Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?  (Read 13718 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2021, 07:48:08 PM »
They sound perfect!  You should be all set once ILR is complete.  :)
Brilliant thank you all so much for your help. Even more motivation to get this ILR

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2021, 03:42:00 PM »
Third times the charm! Partner passed his life in the uk test! . Celebrating tonight and then it's crunch time for the actual ILR application haha.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2021, 07:30:25 PM »
Third times the charm! Partner passed his life in the uk test! . Celebrating tonight and then it's crunch time for the actual ILR application haha.

Awesome! Congratulations!!!  [smiley=balloon.gif]

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2021, 11:01:35 AM »
Thank you so much, such a weird feeling, feels like we have the ILR already but I'm trying to remind myself there's still loads to do.

I'll update the list of documents we have shortly to get the approval from yourselves soon if that's ok? Pretty sure we have everything but just want to make sure

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2021, 05:05:05 PM »
We're in the midst of sorting the SET (M) application and I just want to make sure I've got everything ready? I've put "?" next to ones that I'm not sure we need:

- Partner's BRP (expires 3rd July 2021)
- Partner's Passport
- Partner's passport photo ?

- Sponsor's Passport ?
- Sponsor's passport photo ?

- Reference No. Of the passed Life in the UK test

Proof of Accomodation:
- Sponsor's bank statement Dec 2018 (Mother's address)
- Partner's pension letter Jan 2019 (Mother's address)
- Joint gas bill May 2019 (Current address whem I joint owned with my brother)
- Joint bank statement Oct 2019 (Current, joint owned)
- Joint council tax March 2020 (Current, joint owned)
- Sponsor's bank statement August 2020 (Current, joint owned)
- Partner's store card letter August 2020 (Current, joint owned)
- Sponsor's life insurance letter January 2021 (Current, joint owned)
- Partner's store card letter January 2021 (Current,  joint owned)

(We haven't recieved any June 2021 letters yet, will that be an issue?)

- Letter confirming residence, Mother's address dated 1st April 2021, signed w/ wet ink
- Letter confirming residence by my brother, current address when we joint owned it, dated 1st April 2021, signed w/ wet ink

- Land Registry document
- Mortgage confirmation letter (1st March 2021 onwards, solely owned by me)
- Latest council tax letter

Proof of Finances (all mine/sponsor):
- Latest P60
- Employment contract
- Letter from work dated 29th March 2021, printed with company letter head, signed w/ wet ink, stating:
-- My Name
-- My Address
-- Original start date
-- Job role
-- Permanent contract
-- Weekly hours
-- Old salary before 5th April 2021
-- Current Salary

- Bank statements August 2020 to April 2021
- Weekly Digital Payslips printed 29th Oct 2020 to 22nd April 2021
- Letter from work dated 22nd April 2021, printed with company letter head, signed w/ wet ink, stating printed payslips are certified to be true copy of the original document seen by me (HR), which are emailed weekly

I think that's everything? Are any of our documents outdated now?

Considering the brp expires in less than a month we were thinking it's probably a good idea to pay for super priorty just incase it gets rejected?

• Liked: 3595
Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2021, 05:23:02 PM »
Just going to rearrange your documents into the various upload sections. Missing documents are in red. Comments are in blue.

You don’t need the following:
- Partner's passport photo
- Sponsor's passport photo
- Reference No. Of the passed Life in the UK test - this is entered on the application form

Application documents
- Partner's Passport scan of every page
- Part 1 consent to checks form signed by applicant part of online application
- Part 2 consent to checks form signed by sponsor part of online application
- sponsor’s declaration signed by sponsor part of online application

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- Partner's BRP (expires 3rd July 2021)
- Sponsor's Passport  scan of every page

Residence in the UK
Proof of Accomodation:
- Land Registry document
- Mortgage confirmation letter (1st March 2021 onwards, solely owned by me)
- Latest council tax letter
Proof of Cohabitation
- Sponsor's bank statement Dec 2018 (Mother's address)
- Partner's pension letter Jan 2019 (Mother's address)
- Joint gas bill May 2019 (Current address whem I joint owned with my brother)
- Joint bank statement Oct 2019 (Current, joint owned)
- Joint council tax March 2020 (Current, joint owned)
- Sponsor's bank statement August 2020 (Current, joint owned)
- Partner's store card letter August 2020 (Current, joint owned)
- Sponsor's life insurance letter January 2021 (Current, joint owned)
- Partner's store card letter January 2021 (Current,  joint owned)
(We haven't recieved any June 2021 letters yet, will that be an issue?) if you have anything you can include, I would, otherwise it should be okay
- Letter confirming residence, Mother's address dated 1st April 2021, signed w/ wet ink
- Letter confirming residence by my brother, current address when we joint owned it, dated 1st April 2021, signed w/ wet ink

Finances
- Latest P60
- Employment contract
- Letter from work dated 29th March 2021, printed with company letter head, signed w/ wet ink, stating:
-- My Name
-- My Address
-- Original start date
-- Job role
-- Permanent contract
-- Weekly hours
-- Old salary before 5th April 2021
-- Current Salary

- Bank statements August 2020 to April 2021
- Weekly Digital Payslips printed 29th Oct 2020 to 22nd April 2021
- Letter from work dated 22nd April 2021, printed with company letter head, signed w/ wet ink, stating printed payslips are certified to be true copy of the original document seen by me (HR), which are emailed weekly

I think that's everything? Are any of our documents outdated now?

Yes. All of your financial documents are now out of date.

The 6 months you use must end NO MORE than 28 days before the date you submit your online application.

So, the most recent payslip, bank statement and your employer letter must be dated within the last 28 days.

So you will need the following payslips and bank statements:
- November
- December
- January
- February
- March
- April
- May

(Or December to June payslips and bank statements you apply at the beginning of July)

And you will need a new employer letter dated in June 2021, and your new May 2021 P60.

Considering the brp expires in less than a month we were thinking it's probably a good idea to pay for super priorty just incase it gets rejected?

As long as you submit the online application before July 3rd, your immigration status will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave while your visa is processing... so you don’t need to pay for Super Priority if you don’t want to.

In fact, Super Priority was suspended for a year due to Covid and is now only being offered to a limited number of applicants... so you may not have the option to purchase it anyway, if too many people have already purchased it at the time you apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 05:28:40 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2021, 05:50:50 PM »
Thank you so much, we definitely would have missed these!

- Part 1 consent to checks form signed by applicant part of online application
- Part 2 consent to checks form signed by sponsor part of online application
- sponsor’s declaration signed by sponsor part of online application
Do we need to type > print > sign > scan Part 1 and Part 2 as well as my declaration?

And you will need a new employer letter dated in June 2021, and your new May 2021 P60.

Thank you, I was worried this was the case. I was only given one P60 for tax year 5th April 2021, emailed to me which I printed off, will this be ok?

As long as you submit the online application before July 3rd, your immigration status will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave while your visa is processing... so you don’t need to pay for Super Priority if you don’t want to.

In fact, Super Priority was suspended for a year due to Covid and is now only being offered to a limited number of applicants... so you may not have the option to purchase it anyway, if too many people have already purchased it at the time you apply.
Thanks for the heads up. What would happen if we did submit it normally and they came back to us after 3rd July and rejected the application? Would my partner have to immediately fly back to america? I'm just worried about that and if possible fork out hte extra priority and fix anything we get wrong on the application.

We're aiming to send this application off this week ideally

Also I noticed you didn't mention about scanning every document only a select few in blue. Is it assumed that everything needs to be scanned or do we need to send these documents off physically?

Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2021, 06:16:28 PM »
Thank you so much, we definitely would have missed these!
Do we need to type > print > sign > scan Part 1 and Part 2 as well as my declaration?

Yes’s As far as I know you print them out, sign them, and scan them in.

Thank you, I was worried this was the case. I was only given one P60 for tax year 5th April 2021, emailed to me which I printed off, will this be ok?

That’s the only one you get... it’s valid for the tax year April 2020-April 2021 and is usually issued by companies by May 31st... hence the reason I said the new one issued in May, since at the time you gathered your financial documents you would not have been issued the new one for 2021 yet.

Thanks for the heads up. What would happen if we did submit it normally and they came back to us after 3rd July and rejected the application? Would my partner have to immediately fly back to america? I'm just worried about that and if possible fork out hte extra priority and fix anything we get wrong on the application.

If the visa was to be refused (which is unlikely as long as you send all the required documents and meet the financial requirement), they would first look to see if your partner qualifies to be granted an FLR(FP) visa on the 10-year route to ILR.

If they determined that they were not eligible for the 10-year route, your partner would be given 14 days to either:
- lodge an appeal/administrative review from inside the UK
- reapply for the visa from inside the U.K.
- leave the UK and return to the US

Also I noticed you didn't mention about scanning every document only a select few in blue. Is it assumed that everything needs to be scanned or do we need to send these documents off physically?

Every single document you include must be scanned in full... nothing is mailed anywhere.

I just put those comments in blue to emphasise that every single page of the passports specifically must be scanned, as for some visas you only need the photo page.

You can either scan and upload everything yourself at home, or when you book biometrics you can purchase the document scanning service for about £50 (or book an Enhanced appointment) and they will scan and upload everything for you at your appointment.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 06:29:22 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2021, 12:09:05 PM »
Yes’s As far as I know you print them out, sign them, and scan them in.

That’s the only one you get... it’s valid for the tax year April 2020-April 2021 and is usually issued by companies by May 31st... hence the reason I said the new one issued in May, since at the time you gathered your financial documents you would not have been issued the new one for 2021 yet.

If the visa was to be refused (which is unlikely as long as you send all the required documents and meet the financial requirement), they would first look to see if your partner qualifies to be granted an FLR(FP) visa on the 10-year route to ILR.

If they determined that they were not eligible for the 10-year route, your partner would be given 14 days to either:
- lodge an appeal/administrative review from inside the UK
- reapply for the visa from inside the U.K.
- leave the UK and return to the US

Every single document you include must be scanned in full... nothing is mailed anywhere.

I just put those comments in blue to emphasise that every single page of the passports specifically must be scanned, as for some visas you only need the photo page.

You can either scan and upload everything yourself at home, or when you book biometrics you can purchase the document scanning service for about £50 (or book an Enhanced appointment) and they will scan and upload everything for you at your appointment.

Thank you so much, I think we might go down the route of uploading ourselves but pay for the document checking service.

Thought just popped up into my head, do we need to include a copy of the following, since we used it in our FLR M?

- Marriage Certificate (showing partners current name)
- Documents proving partner's name change and previous name
- Expired passport that shows previous name and proof of entry into the country back in 2016 (could scan all these pages too maybe?)

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2021, 12:31:03 PM »
Thank you so much, I think we might go down the route of uploading ourselves but pay for the document checking service.

Thought just popped up into my head, do we need to include a copy of the following, since we used it in our FLR M?

- Marriage Certificate (showing partners current name)
- Documents proving partner's name change and previous name
- Expired passport that shows previous name and proof of entry into the country back in 2016 (could scan all these pages too maybe?)
Yes, the requirements are the same for each application.

Your marriage certificate is mandatory for all of your applications.

If partner’s name change was by deed poll and not just a simple married name change, then I would include the documents again.

All passports held by your partner since moving to the UK must be scanned and included.

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2021, 12:56:26 PM »
Yes, the requirements are the same for each application.

Your marriage certificate is mandatory for all of your applications.

If partner’s name change was by deed poll and not just a simple married name change, then I would include the documents again.

All passports held by your partner since moving to the UK must be scanned and included.

So glad I asked we would have left them out! Thank you. I can't think of anything else so I think that's all the documents.

Going to scan everything now and scan the updated letters hopefully tomorrow. Might be able to submit the application tomorrow I think, so nervous!

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2021, 05:51:43 PM »
Hey so just going through the set m application and just need some clarity on the home details section please. Dyslexia isn't helping us with these questions

The question Do you own or rent your home?

I (Sponor) own the place we live in. It's solely in my name on the mortgage and deed, but me and my partner are both on the council tax.

Since my partner is doing the application, does he put I Own or I Neither Rent Nor Own?

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2021, 05:52:36 PM »
Hey so just going through the set m application and just need some clarity on the home details section please. Dyslexia isn't helping us with these questions

I (Sponor) own the place we live in. It's solely in my name on the mortgage and deed, but me and my partner are both on the council tax.

Since my partner is doing the application, does he put I Own or I Neither Rent Nor Own?

Sorry forgot to mention as well, the mortgage comes out of our joint account if that makes any difference

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2021, 06:07:17 PM »

You put ‘I Own’.

The options mean:

‘I rent’ : you and your partner rent the home you live in (one or both of you are named on the tenancy)

‘I own’: you and/or your partner own the home you live in (one or both of you are named on the Land Registry/mortgage)

‘I neither rent nor own’: you and your partner live with family or friends in a house that they own. You are a guest in their home.

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2021, 06:27:18 PM »
You put ‘I Own’.

The options mean:

‘I rent’ : you and your partner rent the home you live in (one or both of you are named on the tenancy)

‘I own’: you and/or your partner own the home you live in (one or both of you are named on the Land Registry/mortgage)

‘I neither rent nor own’: you and your partner live with family or friends in a house that they own. You are a guest in their home.

Thank you so much :-)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab