Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Limescale....HELP!!  (Read 4400 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Limescale....HELP!!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2005, 03:27:21 PM »
Yes we emptied the lint trap thingy. I can now report however that since my vinegar/baking soda cleaning a week ago my machine funk is back and its full force. It smells WORSE now if you can believe that. It has a rotten cabbage smell now. Frank thinks its possibly the rubber seal it is gonna replace it. If that doesnt work Im honestly gonna get another machine OR hire Lia as our "laundress"  ;D

At your service!   8)

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2005, 03:30:31 PM »
OK, this is going to sound REALLY REALLY LAME, so forgive me all of you.... Do all dryers have a lint trap? Even the washer/dryer combo machines? Cause I've never noticed one on mine and the instruction book is gone (rented house with a fitted kitchen - god only knows where the booklet ended up!) Hmmm... maybe I'll have to go investigate a bit further. Hell, I only found the salt thingy on my dishwasher about a month ago! LOL.

Yep, ours is a combo and the lint filter is on the front at the bottom under a little flap.  With ours you have to put a little bowl under it when you unscrew the filter because a little (and sometimes a lot - depending on how much fluff is in there) water always runs out. 

That salt thing on the dishwasher has always been mysterious to me.  I never remember putting salt in mine in the states. 

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »
This is good to know.  I have a combo but have only used the dryer functionality once.  It took so long to dry the clothes and at the end of the of the cycle, I still had to hang them.  So my question is, should I worry about cleaning the filter if I only use the machine to wash my clothes?

bvamin

• Liked: 8
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2005, 10:47:09 AM »
This is good to know.  I have a combo but have only used the dryer functionality once.  It took so long to dry the clothes and at the end of the of the cycle, I still had to hang them.  So my question is, should I worry about cleaning the filter if I only use the machine to wash my clothes?

bvamin

Ours is just a washer, and there's still a filter there, so I guess the answer would be yes....but I don't clean mine! 

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2005, 10:52:20 AM »
Yes, bvamin, you should.  The filter is there to catch things that could clog the waste pipe (or so says the manual).  I cleaned mine last night and found 30 cents (Euro).
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2005, 01:53:53 PM »
OK, for the life of me I CANNOT find a filter on ours.... I've looked EVERYWHERE! ACK.

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2005, 02:22:53 PM »
get down on your hands and knees.  Is the very bottom bit a panel?  Does it come off? look for easily accesable screw things.   There should be something behind it that looks like a three or four inch diameter circle-that twists and pulls out.  I once found a t-shirt in ours. :o

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2005, 02:28:31 PM »
Mine twists and drained some water out but I didn't try and pull it out.  I guess I should.  Bottom right hand corner, right above the floor Annie..  I had to pull part of the cabinet out of the way to get at mine.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• BagThatRing
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2005, 03:05:58 PM »
Have you tried a can of coca cola before you  ::) pour a can or two in the toilet leave it for a few hours and it should have shifted most of it if that does not work try some vinegar the brown stuff ;D

PS am being serious about the coke

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab