Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?  (Read 13620 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2021, 03:09:35 PM »
Just check your diary to make sure you were physically in the UK on the date 3 years exactly before the date you apply, as ksand mentioned and that's pretty much it!
Oh darn I'm glad you reiterated that I completely missed it. That's such a strange rule I don't understand why but fair enough.

So let's say we did the application today 04/05/2021, we both (or just my husband the applicant?) Would of had to be in the UK on 04/05/2018?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »
Just the applicant.  He's the one applying for citizenship, so he must have been in the UK on the day exactly 3 years before the application.  You don't need to have been in the UK that day.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2021, 03:18:47 PM »
Just the applicant.  He's the one applying for citizenship, so he must have been in the UK on the day exactly 3 years before the application.  You don't need to have been in the UK that day.
Awesome thank you for letting me know . Looks like there won't be a break for us with applications but there's no way I want to wait any longer for his citizenship lol.

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2021, 03:23:18 PM »
Awesome thank you for letting me know . Looks like there won't be a break for us with applications but there's no way I want to wait any longer for his citizenship lol.

I waited a few months, and then suddenly jumped through hoops to get my application in quickly before a change in the application procedure came in.  Best to do it as soon as you can.  Home Office generally do not bring in changes to make things easier.  ;)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2021, 03:24:49 PM »
I waited a few months, and then suddenly jumped through hoops to get my application in quickly before a change in the application procedure came in.  Best to do it as soon as you can.  Home Office generally do not bring in changes to make things easier.  ;)

Exactly! They are not known for making things easier.. or cheaper!  ;D

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2021, 03:25:05 PM »
Haha totally agree, I'm not letting this opportunity slip through our fingers. Might be jumping the gun here but do we need to provide the same proof for citizenship as we do for ILR (income/living/etc)

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2021, 03:44:44 PM »
Haha totally agree, I'm not letting this opportunity slip through our fingers. Might be jumping the gun here but do we need to provide the same proof for citizenship as we do for ILR (income/living/etc)

Much less, no proof of income is required. But start thinking about all things car related now because as part of the good character requirement, they want to know about all driving offences, even simple fixed penalty tickets, all of them including parking tickets!

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2021, 04:01:23 PM »

Much less, no proof of income is required. But start thinking about all things car related now because as part of the good character requirement, they want to know about all driving offences, even simple fixed penalty tickets, all of them including parking tickets!

What a relief! Awesome I'll ask him if he did get any offences but I don't think so he didn't drive much in America and doesn't drive here. I've had parking tickets before but hopefully it doesn't need to include me in it

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2021, 04:24:29 PM »

What a relief! Awesome I'll ask him if he did get any offences but I don't think so he didn't drive much in America and doesn't drive here. I've had parking tickets before but hopefully it doesn't need to include me in it

Nope, just him. All they need from you is the being on the marriage certificate.

Oh, and think about who you are going to use for your two references. That part kept someone I know from applying for a good long time!

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2021, 04:38:49 PM »
Nope, just him. All they need from you is the being on the marriage certificate.

Oh, and think about who you are going to use for your two references. That part kept someone I know from applying for a good long time!
Thank you, 2 references to say he is of good character I'm guessing?

Could my family members do that or does it have to be 2 people not blood related to me?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2021, 04:47:38 PM »

Could my family members do that or does it have to be 2 people not blood related to me?

The referees cannot be family members of the applicant and can’t be related to each other.

- the first referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with the application).

- the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

Referees must:
• not be a relative
• not be a solicitor or agent representing you on this application
• not be related to the other referee;
• not be employed by the Home Office;
• not have been convicted of an imprisonable offence during the last 10 years (unless that conviction can be disregarded in line with the table shown in the Guide);
• have known the applicant personally;
• be willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant;
• advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2021, 04:48:42 PM »

No, to vouch that he is who he says he is. They need to have known him for at least 3 years at the time of application. One needs to be a professional and one a UKC. IIRC. Will try to find a link.

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2021, 05:14:23 PM »
Thank you both! I think I have 2 people in mind

1 is our family friend and she's a solicitor with UKC
1 is my best friend who is over 25 and a UKC

Both known my husband since the day we met and have seen him regularly ever since he moved here

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2021, 05:40:11 PM »
Thank you both! I think I have 2 people in mind

1 is our family friend and she's a solicitor with UKC
1 is my best friend who is over 25 and a UKC

Both known my husband since the day we met and have seen him regularly ever since he moved here

They sound perfect!  You should be all set once ILR is complete.  :)

Sponsored Links