Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about FLR  (Read 1764 times)

• Liked: 250
Questions about FLR
« on: April 13, 2021, 05:13:07 PM »
Hi all! I can't believe it's already time for me to do this again...but it's been 2.5 years and I'm due to do FLR.

I've compiled a list of things, and I have all of these things in my possession. This is a last minute check to make sure I'm not missing something obvious, or to ensure I've got my dates right.

My current BRP expires on 10 May, so I'm looking to do my application this weekend or this coming week. I thought 30 months in the UK was April, apparently it was March. Oops! It worked out in the end, as I went back to work on 31 March and I was able to get everything done for my employer letter on site in one day instead of doing everything through the post/e-mails.

That being said, I've lurked on the forum, my list of documents from my first visa, and the official uk.gov website. I'd appreciate if you notice anything I have left out or possibly don't need. I am also unfamiliar with the new digital way of doing things. If anyone can explain exactly how the process works now, I would be grateful. I will highlight things I'm unsure about in blue.

Here is what I've got:
- Me (USC) and husband (UKC) filing for my FLR(M)

- I entered the UK on 05-September-2018

- Current BRP was issued on 03-August-2018 and it is is valid until 10-May-2021

I have originals of everything and will of course make copies/scan/upload them as necessary.

Applicant:
-Passport photocopy (Do I scan every page?)

-Scan of current BRP

-Do I need to provide anything about my previous application? If so, what?

-Signed online applications (Do we still have to do this? Is it meant to be printed and then signed/uploaded? Or, is it an electronic signature?)

-National insurance number (I have the original documentation that gave me my NIN)

- Partner's UK passport photocopy (Do I scan every page?)

- Signed sponsor's declaration (I am sponsoring myself financially, but am I correct in assuming my husband is still the official sponsor and I still need a letter from him?)

-Reference Number for IHS surcharge payment (This was in my list from last year. As things are not being sent in the post this time, I am unsure if this is still necessary?)

Financial Requirements:
-6 full month's of pay slips (I may have too many but I am paranoid)
27 AUGUST 2020
29 SEPTEMBER
29 OCTOBER
27 NOVEMBER
22 DECEMBER 2020
28 JANUARY 2021
25 FEBRUARY 2021
30 MARCH 2021

My payslips are electronic, and I printed them out and got a letter of authentication from payroll with a stamp and signature to prove that they are genuine, and it lists the date of each payslip/in the bank account, gross pay and net pay for each. The date on this document is 7 April 2021

- 6 full month's of bank statements (Again, I may have too many but I am paranoid)
1 AUG- 31 AUG 2020
1 SEP- 30 SEP 2020
1 OCT- 31 OCT 2020
1 NOV- 30 NOV 2020
1 DEC- 31 DEC 2020
1 JAN- 31 JAN 2021
1 FEB- 28 FEB 2021
1 MAR- 31 MAR 2021
1 APR-13 APR (I got them printed and stamped today)

Even though I was meticulous in keeping all of my posted statements, I must've overlooked some because I was missing two. I went to the bank and got them printed and they stamped each page of each statement for authenticity.

- Letter from employer, dated 7 April 2021:
Confirming I work there
Current employment and salary
Current job title and salary
Length of employment
Length of time earning current salary
Previous salary
Length of time earning previous salary
Type of employment
Type of contract

-Job contract

- Latest P60

Residence in the UK/Accommodation:
- Current tenancy agreement (we renewed in November)

- Latest council tax bill

Proof of Relationship:
- Marriage certificate

-your relationship with your partner (we are still going through what to provide for this. We've been in lockdown for over a year and have not really taken any photos together/gone anywhere and since we live together we've not written letters to each other like we did for the first visa. Would you all suggest printing portions or screenshots of our text conversations and call logs? We do have a couple of photos together we thought of using, though so we aren't without photos.)

Cohabitation:
- 6 items of original mail under joint names spread evenly over the last 2 years from 3 different sources
We've got a joint bank account, council tax bills and several of our bills have both of our names. Would this suffice?

I do not understand how biometrics works since everything is done digitally. Last time I submitted the online application, made a biometrics appointment, went to it, got the document I printed from the application stamped and included it in the massive package of documents I sent in the post. I am so confused how it is done now. Also, is my passport and current BRP not sent in the post at all?

Thanks for reading through all of this, I've tried to be as thorough as possible before posting this, but I wanted a last minute check before we do the online application and start uploading things. I've got everything dated within 28 days of the online application date (which as I said should be this week or next), I made sure all of my bank statements and payslips are at least 6 months and match up, and I've gotten everything stamped and authenticated.

I can't believe I am doing this again!  :P
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Questions about FLR
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 06:33:19 PM »
I’ll look through in detail in a bit but biometrics are still a separate appointment. Usually several weeks out and cost a bit. On the low end £70, high end I think about £300.   ::)

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 06:41:15 PM »
I’ll look through in detail in a bit but biometrics are still a separate appointment. Usually several weeks out and cost a bit. On the low end £70, high end I think about £300.   ::)

oh my goodness....well I was told there is a place in Oxford for biometrics which is super convenient. I don't mind paying, I just need to know when/where/how to send it if I have to.....so much has changed!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 06:45:23 PM »
And you don’t need photos or communication now.  That’s all replaced with the items of post to “prove” you live together.

• Liked: 3589
Questions about FLR
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 07:02:58 PM »
Welcome back :).

Applicant:
-Passport photocopy (Do I scan every page?)

Yes, you scan every page.

Also, if you have renewed your passport since arriving in the UK, you need to include the old one as well (scan of every page).

-Do I need to provide anything about my previous application? If so, what?

No, you just provide your current BRP card.

-Signed online applications (Do we still have to do this? Is it meant to be printed and then signed/uploaded? Or, is it an electronic signature?)

No, this is not required, as the application is done online only now.

-National insurance number (I have the original documentation that gave me my NIN)

You do not need this... or at least you don’t need any documentation for it. You may be asked to enter your NI number on the online application though.

- Partner's UK passport photocopy (Do I scan every page?)

Yes, scan every page.

- Signed sponsor's declaration (I am sponsoring myself financially, but am I correct in assuming my husband is still the official sponsor and I still need a letter from him?)

You do NOT need a sponsor letter for in-country applications.

However, the sponsor must sign the Sponsor Declaration, which is part of the online application, to confirm all his information is correct and true.

Also you and your sponsor must sign the Consent to Checks forms, which as also part of the online application. You sign Part 1 and he signs Part 2 (no one signs Part 3).

-Reference Number for IHS surcharge payment (This was in my list from last year. As things are not being sent in the post this time, I am unsure if this is still necessary?)

You will be asked for the reference number as part of the online application.

Financial Requirements:
-6 full month's of pay slips (I may have too many but I am paranoid)
27 AUGUST 2020
29 SEPTEMBER
29 OCTOBER
27 NOVEMBER
22 DECEMBER 2020
28 JANUARY 2021
25 FEBRUARY 2021
30 MARCH 2021

You do not need the August one, so take it out. The 6 months you must cover are September 30th to March 30th, and your September payslip will cover this.

My payslips are electronic, and I printed them out and got a letter of authentication from payroll with a stamp and signature to prove that they are genuine, and it lists the date of each payslip/in the bank account, gross pay and net pay for each. The date on this document is 7 April 2021

That's fine.

- 6 full month's of bank statements (Again, I may have too many but I am paranoid)
1 AUG- 31 AUG 2020
1 SEP- 30 SEP 2020
1 OCT- 31 OCT 2020
1 NOV- 30 NOV 2020
1 DEC- 31 DEC 2020
1 JAN- 31 JAN 2021
1 FEB- 28 FEB 2021
1 MAR- 31 MAR 2021
1 APR-13 APR (I got them printed and stamped today)

Again, take out the August one. It will not be considered or looked at

- Letter from employer, dated 7 April 2021:
Confirming I work there
Current employment and salary
Current job title and salary
Length of employment
Length of time earning current salary
Previous salary
Length of time earning previous salary
Type of employment
Type of contract

How long have you been earning your current salary (not including any period on furlough)? If you have been on your current salary for more than 6 months, then you do not need the previous salary in the letter, you just need:
- Current job title and salary
- Length of employment
- Length of time earning current salary
- Type of employment (this is the same as type of contract) - full or part time + permanent or temporary

If you have been on your current salary for less than 6 months, you need:
- Current job title and salary
- Length of employment
- Length of time earning current salary
- Previous salary
- Type of employment (this is the same as type of contract) - full or part time + permanent or temporary

-your relationship with your partner (we are still going through what to provide for this. We've been in lockdown for over a year and have not really taken any photos together/gone anywhere and since we live together we've not written letters to each other like we did for the first visa. Would you all suggest printing portions or screenshots of our text conversations and call logs? We do have a couple of photos together we thought of using, though so we aren't without photos.)

You don't need anything else for this as you already have it all in your list of documents.

For FLR(M), your relationship proof is simply:
- marriage certificate
- 6 cohabitation documents in each name

Cohabitation:
- 6 items of original mail under joint names spread evenly over the last 2 years from 3 different sources
We've got a joint bank account, council tax bills and several of our bills have both of our names. Would this suffice?

If you can give the following information, we can work out if your documents will suffice:
- issue date of each document
- type of document
- name(s) on each document

You need 1 item of mail in each name from each of the following months, from at least 3 sources. They must have all been received in the mail in the months they were issued:
March 2019
July 2019
November 2019
March 2020
July 2029
November 2020
March 2021

I do not understand how biometrics works since everything is done digitally. Last time I submitted the online application, made a biometrics appointment, went to it, got the document I printed from the application stamped and included it in the massive package of documents I sent in the post. I am so confused how it is done now. Also, is my passport and current BRP not sent in the post at all?

No, you do not mail anything at all now, and you keep your passport and BRP throughout the process

The process is:
- gather all your documents
- fill out the online application, paying the IHS surcharge as part of it
- submit the online application and pay for the visa
- wait for an email to register on the UKVCAS website
- register on the UKVCAS website
- book a biometrics appointment at either a Core or Enhanced UKVCAS centre
- upload all your documents to the UKVCAS website (or if you want UKVCAS to scan them for you at biometrics, you can add the document scanning service to your appointment)
- attend biometrics
- wait for your visa to be approved and your new BRP to be mailed to you
- return your old BRP to UKVI
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:12:03 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 07:23:14 PM »
What is the average wait time to schedule biometrics? I've got everything dated within 28 days of my application, which I know is what i'm supposed to do but I won't be waiting for weeks and weeks to upload the documents, right? My expiry is on 10 May, so I'm doing all of this now with weeks before the expiry date but now I'm feeling anxious.

Or, is it as long as I start and pay for my application within the allotted time frame? I'm just a little nervous about everything being dated properly and on time.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 07:27:13 PM by TeamTollie »

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 07:34:42 PM »
What is the average wait time to schedule biometrics? I've got everything dated within 28 days of my application, which I know is what i'm supposed to do but I won't be waiting for weeks and weeks to upload the documents, right? My expiry is on 10 May, so I'm doing all of this now with weeks before the expiry date but now I'm feeling anxious.

Or, is it as long as I start and pay for my application within the allotted time frame? I'm just a little nervous about everything being dated properly and on time.

The only thing you need to do is submit your online application before May 10th. Everything else can be done after May 10th, including biometrics.

As long as you have applied online before your visa expires, your immigration status and right to work in the U.K. will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave while your visa is processing.

It’s a bit hit and miss for biometrics appointments - I would say at least a couple of weeks, but maybe a month or more, to get an appointment.

Free appointments have been almost impossible to get for the last few months so it’s likely you will have to pay £110-130 for an ‘out of hours’ appointment if those are the only ones available. Another alternative is trying for an Enhanced appointment at an Enhanced centre for £69.99 which includes document checking and scanning.

Appointments are released 28 days ahead and people seem to have had some luck trying to book at or around midnight when they are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 09:18:18 PM »

Your employer letter, most recent payslip, and most recent bank statement just needs to be within 28 days before you submit your application (and pay for it).  Your biometrics can be outside that 28-day window.  Paying for and submitting your application 'stops the clock'.  (Also, be sure to submit your application before your current visa expires, but it looks like you're already on top of that.)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 52
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 10:19:59 AM »
I am sorry to jump on this thread @TeamTollie but we are a few weeks behind you and I am really grateful for your post as it is helping me.
Quick question though, for the cohabitation pieces if it is a bank statement that is several pages long do they need every page of it or just the front that has the names and addresses and date on?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 10:24:58 AM »
I am sorry to jump on this thread @TeamTollie but we are a few weeks behind you and I am really grateful for your post as it is helping me.
Quick question though, for the cohabitation pieces if it is a bank statement that is several pages long do they need every page of it or just the front that has the names and addresses and date on?

Provide it all.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 05:11:18 PM »

Nothing brings me more joy than knowing my experience with this has helped someone else and made their life a little easier :D This entire process is really stressful and can be quite lonely. Having this forum makes it much less so!

I finally did my online app, all that's left is to upload my docs (once I get a working scanner) and to attend my biometrics (which I paid £140 for) on 15 May. Then, I wait! Best of luck with yours x

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 09:01:17 PM »
It defo helps having people to ask. It is so anxiety inducing for me as I'm sure it is for many.
Well done you! The waiting is the worst part! Best of luck x

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 07:35:23 PM »
Hi everyone. I've got biometrics in a few days, but I was going to try and upload all my docs tonight so I don't have to do it the day of and it gives me a bit of time to scramble if I'm missing one of these. I have gone over the checklist 100 times and everything checks out.

I only have a question about the "joint" Documents. These documents have both of our names on them, they are from at least 3 sources.

I have more than 6 in this list because we are unsure if the e-signature from the tenancy agreements are sufficient. If if it's not, we have a few other bills to choose from. Other than the tenancy agreements, everything was mailed and has either our previous address and current address.

Right now we have:

Joint bank statement: 21 October 2018
Joint bank statement: 21 December 2019
Joint bank statement: 21 June 2020
Joint bank statement: 21 March 2021
I was not sure if using 4 bank statements was too many.

Tenancy Agreement (from our first house) 2018. This was signed via docusign or "e-signature"
Tenancy Agreement (our current house, but last year's agreement) 2019. This was signed via docusign or "e-signature"

Joint water bill: 6 April 2020

Council Tax bill 2019/20
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 08:21:37 PM by TeamTollie »

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 04:57:07 PM »
I did my biometrics and my application is done. I went over everything at biometrics and it checked out, so now I wait :)

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2021, 05:09:01 PM »
Whoohoo well done! My biometric appointment is june 5 (4 weeks after submission date) and actually the date my visa expires. So nerve wracking. Let us know when you get your answer! Would love to know what the turn around is:)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab