Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) questions  (Read 1147 times)

• Liked: 52
FLR (M) questions
« on: April 29, 2021, 11:50:46 AM »
Hello lovely people,
I have looked through other peoples checklists to try and avoid asking questions that have already been answered but have a few I could not find the answers to. I appreciate any help you can give me as this process stresses me out so much
I entered the UK september 10 2018
Brp expires june 6 2021

We have had two children in that time frame. As they are UK citizens I do not need to apply for them as well but do need to include them in my application as non applying children correct?
What is the financial requirement when you have two children?

The online application has prompted me several times to print off the two consent forms and sponsor declaration. Dies this need to be signed and submitted in several areas or just the application documents?

I only need to submit cohabitation documents for a maximum of two years prior to applying? So if I submit the application on the 15th May I should go back to may 2019?

Do we need a letter from the landlord? We have a tenancy agreement from the housing association we are under that originally had both of us as tenants but now only my husband is the named tenant as it is council housing and I asked to be removed after the first few months when I realized that it may come under public funds. So I am now a occupier. But the only tenancy agreement we have is the original. Do I submit that or do I need to ask for a new one.

Also we signed the tenancy agreement and started paying rent in March 2019 but didnt move in until june 2019 due to work needing to be done and our previous tenancy hadn't run out till then. What do i put on the application for when did you start living at current property? I would assume june but then if they look at the tenancy it says march.
Also for cohabitation this would fall right when my first item of cohabitation would be needed and I'm not sure what address to submit for.

Do my husbands pay slips need to be verified somehow? We are printing them off from the online portal. They are not posted to us.

I will put the documents below if someone doesnt mind checking the order and if they will be enough. Also if something is bot needed.
Thank you!

Application Documents:
Applicant Passport (all pages scanned)
Consent signed by applicant
Consent signed by sponsor
Sponsor declaration
BRP

Proof of identity
Sponsor passport (all pages scanned)

Residence in the UK:
Accommodation
Tenancy agreement
(Letter from landlord?)
Council tax bill 2021

Cohabitation (haven't had a chance to check what documents I have for these months yet but do they have to be these month?)
April 2019
August 2019
December 2020
April 2020
August 2020
December 2021(Joint account metro bank)
April 2021 (joint account Metro Bank)

Finances
Six months bank statements (stamped) beginning December 2019 (all pages scanned)
Six months pay slips covering from December 2019
Letter from employer

Other
marriage certificate
Child 1 birth certificate
Child 2 birth certificate

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
FLR (M) questions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 12:53:24 PM »
Welcome back :)

We have had two children in that time frame. As they are UK citizens I do not need to apply for them as well but do need to include them in my application as non applying children correct?

That’s correct - you need to give their details on the form and also provide the following documents:
- their passports (if they have passports)
- their birth certificates
- a letter dated in the last 3 months confirming their address (I.e. from their GP)

What is the financial requirement when you have two children?

UK citizen children are not included in the financial requirement because they are British and therefore eligible to claim UK benefits, so it’s the same financial requirement as if you didn’t have children:
£18,600.

The online application has prompted me several times to print off the two consent forms and sponsor declaration. Dies this need to be signed and submitted in several areas or just the application documents?

You just print and sign one copy of each and upload them to the Application Documents section.

Part 1 Consent form is signed by the applicant
Part 2 Consent form is signed by the sponsor
Sponsor’s Declaration is signed by the sponsor

I only need to submit cohabitation documents for a maximum of two years prior to applying? So if I submit the application on the 15th May I should go back to may 2019?

Yes, maximum of 2 years.

It depends if you have mail dated in May 2021 at the time of application or not.

You can either include mail from the following months:
May 2019
Sept 2019
Jan 2020
May 2020
Sept 2020
Jan 2021
May 2021

Or from
April 2019
Aug 2019
Dec 2019
April 2020
Aug 2020
Dec 2020
Apr 2021

Do we need a letter from the landlord? We have a tenancy agreement from the housing association we are under that originally had both of us as tenants but now only my husband is the named tenant as it is council housing and I asked to be removed after the first few months when I realized that it may come under public funds. So I am now a occupier. But the only tenancy agreement we have is the original. Do I submit that or do I need to ask for a new one.

Are both your names on the current tenancy paperwork? If so, you do not need a letter from the landlord.

If you are not named on the new tenancy anywhere, then you will require a letter from the landlord giving you permission to live there too.

Also we signed the tenancy agreement and started paying rent in March 2019 but didnt move in until june 2019 due to work needing to be done and our previous tenancy hadn't run out till then. What do i put on the application for when did you start living at current property? I would assume june but then if they look at the tenancy it says march.

You should be providing your most recent tenancy agreement so this won’t be relevant.

I would put June 2019 and then add a note either on the application or in a cover letter explaining that you started renting in March 2019 but didn’t move in until June.

Also for cohabitation this would fall right when my first item of cohabitation would be needed and I'm not sure what address to submit for.

It doesn’t really matter what address is on the mail as long as it is the same address for both of you.

Just provide whatever document meets the requirement for that month and don’t worry about which address it is from.

Do my husbands pay slips need to be verified somehow? We are printing them off from the online portal. They are not posted to us.

Each payslip must be verified in the employer letter:
- pay date
- gross pay
- net pay
- date paid into bank
- explanation for any discrepancies between payslip date and amount and bank deposit date and amount

Just going to rearrange your document sections slightly:

Application Documents:
Applicant Passport (all pages scanned)
Consent signed by applicant
Consent signed by sponsor
Sponsor declaration

Proof of identity/Travel History
Sponsor passport (all pages scanned)
BRP

Residence in the UK:
Accommodation
Tenancy agreement
(Letter from landlord?)
Council tax bill 2021
Cohabitation (haven't had a chance to check what documents I have for these months yet but do they have to be these month?) - as above, they either need to be these months, or the months of May, Sept and Jan of each year
April 2019
August 2019
December 2020
April 2020
August 2020
December 2021(Joint account metro bank)
April 2021 (joint account Metro Bank)

Finances
Six months bank statements (stamped) beginning December 2019 (all pages scanned)
Six months pay slips covering from December 2019
Letter from employer
You will NOT meet the requirements with these payslips and bank statements as they only cover 4 months not 6 months (31st Dec to 30th April).

If you are applying 15th May and your last payslip is April 30th, then the 6 months you must cover are:
31st October to 30th April

So you must provide the following payslips and bank statements:
October 2020
November 2020
December 2020
January 2021
February 2021
March 2021
April 2021

Other
marriage certificate
Child 1 birth certificate
Child 2 birth certificate
Child 1 passport
Child 2 passport
Child 1 letter confirming address
Child 2 letter confirming address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:55:38 PM by ksand24 »

Re: FLR (M) questions
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 01:20:01 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply.
If we already have a letter from employer regarding the employment should we ask for a separate letter for the pay slip confirmation? I dont remember having one last application... do I need to send the employer my bank statements for them to check corresponding dates of payslips?

Also for the children do I just submit the UK passport or the US one as well?
Thank you

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 01:23:05 PM »
Also we only have the original tenancy agreement as it is for 6 years. So I assume we just submit that one? Or do we ask for an updated one with only husbands name on it?

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 03:24:20 PM »
So sorry about all the extra questions.
In regards to the cohabitation documents if i cant find ones for those specific months can I submit ones from the months before or after the required month... havent had a proper root around but I am worried if I cant find the required month documents.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 06:41:43 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply.
If we already have a letter from employer regarding the employment should we ask for a separate letter for the pay slip confirmation? I dont remember having one last application...

Yes, if you already have a letter, then you can either get them to write a separate letter, or if they want they can redo the original letter and update it with the payslip details.

You just need to make sure that both letters are dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application.

The requirements for payslips are (and have been since 2012):
(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name;
or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

And for the bank statements:
Bank statements must
(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery;
or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

do I need to send the employer my bank statements for them to check corresponding dates of payslips?

No, your employer will know what date they paid the money into your bank account each month, so they just state in the letter what date payroll deposited the money. And if that date was different to the date on the payslip, they just need to explain why.

For example:
If the December payslip was dated 31st December, but it was deposited into your account on the 23rd December because of the Christmas holiday, then they just explain that.

Also for the children do I just submit the UK passport or the US one as well?

Just the UK one should be fine.

So sorry about all the extra questions.
In regards to the cohabitation documents if i cant find ones for those specific months can I submit ones from the months before or after the required month... havent had a proper root around but I am worried if I cant find the required month documents.

You can do, but you will need to write a letter of explanation for why you cannot provide a document from the correct month. Also, if you don't have at least 3 official sources, or you cannot provide enough documents, this also needs to be explained in a letter.

Best thing to do is to find all the mail you can and list it here, and we can help work out the best combination of mail to use.

Note that all the documents must have been received in the post and not issued online.

If you have them, monthly bank statements received in the post are good documents to use because you will have one for every single month, which means you can just fill in any gaps with a bank statement.

If you don't currently receive statements in the post, I would turn off paperless and make sure they are posted to you from now on (same goes for anything else paperless you may have), so that you have plenty of documents for the next visa.

Examples of acceptable documents you can use are:
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 04:35:18 PM »
Okay so can you please check that these are sufficient to submit?

April 2019 joint SSE energy bill
August 2019 joint South east water bill
December 2019 Joint Metro Bank statement
April 2020 joint South East water bill
August 2020 joint metro bank statement
December 2020 joint metro Bank statement
April 2021 joint south east water bill

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 04:51:16 PM »
Okay so can you please check that these are sufficient to submit?

April 2019 joint SSE energy bill
August 2019 joint South east water bill
December 2019 Joint Metro Bank statement
April 2020 joint South East water bill
August 2020 joint metro bank statement
December 2020 joint metro Bank statement
April 2021 joint south east water bill

They look good

They’re evenly-spaced and you have the required 3 different sources:
1. Energy bill
2. Water bill
3. Bank statement

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 02:54:05 PM »
This may be a stupid question but does the employer letter have to have a wet signature? The HR lady that wrote up the letter is working from home and had someone in the office print it and send it in the post

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 04:46:35 PM »
Ideally, it’s supposed to have a wet signature, however, they are allowing some leeway due to Covid and quite a few people have only been able to provide an electronically-signed letter in recent months, which has been fine for the visa.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2021, 09:06:51 PM »
Can I submit and pay for everything and then scan the documents a few days later or does it all need doing the same day? Cant get to a scanner until tuesday but wanted to submit this weekend.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2021, 09:13:39 PM »
Can I submit and pay for everything and then scan the documents a few days later or does it all need doing the same day? Cant get to a scanner until tuesday but wanted to submit this weekend.

You have until your biometrics appointment to scan and upload your documents... so they can be done at any time between registering with UKVCAS and your appointment.

If you decide to purchase the document checking service though (which is included with an Enhanced appointment, or costs £46 otherwise), you have to upload your documents at least 2 working days before to appointment so they have time to check them before you get there.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 08:55:43 AM »
In the declaration section of the online application it asks if the bank account used is held jointly by "you and other people". Do they mean someone other than my husband? Not sure whether to put yes or no... bank account is held solely by my husband.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 05:54:50 PM »
What to do if there are bo available biometric appointments in the next month. There arent any dates available to even look at over a month. Can I leave the page and log in later to find a date?

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2021, 06:53:37 PM »
What to do if there are bo available biometric appointments in the next month. There arent any dates available to even look at over a month. Can I leave the page and log in later to find a date?

Yep, you just have to keep going back and checking the page until you can find an appointment. It may take a few days, or even a couple of weeks to be able to find an available appointment. You will likely have to pay for an appointment as I don’t think anyone has been able to secure a free appointment in the last few months.

Some people have had luck with booking an appointment by checking the site overnight - I think they release new appointments 28 days ahead at midnight each night.

Meanwhile, while you’re waiting to book an appointment you can scan and upload your documents to the UVKCAS website (if you are planning to upload them yourself).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab