Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?  (Read 13717 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2021, 09:48:42 AM »
Couldn't get it paid yesterday but today might be the day

Sorry just one more quick question. So we use out joint account to prove my financial requirements.

The bank printed our May statement but it didn't have an issue date and only had my name on it since it was through my card, which is fine for proving the income.

Today we just got that same bank same, with the 2nd June issue date and both our names on it.

Question is, can I use both statements, first one for the proof of financial requirements and the second for proof of cohabitation in the month on June?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2021, 10:40:26 AM »
Couldn't get it paid yesterday but today might be the day

Sorry just one more quick question. So we use out joint account to prove my financial requirements.

The bank printed our May statement but it didn't have an issue date and only had my name on it since it was through my card, which is fine for proving the income.

Today we just got that same bank same, with the 2nd June issue date and both our names on it.

Question is, can I use both statements, first one for the proof of financial requirements and the second for proof of cohabitation in the month on June?

I would not use the first one at all because it does not have either an issue date or both your names on it and may not meet the exact formatting requirements for the finances.

I would use the second one for both the financial requirement and the cohabitation document. All you need to do is scan it in once, and upload it twice - once to the Finances section and once to the Residence in the UK section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2021, 10:50:12 AM »
I would not use the first one at all because it does not have either an issue date or both your names on it and may not meet the exact formatting requirements for the finances.

I would use the second one for both the financial requirement and the cohabitation document. All you need to do is scan it in once, and upload it twice - once to the Finances section and once to the Residence in the UK section.

Brilliant thank you, I'll do that!

Not sure if it makes a difference btw, but in the FLR the bank printed the statement (proof of finance) as a just a standard text and they stamped each page as a certified. This time round they said they dont do the stamps anymore because they now print everything in thr same layout as the letters sent with the logo letterhead included

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2021, 02:43:16 PM »
Application submitted and BRP appointment booked EEK! So nervous/excited haha.   :)

Now we just need to upload our documents and trying to decipher which documents to upload onto which categories

These are all our documents scanned and ready to upload

Application documents

•   Part 1 consent to checks form signed by applicant part of online application
  •   Part 2 consent to checks form signed by sponsor part of online application
  •   Sponsor’s declaration signed by sponsor part of online application
  •   Sponsor’s written declaration letter signed by sponsor
Proof of Identity/Travel History

• Partner's Passport scan of every page
  • Partner's BRP (expires 3rd July 2021)
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Partner's OLD Passport scan of every page
  • Partner's proof of name change
  • Sponsor's Passport  scan of every page
Proof of Accommodation

• Land Registry document
  • Mortgage confirmation letter (1st March 2021 onwards, solely owned by me)
  • Latest council tax letter
Proof of Cohabitation
  • Sponsor's bank statement Dec 2018 (Mother's address)
  • Partner's pension letter Jan 2019 (Mother's address)
  • Joint gas bill May 2019 (Current address when I joint owned with my brother)
  • Joint bank statement Oct 2019 (Current, joint owned)
  • Joint council tax March 2020 (Current, joint owned)
  • Sponsor's bank statement August 2020 (Current, joint owned)
  • Partner's store card letter August 2020 (Current, joint owned)
  • Sponsor's life insurance letter January 2021 (Current, joint owned)
  • Partner's store card letter January 2021 (Current,  joint owned)
  • Joint bank statement June 2021 (Current,  solely owned by me)
  • Letter confirming residence, Mother's address dated 1st April 2021, signed w/ wet ink
  • Letter confirming residence by my brother, current address when we joint owned it, dated 1st April 2021, signed w/ wet ink

Proof of Finances

•   Latest P60
  •   Employment contract
  •   Letter from work dated 7th June 2021, printed with company letter head, signed w/ wet ink, stating:

-- My Name
   -- My Address
   -- Original start date
   -- Job role
   -- Permanent contract
   -- Weekly hours
   -- Old salary before 5th April 2021
   -- Current Salary

Bank statements

• November 2020
  • December 2020
  • January 2021
  • February 2021
  • March 2021
  • April 2021
  • May 2021

Payslips
Weekly Digital Payslips

• October 29, 2020
  • November 5, 2020
  • November 12, 2020
  • November 19, 2020
  • November 26, 2020
  • December 3, 2020
  • December 10, 2020
  • December 17, 2020
  • December 24, 2020
  • December 31, 2020
  • January 7, 2021
  • January 14, 2021
  • January 21, 2021
  • January 28, 2021
  • February 4, 2021
  • February 11, 2021
  • February 18, 2021
  • February 25, 2021
  • March 4, 2021
  • March 11, 2021
  • March 18, 2021
  • March 25, 2021
  • April 1, 2021
  • April 8, 2021
  • April 15, 2021
  • April 22, 2021
  • April 29, 2021
  • May 6, 2021
  • May 13, 2021
  • May 20, 2021
  • May 27, 2021
  • June 3, 2021

• Letter from work dated 7th June 2021, printed with company letter head, signed w/ wet ink, stating printed payslips are certified to be true copy of the original document seen by me (HR), which are emailed weekly

Everything is in individual pdf files except for the follow, is that ok? :

- All of the proof of cohabitation (merged into a single file
- All of the payslips (merged into a single file)

Preparing for ILR SET (M) application - things have changed?
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2021, 03:35:11 PM »
Application submitted and BRP appointment booked EEK! So nervous/excited haha.   :)

Now we just need to upload our documents and trying to decipher which documents to upload onto which categories

I already listed exactly which documents go in which upload categories earlier in this thread.

Again, they are:

Application documents

• Partner's Passport scan of every page
  • Partner's OLD Passport scan of every page
  •   Part 1 consent to checks form signed by applicant part of online application
  •   Part 2 consent to checks form signed by sponsor part of online application
  •   Sponsor’s declaration signed by sponsor part of online application
  •   Sponsor’s written declaration letter signed by sponsor
Proof of Identity/Travel History

• Partner's BRP (expires 3rd July 2021)
  • Sponsor's Passport  scan of every page
Residence in the UK
Proof of Accommodation

• Land Registry document
  • Mortgage confirmation letter (1st March 2021 onwards, solely owned by me)
  • Latest council tax letter
Proof of Cohabitation
  • Sponsor's bank statement Dec 2018 (Mother's address)
  • Partner's pension letter Jan 2019 (Mother's address)
  • Joint gas bill May 2019 (Current address when I joint owned with my brother)
  • Joint bank statement Oct 2019 (Current, joint owned)
  • Joint council tax March 2020 (Current, joint owned)
  • Sponsor's bank statement August 2020 (Current, joint owned)
  • Partner's store card letter August 2020 (Current, joint owned)
  • Sponsor's life insurance letter January 2021 (Current, joint owned)
  • Partner's store card letter January 2021 (Current,  joint owned)
  • Joint bank statement June 2021 (Current,  solely owned by me)
  • Letter confirming residence, Mother's address dated 1st April 2021, signed w/ wet ink
  • Letter confirming residence by my brother, current address when we joint owned it, dated 1st April 2021, signed w/ wet ink
Finances

•   Latest P60
  •   Employment contract
  •   Letter from work dated 7th June 2021, printed with company letter head, signed w/ wet ink, stating:

-- My Name
   -- My Address
   -- Original start date
   -- Job role
   -- Permanent contract
   -- Weekly hours
   -- Old salary before 5th April 2021
   -- Current Salary
Bank statements If your first payslip is dated October 29th, you must include the October bank statement as well, which shows the deposit of the Oct 29th payslip, otherwise the visa will be refused... unless the last 3 days of October are already covered on the November bank statement?

• November 2020
  • December 2020
  • January 2021
  • February 2021
  • March 2021
  • April 2021
  • May 2021
your last bank statement must ALSO cover the June 3rd payslip deposit as well, otherwise the visa will be refused
Payslips
Weekly Digital Payslips
  • October 29, 2020
  • November 5, 2020
  • November 12, 2020
  • November 19, 2020
  • November 26, 2020
  • December 3, 2020
  • December 10, 2020
  • December 17, 2020
  • December 24, 2020
  • December 31, 2020
  • January 7, 2021
  • January 14, 2021
  • January 21, 2021
  • January 28, 2021
  • February 4, 2021
  • February 11, 2021
  • February 18, 2021
  • February 25, 2021
  • March 4, 2021
  • March 11, 2021
  • March 18, 2021
  • March 25, 2021
  • April 1, 2021
  • April 8, 2021
  • April 15, 2021
  • April 22, 2021
  • April 29, 2021
  • May 6, 2021
  • May 13, 2021
  • May 20, 2021
  • May 27, 2021
  • June 3, 2021
  • Letter from work dated 7th June 2021, printed with company letter head, signed w/ wet ink, stating printed payslips are certified to be true copy of the original document seen by me (HR), which are emailed weekly
Other

• Marriage Certificate
  • Partner's proof of name change
Everything is in individual pdf files except for the follow, is that ok? :[/color]
- All of the proof of cohabitation (merged into a single file
- All of the payslips (merged into a single file)

Every single document should be in a separate file, clearly labelled, so each one can be easily identified, and no files can be bigger than 6MB, as per the instructions on the UKVCAS FAQ (https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq):

How do I prepare my documents to upload onto the UKVCAS website?

Follow these guidelines to upload documents to the UKVCAS website:

- Documents must be in PDF (preferred), JPG or PNG format
- The file name should be simple e.g. bank-statement-Apr-2018.pdf
- File names must not contain special characters: for example #, ë, or words separated by dots (e.g. bank.statement.apr.2018.pdf)
- Do not upload any password protected documents as the UKVI cannot open them
- Documents must not have a file size larger than 6MB. To minimise the file size:
we recommend scanning in black and white or greyscale and not in colour
- Keep the resolution between 150 dpi (dots per inch) to 300 dpi.

For example:
Payslip_05_11_2020.pdf
Payslip_12_11_2020.pdf
And
Cohabitation_joint_gas_bill_May2019.pdf
Cohabitation_joint_council_tax_March2020.pdf

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2021, 04:24:26 PM »
If your first payslip is dated October 29th, you must include the October bank statement as well, which shows the deposit of the Oct 29th payslip, otherwise the visa will be refused... unless the last 3 days of October are already covered on the November bank statement?

• November 2020
  • December 2020
  • January 2021
  • February 2021
  • March 2021
  • April 2021
  • May 2021
your last bank statement must ALSO cover the June 3rd payslip deposit as well, otherwise the visa will be refused

Thank you so much that makes more sense to me now and sorry for making you repeat yourself!

I'll rescan the passports, since they're 18MB +
I pre-emptively scanned Oct 2020 bankstatment so I can account for the 29th Oct payslip

June 3rd payslip isn't covered in the May 2021 bank statement, it's cut off on June 2nd :(. The only thing I can do is on the banking app get the June 2021 statement and print/scan it as a pdf. Only issue with that is there's no issue date. It has the following though:

- Letterhead with bank logo
- My name and address (doesn't mention partner)
- states "Document Requested by" followed by my name and address
- states "(Address last updated 01 Mar 2021)"
- statement date June 1st to June 9th

Would this statement be good enough?

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2021, 04:54:53 PM »
Thank you so much that makes more sense to me now and sorry for making you repeat yourself!

I'll rescan the passports, since they're 18MB +
I pre-emptively scanned Oct 2020 bankstatment so I can account for the 29th Oct payslip

June 3rd payslip isn't covered in the May 2021 bank statement, it's cut off on June 2nd :(. The only thing I can do is on the banking app get the June 2021 statement and print/scan it as a pdf. Only issue with that is there's no issue date. It has the following though:

- Letterhead with bank logo
- My name and address (doesn't mention partner)
- states "Document Requested by" followed by my name and address
- states "(Address last updated 01 Mar 2021)"
- statement date June 1st to June 9th

Would this statement be good enough?

Not on its own, no, because if you print it yourself it must be stamped by your bank branch.

You have 3 options:

1) print out a partial June bank statement from online banking, take it to the bank and get them to stamp it on EVERY page (it MUST be stamped or it will not meet the requirements)

2) go into the bank and ask them to print out a partial statement covering the first few days of June. This does not need to be stamped.

3) take out the June 3rd payslip completely and use only October 29th to May 27th payslips for the financial requirement... but this may mean getting a new employer letter that doesn’t include the June 3rd payslip in their payslip verification

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2021, 05:11:29 PM »
Not on its own, no, because if you print it yourself it must be stamped by your bank branch.

You have 3 options:

1) print out a partial June bank statement from online banking, take it to the bank and get them to stamp it on EVERY page (it MUST be stamped or it will not meet the requirements)

2) go into the bank and ask them to print out a partial statement covering the first few days of June. This does not need to be stamped.

3) take out the June 3rd payslip completely and use only October 29th to May 27th payslips for the financial requirement... but this may mean getting a new employer letter that doesn’t include the June 3rd payslip in their payslip verification

That's the weird thing this time around, the bank has told me they don't do stamps any more and what they print in the bank is apparently exactly the same as what I would download. I'm not sure how true that is, but that's what they said at my local branch. I might try and go there and get a print out to compare see if that holds up.

Your 3rd point has got me a little worried with the verification now. HR sent me a printout of all my payslips and P60 and then sent an accompanying letter stating the following printed with the company letterhead/logo:

7th June 2022

To Whom this may concern

The attached P60 and payslips are certified to be a true copy of the original document seen by me, where the pay slips are emailed each week and the P60 was emailed on the 9th April 2021.

[HR Name]
HR Administrator

[Company Name and Address]

All pay slips were printed on the 7thJune 2021.

If you would like to contact me regarding he above or any queries, my direct number is [HR Number] or my email address is [HR Email].

Kind regards

[HR Name]
HR Administrator

She signed the letter itself with wet ink. I did mention that for the FLR (M), the HR person there had printed out the payslips and signed every individual payslip with wet ink, but she said the single letter stating he above was more than enough. I worry because the letter itself doesn't individually address each payslip date but your 3rd point is making me think that it is supposed to?

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2021, 05:22:27 PM »
That's the weird thing this time around, the bank has told me they don't do stamps any more and what they print in the bank is apparently exactly the same as what I would download. I'm not sure how true that is, but that's what they said at my local branch. I might try and go there and get a print out to compare see if that holds up.

As long as it’s printed by the bank in-branch, it is considered original and official, and does not need to be stamped.

The requirements for bank statements are/

- if you print them at home yourself they must be stamped/verified by the bank to make your you didn’t tamper with/forge them

- if they have been issued/printed by the bank they are considered original and official

Your 3rd point has got me a little worried with the verification now. HR sent me a printout of all my payslips and P60 and then sent an accompanying letter stating the following printed with the company letterhead/logo:

7th June 2022

To Whom this may concern

The attached P60 and payslips are certified to be a true copy of the original document seen by me, where the pay slips are emailed each week and the P60 was emailed on the 9th April 2021.

[HR Name]
HR Administrator

[Company Name and Address]

All pay slips were printed on the 7thJune 2021.

If you would like to contact me regarding he above or any queries, my direct number is [HR Number] or my email address is [HR Email].

Kind regards

[HR Name]
HR Administrator

She signed the letter itself with wet ink. I did mention that for the FLR (M), the HR person there had printed out the payslips and signed every individual payslip with wet ink, but she said the single letter stating he above was more than enough. I worry because the letter itself doesn't individually address each payslip date but your 3rd point is making me think that it is supposed to?

Normally we recommend having each payslip verified, but your letter sounds okay so I wouldn’t worry about it.

The payslip requirements are:

- official payslips that have been handed to you or mailed to you by your employer
Or
- electronic payslips that are accompanied by a letter from the employer, on company letterhead and signed by a senior official, confirming their authenticity

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2021, 05:30:54 PM »
As long as it’s printed by the bank in-branch, it is considered original and official, and does not need to be stamped.

The requirements for bank statements are/

- if you print them at home yourself they must be stamped/verified by the bank to make your you didn’t tamper with/forge them

- if they have been issued/printed by the bank they are considered original and official

Normally we recommend having each payslip verified, but your letter sounds okay so I wouldn’t worry about it.

The payslip requirements are:

- official payslips that have been handed to you or mailed to you by your employer
Or
- electronic payslips that are accompanied by a letter from the employer, on company letterhead and signed by a senior official, confirming their authenticity

Phew thank you for clarifying, I was panicking for a while there. Considering the letter from HR, shall I just scrap the June 3rd payslip so that there's no need to grab the June bank statement?

Sorry again for asking so many questions, I hope i'm not annoying you

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2021, 05:44:40 PM »
Phew thank you for clarifying, I was panicking for a while there. Considering the letter from HR, shall I just scrap the June 3rd payslip so that there's no need to grab the June bank statement?

Sorry again for asking so many questions, I hope i'm not annoying you
Yeah, that’s probably easiest, as you don’t actually need the June 3rd one in order to meet the requirement.

« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2021, 06:46:06 PM »
Yeah, that’s probably easiest, as you don’t actually need the June 3rd one in order to meet the requirement.

Thank you so much, I can't express how grateful I am :)

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2021, 03:48:20 PM »
Biometric appointment attended and completed today, everything is all done! Now we wait!

Thanks for all your help everyone we truly appreciate it.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2021, 07:26:42 PM »
Good luck!  :)

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2021, 08:30:09 PM »
Is there any way to find out the status of the application. So nerve wracking that it's coming up to 2 months since sending off the application

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab