Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) Questions...Proof of Cohabitation?  (Read 1477 times)

• Liked: 5
FLR (M) Questions...Proof of Cohabitation?
« on: April 20, 2021, 10:04:39 PM »
Hi, its that time!
I moved to the UK 2 January 2 2019 and my biometrics card expires September 2021.
Based on the 28 day rule I plan to apply around the 2nd week of May 2021.
I was hoping to get some help on a few questions, some of them seem so simple but I swear after giving birth to my son this year..I think I gave birth to my brain as well lol
-When do I begin my proof of cohabitation? The first month I moved to the UK, and then space them out roughly every 4 months? Or do I begin April 2019, and do every 4 month from that point forward?
-Will we need a housing report for as proof of adequate accommodation even though my husband owns the house?
-Am I right in thinking I dont need to include pictures and text messages as further proof of our relationship?
--Questions regarding the application--
-TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: I put down Family. Is that okay or should it be switched to settlement?
-Have you ever entered the UK using this name? I answered yes to having another name (my maiden name). I was then asked to answer if I ever entered the UK using that name. I wrote down yes, even though it was before my first visa application. It was back when my husband and I were dating and I was visiting under a visitor visa.
-What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold? Is it really a requirement to list all family? Would it be okay to just include my mother and sister. (My father lives in a different country) I also have no friends, so Im not sure how extensive the list needs to be.
-Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)? I applied for my spouse visa, and this is my first extension. I'm assuming my answer is Yes?
-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? Should I keep this short and to the point?
-Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type I picked First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

Thank you!

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR (M) Questions...Proof of Cohabitation?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 10:40:57 PM »
Hi, its that time!
I moved to the UK 2 January 2 2019 and my biometrics card expires September 2021.
Based on the 28 day rule I plan to apply around the 2nd week of May 2021.

If you arrived on 2nd January 2019, then you will not be eligible to apply until 4th June 2021. If you apply in May, it will be too early.

You can't apply until 28 days before you reach 30 months in the UK... and you won't reach 30 months until 2nd July, so the absolute earliest date you can submit your online application will be 4th June.

-When do I begin my proof of cohabitation? The first month I moved to the UK, and then space them out roughly every 4 months? Or do I begin April 2019, and do every 4 month from that point forward?

You count back 2 years from the date you apply online for FLR(M) and that's the period you have to cover.

So, if you will be applying in early June, then your cohabitation documents should be dated:
May 2019
September 2019
January 2020
May 2020
September 2020
January 2021
May 2021

-Will we need a housing report for as proof of adequate accommodation even though my husband owns the house?

No, housing reports are not required for any visas, unless you live in an HMO (multiple families living in the same property).

For the accommodation requirement, you need:
- Land Registry document
- Latest mortgage statement
- Latest council tax bill

-Am I right in thinking I dont need to include pictures and text messages as further proof of our relationship?

That's correct. You only need photos and messages as proof of a long-distance relationship, but as you have been living together for the last 2.5 years, your relationship proof will instead be:
- marriage certificate
- cohabitation documents

--Questions regarding the application--
-TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: I put down Family. Is that okay or should it be switched to settlement?

Technically could be either, but most people put Family.

-Have you ever entered the UK using this name? I answered yes to having another name (my maiden name). I was then asked to answer if I ever entered the UK using that name. I wrote down yes, even though it was before my first visa application. It was back when my husband and I were dating and I was visiting under a visitor visa.

I assume that's fine.

-What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold? Is it really a requirement to list all family? Would it be okay to just include my mother and sister. (My father lives in a different country) I also have no friends, so Im not sure how extensive the list needs to be.

You have to list every single family member and friend you have in the US.

So, you start with your mother and sister, then all extended family members in the UK, then all your friends in the US

This question will only be looked at if your visa falls for refusal and they have to look at whether you will be eligible to stay in the UK under Article 8 (they look to see if you have a support system in the US)

-Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)? I applied for my spouse visa, and this is my first extension. I'm assuming my answer is Yes?

No, this is the second time you have applied for a partner visa.

- The first time was your spousal visa.
- The second time is your FLR(M) extension

I believe it also asks if this is your first extension in-country, so for that one, you answer yes, as it's your first FLR(M) application.

-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? Should I keep this short and to the point?

List every single reason you can think of (but keep it fairly brief - just a sentence or two for each reason).

As above, this one will only be looked at if your visa falls for refusal, and they have to decide if you have a case to stay in the UK under Article 8... the first and most important thing they will look at is if you have any UK citizen children in the UK.

-Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type I picked First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

This is the question I mentioned just above about it being your first extension... so yes, that's the correct answer.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 10:10:06 PM »
Hi, thank you for all the help! I've got all the paper work together and was hoping to get your opinion on it.
I tried to follow the dates you gave as close as possible, which were:
May 2019
September 2019
January 2020
May 2020
September 2020
January 2021
May 2021

This is what I have:
-   May 19’ *Myself* -  Letter from GP telling me to book an app. for their NHS cervical screening programme.
-   May 19’ - *Husband* - A copy of a letter from the hospital to his GP. (He was C.C.ed)

-   Sep 19’ – Council Tax Bill in both our names.

-   Jan 20’ *Myself* – Bank Statement for Jan.
-   Jan 20’ *Husband* – British Gas Invoice

-   May 20’ – Water Bill in both our names.

-   Sep 20’ *Myself* - Credit Card Statement for Sep.
-   Sep 20’ *Husband* - Hospital Letter regarding an app. for his treatment.

-   Jan 21’ *Myself* – Bank Statement for Jan.
-   Jan 21’ *Husband* - Hospital Letter regarding an app. for his treatment.

-   May 21’ – I can use another bank statement for myself but the only thing I have for my husband dated May 21’ is a letter from Mercedes Benz about a safety recall saying they received their information from DVLA.  If that doesn’t work, is it possible to use our Apr 21’ water bill or our council tax from Jun 21’ in both our names as proof?

Also, my bank states dont have the date they were mailed out. They just state the time period it covers..for example, 6 Dec to 5 Jan 2021..is that okay?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 05:09:05 AM »
Hi, thank you for all the help! I've got all the paper work together and was hoping to get your opinion on it.
I tried to follow the dates you gave as close as possible, which were:
May 2019
September 2019
January 2020
May 2020
September 2020
January 2021
May 2021

This is what I have:
-   May 19’ *Myself* -  Letter from GP telling me to book an app. for their NHS cervical screening programme.
-   May 19’ - *Husband* - A copy of a letter from the hospital to his GP. (He was C.C.ed)

-   Sep 19’ – Council Tax Bill in both our names.

-   Jan 20’ *Myself* – Bank Statement for Jan.
-   Jan 20’ *Husband* – British Gas Invoice

-   May 20’ – Water Bill in both our names.

-   Sep 20’ *Myself* - Credit Card Statement for Sep.
-   Sep 20’ *Husband* - Hospital Letter regarding an app. for his treatment.

-   Jan 21’ *Myself* – Bank Statement for Jan.
-   Jan 21’ *Husband* - Hospital Letter regarding an app. for his treatment.

-   May 21’ – I can use another bank statement for myself but the only thing I have for my husband dated May 21’ is a letter from Mercedes Benz about a safety recall saying they received their information from DVLA.  If that doesn’t work, is it possible to use our Apr 21’ water bill or our council tax from Jun 21’ in both our names as proof?

Also, my bank states dont have the date they were mailed out. They just state the time period it covers..for example, 6 Dec to 5 Jan 2021..is that okay?

Looks good.

For the bank statements, that's ok but they will only count for the month of the most recent date so in your example, it would count for January.

The letter from Mercedes is fine.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 09:07:04 PM »
Thank you!

Would you mind giving me your opinion on the rest of my documents?  This is my 'final' checklist, here is what I have so far...

Proof of Identity

- BRP
   - My Passport (scan all pages)
   - Husband’s Passport (scan all pages)

Finances (we’re using my husband’s savings account):

- 6 Months Bank Statement
   - Declaration of Funds signed by my husband
Accommodation (we live in a house owned by my husband):
    - Signed letter from Mother-In-Law stating that we lived with her from Jan 2019 – Sep 2019 until we bought our own house. I’m not sure if this is required
    - Land Registry Would it be better to include the original copy from the time the house was purchase or the more up-to-date copy that you download online?
    - Mortgage Statement
    - Latest Council Tax Bill
Correspondence :
    May 19’ Myself - Letter from GP telling me to book an app. for their NHS cervical screening programme.
    May 19’ - Husband - He was sent a copy of a letter from the hospital to his GP. (He was C.C.ed)
    Sep 19’ – Council Tax Bill in both our names.
    Jan 20’ Myself – Credit Card Statement for Jan.
    Jan 20' husband - British Gas invoice.
    May 20’ – Water Bill in both our names.
    Sep 20’ Myself - Bank Statement for Sep. (Dates shown 2 August to 5 September)
    Sep 20’ Husband - Hospital Letter regarding an app. for his treatment
    Jan 21’ Myself – Credit Card Statement for Jan.
    Jan 21’ Husband - Letter from Department of Health & Social Care giving my husband advice for extremely vulnerable during the national lockdown.
    May 21’ Myself - Bank Statement for May (Dates covered are from 5 Apr to 6 May)
    May 21’ Husband - Hospital Letter regarding an app. for his treatment
Other
    - Marriage Certificate
    - Son’s Birth Certificate (he doesn’t have a passport so I’m using his birth certificate)

FLR (M) Questions...Proof of Cohabitation?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 09:19:38 PM »
Just going to rearrange your documents slightly into the correct upload sections. Missing documents are in red, my comments are in blue:

Application Documents
   - My Passport (scan all pages)
- Part 1 Consent to Checks form signed by applicant - (part of online application)
- Part 2 Consent to Checks form signed by sponsor - (part of online application)
- Sponsor’s Declaration signed by sponsor - (part of online application)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
   - BRP
   - Husband’s Passport (scan all pages)

- 6 Months Bank Statement just need to make sure the statement covers every single day of the 6 months...what are the start and end dates on the statement?
   - Declaration of Funds signed by my husband

Residence in the UK
Accommodation (we live in a house owned by my husband):
    - Land Registry Would it be better to include the original copy from the time the house was purchase or the more up-to-date copy that you download online? it’s up to you - either is fine
    - Mortgage Statement
    - Latest Council Tax Bill
Cohabitation :
    May 19’ Myself - Letter from GP telling me to book an app. for their NHS cervical screening programme.
    May 19’ - Husband - He was sent a copy of a letter from the hospital to his GP. (He was C.C.ed)
    Sep 19’ – Council Tax Bill in both our names.
    Jan 20’ Myself – Credit Card Statement for Jan.
    Jan 20' husband - British Gas invoice.
    May 20’ – Water Bill in both our names.
    Sep 20’ Myself - Bank Statement for Sep. (Dates shown 2 August to 5 September)
    Sep 20’ Husband - Hospital Letter regarding an app. for his treatment
    Jan 21’ Myself – Credit Card Statement for Jan.
    Jan 21’ Husband - Letter from Department of Health & Social Care giving my husband advice for extremely vulnerable during the national lockdown.
    May 21’ Myself - Bank Statement for May (Dates covered are from 5 Apr to 6 May)
    May 21’ Husband - Hospital Letter regarding an app. for his treatment
    - Signed letter from Mother-In-Law stating that we lived with her from Jan 2019 – Sep 2019 until we bought our own house. I’m not sure if this is required this goes in the cohabitation section

Other
    - Marriage Certificate
    - Son’s Birth Certificate (he doesn’t have a passport so I’m using his birth certificate)
- letter dated in the last 3 months confirming son’s address (usually from his school or GP)
both your son’s passport and birth certificate (and the letter) are required documents, so if he doesn’t have a passport, you should explain this either on the application or in a cover letter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 01:35:05 PM »

- 6 Months Bank Statement just need to make sure the statement covers every single day of the 6 months...what are the start and end dates on the statement?

Thanks for all the help!
I'm still waiting for the bank statements to arrive, but we just asked for the last six months. Could you let me know what dates they should cover just to double check?
I might just go into the bank today and ask for stamped copies because the ones they mailed out havent arrived yet :/

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 01:49:17 PM »
It's easier just to ask for 7 months, then you'll be quite sure you have enough time covered.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 01:54:34 PM »
Thanks for all the help!
I'm still waiting for the bank statements to arrive, but we just asked for the last six months. Could you let me know what dates they should cover just to double check?
I might just go into the bank today and ask for stamped copies because the ones they mailed out havent arrived yet :/
The bank statements must cover a full 6 months... and they have to show every single day of those 6 months.

This normally means sending 7 months’ worth in order to cover every day of the 6 months.

The latest bank statement must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit your online application.

So, if your latest statement is dated May 31st, your first statement must explicitly cover the date of November 30th... so you will likely need bank statements covering:
November 1st to May 31st.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 04:25:08 PM »
My husband followed up with his bank and they said they mailed out the statements so I'm hoping we'll still receive them.
Just in case we went to the Lloyds branch and they printed out their version of the statement all stamped and signed but I'm not sure it will work.
Its an online saver statement with the first transaction on 06 November 2020 to the most recent on 07 June 2021. It's basically one long transaction statement showing all transactions and the balance.
I would like to note that there were no transactions in December so nothing is shown for that month.

Will it work as a back up?

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 04:49:00 PM »
My husband followed up with his bank and they said they mailed out the statements so I'm hoping we'll still receive them.
Just in case we went to the Lloyds branch and they printed out their version of the statement all stamped and signed but I'm not sure it will work.
Its an online saver statement with the first transaction on 06 November 2020 to the most recent on 07 June 2021. It's basically one long transaction statement showing all transactions and the balance.
I would like to note that there were no transactions in December so nothing is shown for that month.

Will it work as a back up?
Sounds fine to me. As long as they printed it themselves and it covers the whole period from November to June it should be fine for the requirements.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 09:02:15 PM »
Thank you!
I'll wait a couple more days to see if the statements ever arrive.
I'm so sorry to ask even more questions but I looked over my application again and I was confused on a few sections.

-The online form has the following question:
Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? (Required)
For example, include any information you wish to be considered about the welfare or best interests of any children you have in the UK. You must demonstrate you have a genuine, subsisting and active parental relationship.

I selected:
I have other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK
It then asked me to:
Explain your other reasons and say what documents you will provide to support your claim
I gave a brief answer about wanting to stay for our son, our family life and our home.
When I finished filling out the application it took me to their version of a document checklist.
Under Other documents it says:
If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused.
It gives me a little checkbox for
Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK
Do I have to add supporting documents? Would it be better to just select "No" to the question regarding "other reasons for wanting to stay?"

-I know its not required to include a letter from my mother-in-law stating that we lived with her for a few months before we bought our house but on the form it says:
I confirm I will provide:
    A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period

Should I just include one to be on the safe side?

- I also wanted to double check for the following question:
What amount of savings are held in this account in GBP?
I included the lowest balance the account reached during the 6 month period. The savings account fluctuated but always remaind over the £62,500. Am I correct in thinking that if we had £80k, and sometimes it went down to £75k...for the question I would put down £75,000?

I forgot to add
- For my son's information it says:
I confirm I will provide: Evidence of where SON'S NAME other parent lives - such as utility bills.
Where would I include this information when scanning my documents? Would the 28 day rule apply?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:06:10 PM by LetsPlay »

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2021, 09:24:49 PM »
Thank you!
I'll wait a couple more days to see if the statements ever arrive.
I'm so sorry to ask even more questions but I looked over my application again and I was confused on a few sections.

-The online form has the following question:
Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? (Required)
For example, include any information you wish to be considered about the welfare or best interests of any children you have in the UK. You must demonstrate you have a genuine, subsisting and active parental relationship.

I selected:
I have other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK
It then asked me to:
Explain your other reasons and say what documents you will provide to support your claim
I gave a brief answer about wanting to stay for our son, our family life and our home.
When I finished filling out the application it took me to their version of a document checklist.
Under Other documents it says:
If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused.
It gives me a little checkbox for
Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK
Do I have to add supporting documents? Would it be better to just select "No" to the question regarding "other reasons for wanting to stay?"

No, select Yes, as they will look at your other reasons in the case that your visa falls for refusal.

For documents, you just provide the required following documents for your son:
- his birth certificate
- his passport
- letter dated in the last 3 months stating his address (from his school or GP)

I know its not required to include a letter from my mother-in-law stating that we lived with her for a few months before we bought our house but on the form it says:
I confirm I will provide:
    A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period

Should I just include one to be on the safe side?

Actually, it is a requirement, just as it lists on the application.

You will need a letter from her confirming the dates that you lived with her.

- I also wanted to double check for the following question:
What amount of savings are held in this account in GBP?
I included the lowest balance the account reached during the 6 month period. The savings account fluctuated but always remaind over the £62,500. Am I correct in thinking that if we had £80k, and sometimes it went down to £75k...for the question I would put down £75,000?

Yes, they will only consider the lowest balance in the last 6 months, so I would put the lowest balance.

I forgot to add
- For my son's information it says:
I confirm I will provide: Evidence of where SON'S NAME other parent lives - such as utility bills.
Where would I include this information when scanning my documents? Would the 28 day rule apply?

You put this in the Other section, along with your son’s passport, birth certificate and the letter from the last 3 months confirming his address.

The 28-day rule only applies to the financial requirement.

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 10:17:36 PM »
For documents, you just provide the required following documents for your son:
- his birth certificate
- his passport
- letter dated in the last 3 months stating his address (from his school or GP)
For my son's proof of address I have a letter from the NHS about booking an appointment for his immunisations dated 10th May 2021. Will this work?
For evidence of where SON'S NAME other parent lives
You put this in the Other section, along with your son’s passport, birth certificate and the letter from the last 3 months confirming his address.

The 28-day rule only applies to the financial requirement.
For evidence of where my son's dad/my husband lives I have a letter from HMRC reminding him to file his taxes dated 06th April 2021. Will this work?

Also, do I make a cover letter for the "other" section explaining what all this additional information is and what each document is for?

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2021, 10:18:23 PM »
One last question *hopefully*

The bank statements never arrived by post, so my husband printed out the statements at home and took them to the bank to get stamped. They look just like the official statements, but we thought it would be best to get them stamped anyway. She stamped and signed all pages except for the pages that just has text regarding "things you need to know." It has no important info, it’s just text regarding way to online bank and ways to keep your data safe. I would have just left that page out, but the pages are numbered and I thought it would seem strange to have a page 2 of 3 missing. Will the missing stamp on that page be an issue or should it be okay?
Also are the dates shown on the statements enough to cover the 6 month period? The first statement is from 09 December 2020 to 08 January 2021 and the last statement is 08 May 2021 to 03 June 2021. Are we right in thinking we need to get one from Nov to Dec?

Sponsored Links