Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa to FLRM Questions  (Read 1471 times)

• Liked: 2
Fiance Visa to FLRM Questions
« on: May 12, 2021, 01:44:13 PM »
Hello,

I am applying for my first FLRM extension next month after we get married on the 1st of June and wanted to get a check on my documents list and make sure I have my bases covered. My hope is to apply the week of June 7th.

We just moved into our house and finalized the sale on the 12th of April. We do not have a council tax bill in our name yet and we do not have the land registry documents. Let me know if what I included will be enough or should I include information in our cover letter.

Applicant Documents
1. Current US passport with every page scanned
2. Signed sponsor declaration (part of the online form)
3. Part 1 Consent to Checks form signed by applicant (part of the online form)
4. Part 2 Consent to Checks form signed by sponsor (part of the online form)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
1. UK passport with every page scanned

Finances
Option 1 - Cat(A) - Salary over £18600
1.Payslips covering November 2020- May 2021 - I have received stamped copies of these today and a letter which says 'Please find copies of payslips for Mr **** ******* duly stamped and initialed. Unfortunately, original payslips are not available.' This letter is on company headed paper and sent direct from our payroll department.
2. Bank statements covering November 2020 – May 2021 sent direct from the bank
3. Letter from employer stating my gross salary, time with the company, type of employment and my job title.

Residence in the UK
1. Letter from Lawyer saying house was purchased April 2021
2. Proof of sale documents
3. Letter confirming first payment of the mortgage
4. Letter from fiance’s parents saying we stayed with them until our house was completed
5. Fiance’s parents land registry document

Cohabitation (cover letter explaining switching from a fiancé visa and do not have much mail)
Letters from March 2021- May 2021
March 2021 –National Trust letter confirming membership- no address listed on letter but it came to parents house (joint)
April 2021- Confirmation of first payment of mortgage (parents house) or BT Bill (new house) (sponsor)
May 2021- Monzo statement (applicant) Life insurance confirmation (sponsor)

Other
1. Marriage Certificate
Fiancé Visa
Online application submitted: 19th August 2020
Biometrics taken: 27th August 2020
Documents received in NY:  28th August 2020
Decision: Approval 24th October 2020 after 41 working days.

TOR Approved on 30th November

FLRM Application submitted: 6th of June 2021
Biometrics Appointment with Super Priority: 24th of June 2021
Decision Made: 24th of June 2021 Decision in around 5 hours!

FLRM 2 Application submitted: 8th of January 2024
Biometrics Appointment with standard: 19th of January 2024
Decision made: 5th of February 2024

Re: Fiance Visa to FLRM Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 11:59:57 AM »
Would love some advice especially about the house stuff like if we need a letter from the lawyer. I just want to make sure I get everything together correctly in the next few weeks. Thanks.
Fiancé Visa

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 10:20:25 PM »
Hi just bumping this hoping I'll get a response. Does it look like we have everything we need?
Fiancé Visa

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 04:07:25 PM »
Hello,

I am applying for my first FLRM extension next month after we get married on the 1st of June and wanted to get a check on my documents list and make sure I have my bases covered. My hope is to apply the week of June 7th.

We just moved into our house and finalized the sale on the 12th of April. We do not have a council tax bill in our name yet and we do not have the land registry documents. Let me know if what I included will be enough or should I include information in our cover letter.

Applicant Documents
1. Current US passport with every page scanned
2. Signed sponsor declaration (part of the online form)

Finances
1.Payslips covering November 2020- May 2021 - I have received stamped copies of these today and a letter which says 'Please find copies of payslips for Mr **** ******* duly stamped and initialed. Unfortunately, original payslips are not available.' This letter is on company headed paper and sent direct from our payroll department.
3. Letter from employer stating my gross salary, time with the company, type of employment and my job title.

Residence in the UK
4. Letter from fiance’s parents saying we stayed with them until our house was completed

Cohabitation (cover letter explaining switching from a fiancé visa and do not have much mail)
March 2021 –National Trust letter confirming membership- no address listed on letter but it came to parents house (joint)
April 2021- Confirmation of first payment of mortgage (parents house) or BT Bill (new house) (sponsor)
May 2021- Monzo statement (applicant) Life insurance confirmation (sponsor)

Other
1. Marriage Certificate

I think it looks good. I'd say it's always best to explain anything even slightly different from usual, for your peace of mind if for no other reason. So just mention briefly the reason for lack of council tax bill and land registry.

Is there an "any other information" section you can use? If not, write a brief letter.

Make sure you have something coming each month from now on for each of you. Bank statements are good for that.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 04:44:55 PM »
Thank you @larrabee!

I'm working on my application and had a question. It is asking me When did you last travel to the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold? I answered United States and have not traveled there since moving from there on the 28th of February 2021. Is that ok?

Also, when it asks how long have I lived in the UK I just include my time on my fiance visa right? I lived here for four months on a student visa back in 2012. I have not mentioned the student visa on my application other than when it asked how I met my partner and I said I met them while on a student visa.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 05:20:38 PM by lcminchew »
Fiancé Visa

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 05:34:25 PM »
Thank you @larrabee!

I'm working on my application and had a question. It is asking me When did you last travel to the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold? I answered United States and have not traveled there since moving from there on the 28th of February 2021. Is that ok?

Also, when it asks how long have I lived in the UK I just include my time on my fiance visa right? I lived here for four months on a student visa back in 2012. I have not mentioned the student visa on my application other than when it asked how I met my partner and I said I met them while on a student visa.

1- Yes, that's fine.

2- I would specify in that answer that the student visa was in the UK and you were here for four months during which time you met him.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 05:09:48 PM »
I put together our cover letter please let me know if it is too long or any edits needed. Thank you!

To the Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing to confirm my support of Laura Minchew's application to remain in the UK and change her visa from a Fiancée visa to an FLR(M) visa. I am a UK citizen and have lived in the UK since birth.

Laura Minchew moved over to the UK from the US on the 1st of March 2021 and has lived here since that date. We lived with my parents from March 2021 until mid-April 2021 when our house sale went through and we moved in. As we just moved in, we do not yet have land registry documents for the house as they are not yet available. We also do not have a council tax bill in my name for the property but we have paid the council tax and will provide the letter we received in the mail to pay it. The letter is addressed to current resident. We are including a letter from my parents stating we lived with them until our house was available and their land registry documents. Lastly, we are including various documents showing the purchase of our home.

As, Laura Minchew just moved over and is on a fiancée visa she does not have all the required pieces of mail. We are including the two pieces of mail we have for her but we do not have anything for April 2021. We also just moved into our house our mail has a mix of addresses from my parent’s house to our new house.

If you require any additional information or documentation to help you with your decision, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me.
Fiancé Visa

• Liked: 3595
Fiance Visa to FLRM Questions
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 05:24:39 PM »
To be honest, I’d say it’s too long. Also, it shouldn’t be addressed to the Entry Clearance Officer because she is not applying for Entry Clearance anymore, she is now applying for Leave to Remain.

Also the letter should be written by Laura as it’s her application.

I would go with something like:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing regarding the accommodation and cohabitation documents supplied with my FLR(M) application.

For the cohabitation evidence, I have only lived in the U.K. since 1st March 2021 on a 6-month marriage visa and have not been able to collect 6 items of mail in my name yet. However, I am providing the 2 items of mail that I do have addressed to me.

For the accommodation evidence, my husband and I bought a house in April 2021 and have not yet been issued a Land Registry document, or a current council tax bill, however, we are including the paperwork from the house sale and a letter from the council confirming we have paid our council tax.

Yours Faithfully,

Her Name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 05:28:34 PM »
Hi @ksand24! Thanks for your help. I will definitely make those edits.
Fiancé Visa

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 05:31:22 PM »
Hi @ksand24! Thanks for your help. I will definitely make those edits.
No problem.

Was just going to add that you might want to also include a list of the cohabitation documents you are including in each of your names in the letter as well.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 05:43:32 PM »
Hi @ksand24 please find the updated letter attached. I confirmed with my partner and apparently we have not paid the council tax bill yet because it has not yet been updated to include his information so I removed that part but added what documents we are including. Let me know what you think. The only question I have is I included a letter we got from the national trust in the mail but it has no address on it. Is this a problem? We both have other pieces of mail but mine is another Monzo statement. Thanks.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing regarding the accommodation and cohabitation documents supplied with my FLR(M) application.

For the cohabitation evidence, I have only lived in the U.K. since the 1st of March 2021 on a 6-month marriage visa and have not been able to collect 6 items of mail in my name yet. However, I am providing the 2 items of mail that I do have addressed to me.

For the accommodation evidence, my husband bought a house in April 2021 and he has not yet been issued a Land Registry document, or a current council tax bill. We are including proof of sale documents, a letter confirming the first payment of the mortgage, and letters from our lawyers and the building developers showing he has taken ownership of the property.

List of cohabitation documents March 2021 to May 2021:
March 2021 –National Trust letter confirming membership- no address listed on letter but it came to parent’s house- Laura Minchew and David Eggleton
April 2021- BT Bill- David Eggleton
May 2021- Monzo statement- Laura Minchew Life insurance confirmation- David Eggleton

Yours Faithfully,

Laura Minchew
Fiancé Visa

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 05:56:47 PM »
Looks better now :).

March 2021 –National Trust letter confirming membership- no address listed on letter but it came to parent’s house- Laura Minchew and David Eggleton

However, I don’t believe you can use the above item of mail because it has no address on it.

The entire point of the cohabitation documents is to prove you were both living at the same ADDRESS as each other at the same time... so if there’s no address on it, it won’t meet the cohabitation requirements.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2021, 05:58:32 PM »
Hi @ksand24 that's what I figured but wanted to check just in case. I'll use my Monzo Statement and my partner will use a letter from the lawyer. Thanks for all your help.
Fiancé Visa

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »
Hi everyone! We got married on Tuesday and already received our marriage certificate in the mail. We hadn't fully moved into our new house yet when we had our giving notice appointment so we used my partner's parents address for our giving notice appointment. We were still living with them and when we were interviewed by the registrar we confirmed that address before the wedding and we just realized on the certificate that it says residence at time of marriage and it says their address not ours even though we've moved in. Is this an issue? Do we just need to explain why in our cover letter?

Also, please find my checklist below. We are hoping to submit beginning of next week.
Applicant Documents
1. Current US passport with every page scanned Done
2. signed sponsor declaration (part of the online form)
5. Letter from Lawyer about speeding ticket
6. Driving Record

Finances
1.Payslips covering November 2020- May 2021 - stamped and signed by payroll
4. April 2021 P60

Residence in the UK

March 2021 –Monzo statement (applicant) Letter from Bennet Oakely (sponsor)
April 2021- BT Bill (sponsor)
May 2021- Monzo Statement (applicant) Life insurance confirmation (sponsor)
Other
1. Marriage Certificate

Thank you for all the help!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 11:15:40 AM by lcminchew »
Fiancé Visa

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2021, 11:11:02 AM »
Hi! just wanting to bump this as we are hoping to apply on Monday. Thanks for everyone's help.
Fiancé Visa

Sponsored Links