Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) questions  (Read 1146 times)

• Liked: 52
Re: FLR (M) questions
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 10:45:46 AM »
So sorry last question I think.
Called up and they found me an appointment for june 5. Am I correct in assuming as I already paid for the Visa that the documents can still be according the date I paid (the cohabitation and the 28 days before ones) ?
And they said the appointment I have includes the checking and scanning (even though all I wanted was biometrics.) So I dont have to scan or upload anything myself is that right? Just bring them all with ne to the appointment? In a bit nervous that the person che king and scanning will do something wrong or out of order and I will get denied. :/ are they usually pretty good about this?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 11:03:05 AM »
Why I'm confused is because they said on the phone that it includes checking and scanning but on the UKVCAS website my appointment says standard appointment and give me the option to upload documents.
Just want to make sure I do it right.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2021, 11:28:29 AM »
So sorry last question I think.
Called up and they found me an appointment for june 5. Am I correct in assuming as I already paid for the Visa that the documents can still be according the date I paid (the cohabitation and the 28 days before ones) ?

Yep. The clock stops for the documents on the day you submit the online application, because that is your official application date.

And they said the appointment I have includes the checking and scanning (even though all I wanted was biometrics.) So I dont have to scan or upload anything myself is that right? Just bring them all with ne to the appointment? In a bit nervous that the person che king and scanning will do something wrong or out of order and I will get denied. :/ are they usually pretty good about this?

It’s up to you.

You can either scan and upload them yourself at home or take them with you to be scanned at the appointment.

If you want to scan and upload them yourself, you need to have done it at least 2 working days before the appointment, as they will check them before you attend the appointment and contact you if anything is missing... you would then take your documents with you for anything to be rescanned.

Personally, I would feel more comfortable scanning and uploading myself, to make sure everything is done how I want it. There have been a couple of occasions where UKVCAS have missed an important document and the applicant had to be contacted by UKVI a few weeks later to resubmit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2021, 11:29:21 AM »
Why I'm confused is because they said on the phone that it includes checking and scanning but on the UKVCAS website my appointment says standard appointment and give me the option to upload documents.
Just want to make sure I do it right.

How much did you pay for the appointment and which type of centre did you book it at?

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2021, 11:30:37 AM »
I paid £138 at the Reading centre. It wasmt a core centerpiece or a premium. I think it was an enhanced center...

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2021, 12:32:18 PM »
I paid £138 at the Reading centre. It wasmt a core centerpiece or a premium. I think it was an enhanced center...

Ah, yes, the enhanced centre appointments automatically include document checking and scanning.

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2021, 12:33:57 PM »
Ok but I'm okay to upload what I have before and they will check it all before the appointment and let me know if I need to bring anything else for scanning and uploading?

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2021, 12:54:37 PM »
Ok but I'm okay to upload what I have before and they will check it all before the appointment and let me know if I need to bring anything else for scanning and uploading?

Yes. Though I would take all the documents with you to the appointment anyway, just in case.

See here for more information about document checking:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail

Document checking

You can buy the document checking service if you want our team to check that you have correctly uploaded the documents for your appointment, that the scanned documents you provided are of an acceptable quality and are complete.

Please note: We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. If you choose to submit your documents and you have purchased document checking, we will perform the document checking process before the submission.

To use this service you must upload your documents through our website at least 2 working days before your appointment date.

If you are applying to UKVI directly using paper application forms (Offline) you must send your supporting documents directly to UKVI, so you do not require this service.

Enhanced service point
If you have booked an appointment at one of our enhanced service points the document checking service is included in the price of that appointment.

Price
You can choose the document checking service when you book your appointment. The price for this service is £46 in total, per person.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2021, 04:11:49 PM »

Hi, sorry to jump in but this post is relatable so thought I can help. My wife had her biometrics appointment a few days ago at the Reading center and yes it is an enhanced center so they will check the documents for your regardless.

When they checked our documents (24 hrs before the appointment) , my wife's passport and BRP was not scanned properly so they emailed us to let us know. Unfortunately, you can't re upload as the submission window closes 48 hours before you appointment. But they re scanned her passport and BRP on the day so I wouldn't worry about it.  As ksand said, just take everything with you on the day  :)

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2021, 04:16:37 PM »
Thank you!! That is so reassuring!
And thanks ksand for all the help!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2021, 05:13:15 PM »
Hi, sorry to jump in but this post is relatable so thought I can help. My wife had her biometrics appointment a few days ago at the Reading center and yes it is an enhanced center so they will check the documents for your regardless.

When they checked our documents (24 hrs before the appointment) , my wife's passport and BRP was not scanned properly so they emailed us to let us know. Unfortunately, you can't re upload as the submission window closes 48 hours before you appointment. But they re scanned her passport and BRP on the day so I wouldn't worry about it.  As ksand said, just take everything with you on the day  :)

Exactly the same thing happened to us as well regarding the same two documents.

At biometrics, I asked why we had received an email concerning a missing BRP / passport scan when we had clearly uploaded them.  The chap there explained that it’s an automated document check which complains if it tries to open a file and can’t detect the edges of the document image.  And that made sense as our BRP and passport scans didn’t take up a full page of A4 as they’re quite small.

So that’s why it happens.

We had re-uploaded the documents anyway (for some reason it allowed us to do this the day before), but they did it again anyway at the appointment itself.

In short: nothing to worry about. :-)

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2021, 08:53:21 PM »
For the consent to verify there are three parts. Part 1 verify application information, part 2 verify third party information (I'm assuming my husbands info) and part three consent to verify information from third party sponsor. Is the third one not necessary as my sponsor is my husband or do I need to submit all three?

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2021, 09:10:51 PM »
For the consent to verify there are three parts. Part 1 verify application information, part 2 verify third party information (I'm assuming my husbands info) and part three consent to verify information from third party sponsor. Is the third one not necessary as my sponsor is my husband or do I need to submit all three?

Part 1 is signed by you

Part 2 is signed by your husband and anyone else who may be jointly-named with you on any bills or statements you are submitting

Part 3 should not be signed by anyone as you are not allowed to use third party financial sponsorship for your visa

So you include Part 1 and Part 2, and not Part 3.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab