Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: If this is your second time around....  (Read 4945 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: If this is your second time around....
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 10:52:17 AM »
My husband has a harder time vocalizing his troubling emotions--stiff upper lip and all. ;)

My ex dwelled on them all the time hence his current status.

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 10:56:24 AM »
Aw Lisa, thats so sweet. I really believe that everyone has a soulmate and it doesnt matter where in the world they live. If you are meant to be together you will. Some how it all works out.

I never knew happiness like I have now. I thought my passed relationship was normal and all wives were supposed to be miserable. I count my blessings each day for all I have.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »
I was married to SATAN the first time around -- and that was ENOUGH of he££ for me! [smiley=behead.gif]

This time -- it's MUCH better.  He talks to me and INCLUDES me into his life -- which is all so very new to me.  I'm still trying to get used to the attentiveness and CARING. I was so used to being left to my own devices -- and if that wasn't good enough - tough titties said the kitty when the milk went dry!

I think age has alot to do with it too.  SATAN was (and still is!) very immature and all about the ME ME ME.  My hubs isn't like that -- he's more into the US (being we).  It would be nice to have a family with him -- but I just don't see it in our future. :\\\'(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 07:19:24 PM by driveupcoffee »

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 04:39:44 PM »
I was married to SATAN the first time around -- and that was ENOUGH of he££ for me! [smiley=behead.gif]

we must have married to the same beast!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 07:19:58 PM »

we must have married to the same beast!
Jeez I hope not -- I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE :o

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 08:21:14 PM »
I dont believe in soulmates, and think that marriage should be a contract up for renewal every 5 years.

This probably explains why i have been married 3 times!  ;D

My first DH was American... a spoilt, selfish, mummy's boy, over-achiever.   When i left ,he was upset, but it wasnt so much because his wife was leaving him, and more because it was the first time he had ever failed at anything and it pissed him off.

My 2nd DH was Scottish... a 'bad boy' with a drink problem.  But i have never had so much laughter, fun, excitement  and adventure in my life as i did the years i was with him.

My 3rd DH (also Scottish) is very quiet, steady, dependable and unadventurous.  But that suits the person i am now... i feel like i've had my wild days, and now want life to be calm and quiet.

Who knows what i will want in another 5 years?  ;) 

Hope that wasnt too much personal info... wouldnt want to shock you guys too much!   ;)

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 06:39:39 PM »
Although we're not married yet and I have never been married, I can say that this is the first boyfriend I have ever had that is so open, honest and caring about us. He genuinely is concerned about my well-being (sometimes to a fault) and is quite open about his feelings. It makes resolving any miscommunications or problems much easier.

These threads are so helpful b/c although I see marriage as a lot of work, I know it will be worthwhile in the future with this guy :)
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

• Dharma in the Dishes
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 09:12:31 AM »
My first husband was a redneck Arkansas bubba. He wasn't even a good ole boy. Good ole boys can be annoying, but they're pretty decent guys. Bubbas are the types who wear holey camo T-shirts and spend their days carrying bundles of roofing up ladders. For him, the coolest thing I ever did was learn to say, 'Holly 750 dual-line double pumper'. (A souped-up carburetor, by the way). Really, I have no idea why we got married. He was just an all around jerk and prat, but little Bible-belt me, I was trying to be a surrendered wife and make the best of it. Ugh.

My current hubby (British) is totally different. I can't make any sweeping generalisations about British men based on my relationship with him, because I think he is one of a kind. He's sooooo wonderful.

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 01:01:54 PM »
My first husband was a redneck Arkansas bubba. He wasn't even a good ole boy. Good ole boys can be annoying, but they're pretty decent guys. Bubbas are the types who wear holey camo T-shirts and spend their days carrying bundles of roofing up ladders. For him, the coolest thing I ever did was learn to say, 'Holly 750 dual-line double pumper'. (A souped-up carburetor, by the way). Really, I have no idea why we got married. He was just an all around jerk and prat, but little Bible-belt me, I was trying to be a surrendered wife and make the best of it. Ugh.

My current hubby (British) is totally different. I can't make any sweeping generalisations about British men based on my relationship with him, because I think he is one of a kind. He's sooooo wonderful.

It is good to know to the difference between a "Good Ole Boy and a Bubba) I think I have known both.  Very funny really!

Sponsored Links