each month.  Authenticated by our company accountant.
- Employment Letter from our HR department confirming my salary, date of hire, length of time at current salary, type of employment
- A letter from HR Partner explaining my maternity and furlough details.
- Lates p60 ( April 2020 to April 2021)
-Copy of my job contract

Accommodation Requirement

- Copy of our tenancy agreement under my name.
- letter from our landlord confirming that my husband and I live in this address.
- latest council bill

Cohabitation requirements

- Official Mail for me and my husband, it's not evenly spaced as most of our bills are paperless billing but will explain in the cover letter

Other Documents

- My current passport
-my BRP Card for the tier 2 visa
- My husbands current passport
- My marriage certificate
-My divorce decree authenticated
-My Children's birth certificates. ( My eldest daughter was born in the US but she has dual citizenship, would I need to include both birth certificates?)
- My eldest Childs passport, my 7 month old doesn't have a passport yet.
- My eldest childs bank statement dated April 2021, and GP letter confirming my 7 month olds address.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need. 

• Liked: 342
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2021, 12:04:53 PM »
Both myself and physicskate came on skilled worker visas.  I know that kills you and you don’t think we are skilled workers, but the UK classed us as such.  We have both “been there, done that, got the tshirt”.

Have you ever realised that your previous posts can be seen?

From one of your first posts on here (below) it appears you did not come to the UK on a visa that gave ILR after 5 years. You came to the UK on the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa, a visa to work in your employers UK office and that visa does not lead to ILR after 5 years.

It’s the Tier 2 (General) visa that leads to ILR after 5 years and it’s this visa that has now been replaced by the Skilled Worker visa. The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa is still there, albeit with a higher bar now to get this visa, but it  still does not lead to ILR after 5 years.

Physicskate makes it quite clear in each of her posts in her timeline that she did not come to the UK as a skilled worker, she came to the UK on a student visa. The student visa does not lead to ILR after 5 years either.

I apologize if this has been addressed, but several searches turned up nothing.  If answered before, can someone post a link?

I have been in the UK for a year and a half now on a Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa.  My visa is valid until January 2013.  I am a US citizen.

Since moving to the UK, I have met a UK citizen and fallen in love.  This "is it" and we plan to marry.  There is no date for a wedding set yet.

My job situation may be changing.  Whilst it is a strong possibility that my current visa sponsorship is extended for another year until January 2014, this may not be the case (my company recently decided to not renew the other US expat in my office).

Here are my questions:

Does anyone have experience with changing companies/sponsorship of their Tier 2 visa?  How difficult was this?  (Background:  I am a financial analyst)

If we married before my Tier 2 visa expires, what is the process?  I am already here in the UK, so I would not be applying from the US.  I feel everything I've read addresses when the US citizen is still in the US.

If we were to marry before my Tier 2 visa expires, how long does all the paperwork/approvals take to allow me to stay in the UK under the new visa?

Ideally, I would like to stay in the UK "seamlessly" without having to return to the US to wait for things to process.  Is this a possibility?

Thank for you feedback everyone.  I really appreciate it!

The reply gave you the options to be able to stay in the UK, for those who came to the UK on a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) between 6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011.

It wasn’t that generous an offer by the UK, to allow these on an ICT visa in that timeframe to switch to a Tier 2 (General). They had to change employers (if they could find one who wanted them and had a sponsorship licence) for a Tier 2 (General). Unlike the Tier 2 (ICT) visa, the Tier 2 (General) visa had a Resident Labour Market Test to pass, which meant that anybody who was already allowed to work in the UK, who had applied and could do that job, be given the job.

The Tier 2 (General) visa holder also needed be as skilled as they claimed to be on their CV, or they lose the jobs and their sponsor.

The other offer from the UK for those getting their first ICT visa during that 2010/11 timeframe, was to try to get their employer to keep them in the UK office for 10 years on the Tier 2 (ICT) visa. 10 years of lawful stay to then be able to apply for ILR(LR) in 2021 and 2022.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:09:45 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2021, 12:31:57 PM »
Have you ever realised that your previous posts can be seen?

From one of your first posts on here (below) it appears you did not come to the UK on a visa that gave ILR after 5 years. You came to the UK on the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa, a visa to work in your employers UK office and that visa does not lead to ILR after 5 years.

It’s the Tier 2 (General) visa that leads to ILR after 5 years and it’s this visa that has now been replaced by the Skilled Worker visa. The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa is still there, albeit with a higher bar now to get this visa, but it  still does not lead to ILR after 5 years.

Physicskate makes it quite clear in each of her posts in her timeline that she did not come to the UK as a skilled worker, she came to the UK on a student visa. The student visa does not lead to ILR after 5 years either.

The reply gave you the options to be able to stay in the UK, for those who came to the UK on a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) between 6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011.

It wasn’t that generous an offer by the UK, to allow these on an ICT visa in that timeframe to switch to a Tier 2 (General). They had to change employers (if they could find one who wanted them and had a sponsorship licence) for a Tier 2 (General). Unlike the Tier 2 (ICT) visa, the Tier 2 (General) visa had a Resident Labour Market Test to pass, which meant that anybody who was already allowed to work in the UK, who had applied and could do that job, be given the job.

The Tier 2 (General) visa holder also needed be as skilled as they claimed to be on their CV, or they lose the jobs and their sponsor.

The other offer from the UK for those getting their first ICT visa during that 2010/11 timeframe, was to try to get their employer to keep them in the UK office for 10 years on the Tier 2 (ICT) visa. 10 years of lawful stay to then be able to apply for ILR(LR) in 2021 and 2022.

Sirius, you missed something on your notes!  Remember I came BEFORE the ICT no longer led to settlement. Mine *did* lead to settlement, I made the conscious choice to switch.

And yeah, it was ICT, which I know in your mind means I’m not skilled. My poor Big 5 company was having HORRIFIC financial results and asked me to come to the U.K. to turn the office around. I not only got them back in the black but also managed to secure a very profitable sale for them. Truly TRULY my skills are lacking!  What a crazy company to spend all that money on me with a fancy expat package when they could have hired anyone off the street!

And PhysicsKate was sponsored for many many years. Scientists are truly unskilled aren’t they?  Poor physicskate and her unvaluable scientific knowledge!

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2021, 12:35:53 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check if there is anything else that I have been missing.

Financial Requirement

- 7 months of payslips ( October 2020 to April 2021) - showing over £18600
- 7 months of bank statements showing direct deposit of pay matching the amount of the pay slips for each month.  Authenticated by our company accountant.
- Employment Letter from our HR department confirming my salary, date of hire, length of time at current salary, type of employment
- A letter from HR Partner explaining my maternity and furlough details.
- Lates p60 ( April 2020 to April 2021)
-Copy of my job contract

Accommodation Requirement

- Copy of our tenancy agreement under my name.
- letter from our landlord confirming that my husband and I live in this address.
- latest council bill

Cohabitation requirements

- Official Mail for me and my husband, it's not evenly spaced as most of our bills are paperless billing but will explain in the cover letter

Other Documents

- My current passport
-my BRP Card for the tier 2 visa
- My husbands current passport
- My marriage certificate
-My divorce decree authenticated
-My Children's birth certificates. ( My eldest daughter was born in the US but she has dual citizenship, would I need to include both birth certificates?)
- My eldest Childs passport, my 7 month old doesn't have a passport yet.
- My eldest childs bank statement dated April 2021, and GP letter confirming my 7 month olds address.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need. 

Looks perfect!  I don’t believe you need the birth certificates and honestly, I don’t know about the US issued one. No harm in including them though.

Sorry for the Sirius drama clogging up your thread.  She hates immigration, hates us, think we are a drain on the system, blah blah blah.  She’s British and not been through the immigration process. She is a FANTASTIC help to people who need to know about benefits and such, so she is a good contributor to this community in that regard.  She also seems to keep notes on all of us....  very bizarre. Anyways!  I hope your questions have been answered and that you feel confident with your application!  Keep asking if unsure on anything.

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »
What’s your visa experience with the UK again? 

I have said before, but what are you trying to say here?  I'm sure that some of the barristers in immigration courts and judges for those courts, haven't used the immigration sytems themselves. Just as some of those who have used the various routes to the UK don't know the laws, with some not even knowing about the laws of their own visa/EU regulations.

Happy to correct the incorrect advice given to the nurse.  Can you link the thread?

You could have looked back on your posts too as you posted on that thread.
https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=99117.msg1309884#msg1309884

The rise in the Immgiration Health Surcharge due 1 October 2020, was delayed because of the new Health and Care visas, to allow the  no IHS to pay, to be written into that Statutory Instrument.
https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=98526.msg1304025#msg1304025

The UK is no different to any other country, where migrants the UK wants to come and wants to keep, have a much cheaper route and sometimes quicker route to ILR under UK immigration rules.

As I said, this is a great forum for those wanting to use a British citizen or foreign national with ILR, to stay in the UK and ksand and Larrabee are very knoweledgable for these family routes, but that is an expensive route. Those who have the skills to get a Skilled Worker visa and if the employer agrees they have those skills (they don’t keep losing their job), there are cheaper options to look at.

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2021, 12:57:03 PM »
Looks perfect!  I don’t believe you need the birth certificates and honestly, I don’t know about the US issued one. No harm in including them though.

Sorry for the Sirius drama clogging up your thread.  She hates immigration, hates us, think we are a drain on the system, blah blah blah.  She’s British and not been through the immigration process. She is a FANTASTIC help to people who need to know about benefits and such, so she is a good contributor to this community in that regard.  She also seems to keep notes on all of us....  very bizarre. Anyways!  I hope your questions have been answered and that you feel confident with your application!  Keep asking if unsure on anything.

Thank you KFdancer.  I am very grateful to all who contributes to this site.  As this is a very invaluable platform for us.

It took me 7 years to get to the UK to be with my husband.  Our story is quite complicated but I managed to get my company to sponsor me under the ICT Tier 2 Visa.  Now that I am here, I just want to secure my status so that we would never be apart again.  Now we have 2 kids, and life is finally beginning to work out for us after all these years of struggle.  Sorry to be quite emotional it was a long time coming, and it fills me with anxiety the thought that a simple mistake could derail our application. 

Thanks again. 

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2021, 01:55:25 PM »
Sirius, you missed something on your notes!  Remember I came BEFORE the ICT no longer led to settlement. Mine *did* lead to settlement,

The UK ended the ICT visa from leading to ILR after 5 years, for first ICT applicants  from 6 April 2010. The ICT visa holders had not passed the Resident Labour Market Test for a transfer to the UK office.

From what you have put below in your 2012 post, you were too late to get ILR from an ICT visa .

I have been in the UK for a year and a half now on a Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa.  My visa is valid until January 2013.

If you thought your visa would give you ILR from after 5 years , that would explain why you were concerned in that post about getting sent back to the US office when your 2 year ICT visa ended in January 2013.

As said in my other post, there was an allowance for those who had their first Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa between 6 April 2010 and 5 April 2011, not to have ILR but to switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa instead of having to go home, but the 5 years to ILR clock started again even if they could get that visa. The reply to your 2012 post talked about that-

Assuming that your visa was granted before 6th April 2011, then it is possible to change employer. Your new employer will have to complete the Resident Labour Market Test (ie. advertise the job) and you'll need to switch to Tier 2 (General). You'll need to get your points etc.

I made the conscious choice to switch.

You were on one of the visas that allowed you to switch to having your spouse sponsor you instead.

And PhysicsKate was sponsored for many many years. Scientists are truly unskilled aren’t they?  Poor physicskate and her unvaluable scientific knowledge!

I didn't say she wasn't. You said she came to the UK on a skilled visa but the timeline on physicskate's post showed she came to the UK as a student. You can also see from her timeline that she then got a Tier 2 (General) visa and it was a job on the UK's jobs shortages list
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 02:17:07 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2021, 02:08:43 PM »
Sorry for the Sirius drama clogging up your thread.  She hates immigration, hates us, think we are a drain on the system, blah blah blah.  She’s British and not been through the immigration process. She is a FANTASTIC help to people who need to know about benefits and such, so she is a good contributor to this community in that regard.  She also seems to keep notes on all of us....  very bizarre.

Would you like some tomato sauce with those chips?

Why would I put posts to help people find a cheaper route if I was anti-immigration? I read the immigration and welfare laws when I can and these can easily be found on the government site. I know the route you took to ILR was expensive. Some have choices and there could be cheaper option. I don't see why they shouldn't be told about that and about a site that has skilled workers and know how those visa work.

You know that you came to my attention when you sent me what i considred to be a strange pm, about somebody arriving on this site who you knew was working when when not allowed.  I then read your first posts.

I think physicskate did really well, doing her research and then going back to being on a student visa to get her Tier 2 (General) visa, to be a teacher that is on the UK's shortages list.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 02:14:21 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2021, 06:12:57 PM »
Sirius, I always liked you until you started attacking me. I genuinely have no idea why you are so upset that I live here.

Yup, messaged you about a couple who lives near me who exploited loopholes, which have now been forgiven (back before you started personal attacks). So what? 

Back then, I really liked you and was hopeful we would be online friends. I own that.  I liked you and wanted to be your friend. Sue me.

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2021, 07:13:13 PM »
Can I just ask that everyone please just take a deep breath and see this thread for what it is.  I am asking for guidance.  I just need some help, and I appreciate any help anyone could give. 

I started a new thread as I just want to get some help and answers to my questions and doubts.  Please can someone please just answer my questions on my checklist. 

Sponsored Links