Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with post docs for FLR  (Read 660 times)

• Liked: 14
Help with post docs for FLR
« on: May 11, 2021, 09:11:55 PM »
Hello lovelies,

Hoping someone could help?  I've just gone through all of the post we've collected and trying to pick what docs to send for my FLR is making my head spin... this is a long list, but would someone be able to advise?

I entered the UK 1st Nov. 2018 and am planning to make the online app by 23rd May.  There is a gap from Sept 2020 until Feb 2021 that I don't have any jointly addressed post, and nothing addressed to my husband.  This was Covid lockdown which may explain, but am worried still.

This is what we have after keeping every shred of post delivered, or at least everything I got my hands on. It looks like since Covid British Gas have decided to go paperless so we no longer receive statements by post.  I will call and see if I can change this for next time. 

Which of the following should we include?

Nov 2018: Joint letter regarding our new flat inventory from the lettings agent

Dec 2018: Joint water, gas, council tax notices
                    Joint letter from lettings agent

Jan 2019: Joint gas bill

Feb 2019: Joint gas bill

Mar 2019: Joint council tax notice
                    Husband's letter from doctor surgery
                    Husband's letter from his company with salary increase info
                    Two letters for me from HSBC about my new account

April 2019: none

May 2019: Letter for me from HSBC

June 2019: Joint water bill
                     Letters for husband from pension, doctor's surgery, and from hospital regarding a blood test

July 2019: Joing gas bill

August 2019: Letter for husband from NHS

Sept 2019: none

Oct 2019: Joint gas bill
                    For me, NHS letter
                    For husband, regarding registration for election (not a firm date, it says "respond by 31st Oct.")

Nov 2019: Joint gas bill

Dec 2019- Jan2020: none

Feb 2020: Joint gas bill
                   For me, US student loan statement

March 2020: For me, letter from my company

April 2020: Joint gas bill

May 2020: Husband's letter from doctor's surgery

June 2020: Me, US student loan statement and letter from my company

July 2020: Joint water bill
                    Me, student loan statement
                    Husband, TV licensing letter

Aug 2020: Me, student loan statement
                   Husband, NHS letter

Sept 2020: Me, letter from my company

October 2020: Me, student loan statement

November 2020: Me, student loan statement

Dec 2020: Me, student loan statement

Jan 2021: Me, letter from company
                  Me, NHS letter
                  me, student loan statement

Feb 2021: Joint council tax
                   Me, student loan letter

March 2021: Joint council tax
                        Me, letter from company, student loan statement
                         Husband, visa card statement from HSBC
                         Husband, mobile phone bill

April 2021: Husband, letter from job confirming salary increase
                    Husband, visa card statement from HSBC
                   Me: student loan statement
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:24:38 PM by SnowFish »
Will sell soul for Duke's Mayonnaise.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Help with post docs for FLR
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 09:39:39 PM »
You only need to cover the last 2 years, so you just need mail from April 2019 to April 2021, which means that anything dated before April 2019 is not relevant.

Out of what you have listed,  you can use the following documents:

April 2019
1. You: ?
1. Him: ?
Though you could use the March 2019 Joint Council tax bill and include an explanation for why you have nothing from April

August 2019
2. You: ?
2. Him:  Letter for husband from NHS (Source 1)

December 2019
3. You: ?
3. Him: ?

April 2020
4.Joint: gas bill (Source 2)

August 2020
5. You: student loan statement (Source 3)
5. Him: NHS letter

December 2020
6. You: student loan statement
Him: ?

April 2021
7. You:  student loan statement
7. Him: letter from job confirming salary increase (Source 4)

However, you are missing:
- 3 of 7 documents in your name
- 3 of 7 documents in his name
(or 2 of 7 documents each if you are able to use the March 2019 council tax)

Do you have monthly bank statements that have been mailed to you that you could use? Those are always really useful because they arrive every single month, so you can then use them to fill in any gaps you are missing.

If you don't have anything at all from the missing months, then you just need to include an explanation for why you are missing those documents.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 07:26:04 AM »
You only need to cover the last 2 years, so you just need mail from April 2019 to April 2021, which means that anything dated before April 2019 is not relevant.

Unfortunately not. Husbands bank statements were still coming to his parents house until recently and I was paperless, even though I requested paper statements Hsbc never sent them.   We have now rectified this, and requested paper statements from BT internet and Britsh Gas for next time.

Would using anything from other months help at all, or is it better to explain what’s missing?

Also, another question:  We have just signed a tenancy extension, which will start from June 1st.  We have lived at the same address during my whole time in the UK, should we provide only the newly signed agreement (for a six month extension) or do we also need to provide the current one (expiring end of May) and anything prior?

Lastly, all our tenancy docs have been signed using Docusign online.  I can print them out, but will they be sufficient as they were signed electronically?

(Both our names are on the agreement.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:32:26 PM by SnowFish »

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 08:33:19 PM »
Sorry, I am having trouble with my computer and seem to have messed up my last message, am reposting my reply to KSand here for clarity:

Unfortunately not. Husbands bank statements were still coming to his parents house until recently and I was paperless, even though I requested paper statements Hsbc never sent them.   We have now rectified this, and requested paper statements from BT internet and Britsh Gas for next time.

Would using anything from other months help at all, or is it better to explain what’s missing?

Also, another question:  We have just signed a tenancy extension, which will start from June 1st.  We have lived at the same address during my whole time in the UK, should we provide only the newly signed agreement (for a six month extension) or do we also need to provide the current one (expiring end of May) and anything prior?

Lastly, all our tenancy docs have been signed using Docusign online.  I can print them out, but will they be sufficient as they were signed electronically?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 07:25:07 AM »
Sorry, I am having trouble with my computer and seem to have messed up my last message, am reposting my reply to KSand here for clarity:

It appears that electronically signed tenancy agreements seem to be the norm now and are being accepted.
You only need to provide the tenancy agreement that covers you from when you apply onwards. No need to provide earlier ones.
Try moving up or down a month to see if that works better, if not, yes I would include more of what you have, even if it is not spaced perfectly.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 07:25:30 PM »
It appears that electronically signed tenancy agreements seem to be the norm now and are being accepted.
You only need to provide the tenancy agreement that covers you from when you apply onwards. No need to provide earlier ones.
Try moving up or down a month to see if that works better, if not, yes I would include more of what you have, even if it is not spaced perfectly.

Thank you!  I have a few more questions...

It looks like they want us to include my husband's P60.  His salary was 18,600 and recently increased to 18,972..  However on his latest p60 his total gross salary was 17,161.  This was due to him having to take some unpaid sick time last August.  Will this mean that the financial threshold is not met? (We *could* include my own salary but would mean a mad scramble to get docs together in time.)

For the tenancy agreements, we have these in PDF format already.  Will we be able to attach this, or do I need to take them in to my biometrics appointment to be scanned?  (Was planning to use the scanning service if possible.)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 07:43:29 PM by SnowFish »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 07:48:02 PM »
Thank you!  I have a few more questions...

It looks like they want us to include my husband's P60.  His salary was 18,600 and recently increased to 18,972..  However on his latest p60 his total gross salary was 17,161.  This was due to him having to take some unpaid sick time last August.  Will this mean that the financial threshold is not met? (We *could* include my own salary but would mean a mad scramble to get docs together in time.)

For the tenancy agreements, we have these in PDF format already.  Will we be able to attach this, or do I need to take them in to my biometrics appointment to be scanned?  (Was planning to use the scanning service if possible.)

They will go by the bank statements and pay slips so if those show enough, then you are fine and do not need to combine income. The P60 is recommended, not mandatory so in that situation, usually I'd have said leave it out but if the system is asking for it I suppose you should include it. As mentioned though, it won't be a problem.

Not sure about the PDF. I would have it printed for them to scan, to be on the safe side.

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 07:54:31 PM »
They will go by the bank statements and pay slips so if those show enough, then you are fine and do not need to combine income. The P60 is recommended, not mandatory so in that situation, usually I'd have said leave it out but if the system is asking for it I suppose you should include it. As mentioned though, it won't be a problem.

Not sure about the PDF. I would have it printed for them to scan, to be on the safe side.

Yeah, the system is asking for it.  The letter from his company, payslips, and statements all confirm his salary, luckily the month he had the smaller paycheck is over 6 months ago so we don't have to include it. I suppose we can mention it in the cover letter, explain about the unpaid leave.

Will print out the tenancy docs then, I suppose! 

Thanks for your help.  :) Looks like we have pretty much everything ready so will be back in a few days with the final checklist, then fingers crossed!!!! 

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 08:02:19 PM »
Yeah, the system is asking for it.  The letter from his company, payslips, and statements all confirm his salary, luckily the month he had the smaller paycheck is over 6 months ago so we don't have to include it. I suppose we can mention it in the cover letter, explain about the unpaid leave.

The system does sometimes ask for things that are actually not required.

The mandatory financial documents are:
- payslips
- bank statements
- employer letter

The optional financial documents are:
- latest P60
- job contract

If the P60 he has is last year’s one (received May 2020) then it won’t be relevant to the financial period you are using for application anyway, so it‘s not an issue if you don’t include it.

If he has already received his new P60 (May 2021), then it’s a probably a good idea to include it, but it won’t actually have any bearing on whether you meet the requirements or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 08:32:28 PM »

If he has already received his new P60 (May 2021), then it’s a probably a good idea to include it, but it won’t actually have any bearing on whether you meet the requirements or not.

It is the most recent one, received recently for 2021.  We will include it then, with a note in the cover letter about why it's less than 18,600.  Thank you as always.  :)

Help with post docs for FLR
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 08:58:52 PM »
It is the most recent one, received recently for 2021.  We will include it then, with a note in the cover letter about why it's less than 18,600.  Thank you as always.  :)
No need to include a note as there is no requirement for the P60 to show earnings of more than £18,600.

After all, he could have been unemployed for the first few months of the P60 validity and then have only been earning a salary of £18,600 for the last 6 months (in which case the P60 would only show £9,300 or so... but that would still meet the requirement of earning a salary of £18,600/year for the last 6 months).

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 02:22:48 AM »
No need to include a note as there is no requirement for the P60 to show earnings of more than £18,600.

After all, he could have been unemployed for the first few months of the P60 validity and then have only been earning a salary of £18,600 for the last 6 months (in which case the P60 would only show £9,300 or so... but that would still meet the requirement of earning a salary of £18,600/year for the last 6 months).

That's really comforting to know, thank you.  I get myself so stressed out about every little detail!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab