Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa Checklist - application from within U.K.  (Read 848 times)

• Liked: 2
Spousal Visa Checklist - application from within U.K.
« on: May 13, 2021, 12:32:48 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check if there is anything else that I have been missing.

Financial Requirement

- 7 months of payslips ( October 2020 to April 2021) Authenticated by our company accountant - showing over £18600
- 7 months of bank statements showing direct deposit of pay matching the amount of the pay slips for each month.  My bank statements for October 2020  is printed online as I don't have my October would this be ok?, and my bank haven't sent me my last statement which includes my latest payslip.  I called the bank and they said they will send my latest statement on the 22nd of May, ( dates 24 April to 21 of May statement period) so hopefully it will be here before I submit my application on the 26 or 27th of May ?
- Employment Letter from our HR department confirming my salary, date of hire, length of time at current salary, type of employment
- A letter from HR Partner explaining my maternity and furlough details.
- Lates p60 ( April 2020 to April 2021)
-Copy of my job contract

Accommodation Requirement

- Copy of our tenancy agreement under my name.
- letter from our landlord confirming that my husband and I live in this address.
- latest council bill

Cohabitation requirements

- Official Mail for me and my husband, it's not evenly spaced as most of our bills are paperless billing but will explain in the cover letter

Other Documents

- My current passport
-my BRP Card for the tier 2 visa
- My husbands current passport
- My marriage certificate
-My divorce decree authenticated
-My Children's birth certificates. ( My eldest daughter was born in the US but she has dual citizenship, would I need to include both birth certificates?)
- My eldest Childs passport, my 7 month old doesn't have a passport yet.
- My eldest childs bank statement dated April 2021, and GP letter confirming my 7 month olds address.
- Husbands deed poll change paperwork
- Declaration from Spouse when the application is submitted
- Declaration from Applicant signed and dated when the application is submitted

Cover Letter including the following information.

Introduction of myself, and my family.
Explanation on why there are missing months for my posts required for the cohabitation requirements.
Explanation of my husbands name change
Explanation of my husbands past criminal conviction ( do I need to mention this )?. 

What  else does the cover letter should include ?

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need.   I am filing my application before 28th of May, as my last pay slip is from 30th of April.  I am hoping to file by end of next week to be safe 

Also, I have started my application last February, so some of the answers I have regarding for example time in my current address has change ( from 1 year 11 months, to 2 years 1 month),  I am trying to edit my answers but there are no way to edit them.  Do I just need to delete this application and create a new one?
Thank you,
Dlilah
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 01:50:02 PM by Dlilah »
Met UK Hubby : August 2011
Married : July 2017

Re: Spousal Visa Checklist - application from within U.K.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 12:59:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check if there is anything else that I have been missing.

Financial Requirement

- 7 months of payslips ( October 2020 to April 2021) Authenticated by our company accountant - showing over £18600
- 7 months of bank statements showing direct deposit of pay matching the amount of the pay slips for each month.  My bank statements for October 2020  is printed online as I don't have my October, and my bank haven't sent me my latest statement which includes my latest payslip, would a printed one online suffice?[ I called the bank and my latest statement ( 24 April to 21st of May will be mailed next Saturday 22nd, hopefully it will be here before I submit my application on the 26 or 27th of May)/color]
- Employment Letter from our HR department confirming my salary, date of hire, length of time at current salary, type of employment
- A letter from HR Partner explaining my maternity and furlough details.
- Lates p60 ( April 2020 to April 2021)
-Copy of my job contract

Accommodation Requirement

- Copy of our tenancy agreement under my name.
- letter from our landlord confirming that my husband and I live in this address.
- latest council bill

Cohabitation requirements

- Official Mail for me and my husband, it's not evenly spaced as most of our bills are paperless billing but will explain in the cover letter

Other Documents

- My current passport
-my BRP Card for the tier 2 visa
- My husbands current passport
- My marriage certificate
-My divorce decree authenticated
-My Children's birth certificates.
( My eldest daughter was born in the US but she has dual citizenship, would I need to include both birth certificates?)
- My eldest Childs passport, my 7 month old doesn't have a passport yet.
- My eldest childs bank statement dated April 2021, and GP letter confirming my 7 month olds address.
- Husbands deed poll change paperwork
- Declaration from Spouse when the application is submitted
- Declaration from Applicant signed and dated when the application is submitted

Cover Letter including the following information.

Introduction of myself, and my family.
Explanation on why there are missing months for my posts required for the cohabitation requirements.
Explanation of my husbands name change
Explanation of my husbands past criminal conviction ( do I need to mention this )?. 

What  else does the cover letter should include ?

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need.   I am filing my application before 28th of May, as my last pay slip is from 30th of April.  I am hoping to file by end of next week to be safe 

Also, I have started my application last February, so some of the answers I have regarding for example time in my current address has change ( from 1 year 11 months, to 2 years 1 month),  I am trying to edit my answers but there are no way to edit them.  Do I just need to delete this application and create a new one?
Thank you,
Dlilah

Just wanted to push this thread up to get some answers.  I know @kfdancer answered my question on another thread.  I just wanted to finalise my paperwork.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 01:47:55 PM by Dlilah »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 07:35:45 PM »
Same as before, you don’t *need* the birth certificates but no harm in sending.

The only reason to mention husbands past would be for “reasons why you and your partner can not live in your home country”. So, yes, worth a mention.  It won’t affect the application in any way.

I DO recommend (and insist even) that you go to the bank branch in person and have them print both the October statement as well as your interim statement.

You’ve got this girl! 

And please, do know that I genuinely feel awful for my contributions in your original thread. While we tend to go off on tangents about food and cats around here, there is no excuse for your thread going where it went.  I simply wanted to give you comfort that myself (and others) have taken the same path as you (switching from a Tier 2 to a spouse path). Just wanted you to know you were in capable hands.  :D

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 08:16:28 PM »
Thank you Kfdancer. 

I really am grateful for all the knowledge from everyone.  The fact that you guys give advice on this forum just to help people is a testament to how big your heart is.

I manage to ask the bank to print my October statement and send it to my address. It should be here next week.  I am also waiting for my bank statement as it should be ready on the 22nd.  Worst come to worst I will go to the bank on the 25th ( Tuesday and demand them to print it! 

Once I submit the application, how long do I normally have to upload my supporting documents ?  I read that I would have till right before my biometric appointment ?

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 08:24:53 PM »
Thank you Kfdancer. 

I really am grateful for all the knowledge from everyone.  The fact that you guys give advice on this forum just to help people is a testament to how big your heart is.

I manage to ask the bank to print my October statement and send it to my address. It should be here next week.  I am also waiting for my bank statement as it should be ready on the 22nd.  Worst come to worst I will go to the bank on the 25th ( Tuesday and demand them to print it! 

Once I submit the application, how long do I normally have to upload my supporting documents ?  I read that I would have till right before my biometric appointment ?

I can’t give you an answer on the uploading as it all depends on the type of biometric appointment you book.  Hopefully you’ve been warned that it is near impossible to get a free one. It’s likely you’ll end up with an appointment that INCLUDES scanning, so you won’t need to upload a thing!  Just take everything with you and they will upload it all.

If you do have a free appointment  that does NOT include scanning, you are correct.  You can scan it all in up until the appointment!  But I haven’t heard of anyone having a free appointment... basically ever... 

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 08:31:20 PM »
Thanks Kfdancer.  I will just see how it goes.  My main thing is I have all the documents so that I am not panicked when they ask me for any proof. 

I almost have everything.  So I am keeping my fingers crossed  :)

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 08:42:58 PM »
Thanks Kfdancer.  I will just see how it goes.  My main thing is I have all the documents so that I am not panicked when they ask me for any proof. 

I almost have everything.  So I am keeping my fingers crossed  :)

You’ve got this, you really do!

Do you plan to apply with standard or priority processing?

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 08:46:28 PM »
I am just applying with standard.  My current visa is still valid until March 2022, so I have some time. I just want to get this over with, plus I wanted to be free in case I want to move employers or change jobs. 

Do you think standard processing would be ok ?  I just don’t want to spend more money if I didn’t have to. 

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 09:17:30 PM »
I am just applying with standard.  My current visa is still valid until March 2022, so I have some time. I just want to get this over with, plus I wanted to be free in case I want to move employers or change jobs. 

Do you think standard processing would be ok ?  I just don’t want to spend more money if I didn’t have to. 

You know you best.  Some people are really anxious during the wait and question everything the whole time.  I think FLR(M) has been about 4ish months standard during covid times.  If you’ll drive yourself crazy, spend the money.  If you can take comfort that you’ve dotted everything i and crossed each t, save the money!

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 11:19:22 PM »
You know you best.  Some people are really anxious during the wait and question everything the whole time.  I think FLR(M) has been about 4ish months standard during covid times.  If you’ll drive yourself crazy, spend the money.  If you can take comfort that you’ve dotted everything i and crossed each t, save the money!

Honestly, I most likely drive myself crazy.  So I will probably spend the money.  Is it an extra £800?  On top of all the fees ? 

So if it’s standard processing is 4 months, how long is priority?

Also I just received the letter from our landlord since only my name is on the tenancy agreement. 

It confirms that my husband took the keys for this rental property on 19th of March 2019, and I arrived on the 26th of March 2019 and lived her since. 

There is no mention literally that he allows my husband to live here also, but it’s obvious that he does as he gave the keys to him. 

My question is does it need to spelled out that he allows him ?  Also does it need to mention our 2 daughters names ?

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 06:29:33 AM »
Honestly, I most likely drive myself crazy.  So I will probably spend the money.  Is it an extra £800?  On top of all the fees ? 

So if it’s standard processing is 4 months, how long is priority?

Also I just received the letter from our landlord since only my name is on the tenancy agreement. 

It confirms that my husband took the keys for this rental property on 19th of March 2019, and I arrived on the 26th of March 2019 and lived her since. 

There is no mention literally that he allows my husband to live here also, but it’s obvious that he does as he gave the keys to him. 

My question is does it need to spelled out that he allows him ?  Also does it need to mention our 2 daughters names ?

It should specifically state that he has permission to live there. It should also acknowledge the children, as the number of occupants is relevant, but I don't think he needs to mention them by name, would be fine to do so though obviously.

For the in country applications, we didn't use priority for FLR as we were where we wanted to be (as opposed to waiting in the US, to get to the UK, when we did use priority) and a faster decision would have made no practical difference. We saved that money and applied it to the ILR priority because that meant being able to move on with citizenship all the faster.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2021, 07:06:36 AM »
It should specifically state that he has permission to live there. It should also acknowledge the children, as the number of occupants is relevant, but I don't think he needs to mention them by name, would be fine to do so though obviously.

For the in country applications, we didn't use priority for FLR as we were where we wanted to be (as opposed to waiting in the US, to get to the UK, when we did use priority) and a faster decision would have made no practical difference. We saved that money and applied it to the ILR priority because that meant being able to move on with citizenship all the faster.

Thank you Larrabee,

I emailed our landlord and specifically ask him to mention that my husband has been living here since March 2019, and that he is allowing him to do so along with my children. 

I am also on a rolling 6 months lease agreement, so I guess it just renews automatically every 6 months unless we have our notice.  Should we ask him to mention that as well on the letter ?  As the tenancy agreement just says 6 months lease agreement. 

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 07:07:50 AM »
Thank you Larrabee,

I emailed our landlord and specifically ask him to mention that my husband has been living here since March 2019, and that he is allowing him to do so along with my children. 

I am also on a rolling 6 months lease agreement, so I guess it just renews automatically every 6 months unless we have our notice.  Should we ask him to mention that as well on the letter ?  As the tenancy agreement just says 6 months lease agreement.

Yes, have him mention that too.

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 07:05:17 PM »
I always did priority as I feared needing to travel while the application was processing.  For me, it was worth the extra price (though it was a heck of a lot less when I was applying). 

Yes, it’s £800 but decision within 24 hours.  They ARE back to saying standard processing is in 8 weeks (they had removed that for a long time during covid). 

Only you can decide if the £800 is a waste or a comfort!

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 07:22:09 PM »
Thank you Kfdancer

This is the letter we received from our landlord.  Please let me know if this is ok. 

To whom it may concern

I confirm that the tenancy start date at the above property was 19th March 2019.

The initial term was 6 months, but since the end of the initial term there has been no fixed term. Currently, either party is required to serve a minimum of one month’s notice to end our agreement.

I have enclosed a copy of the original signed tenancy agreement.

The agreement is with ( Dlilah) but we as landlords have given permission for the following to live in the property:

DlilAh Since 26th March 2019
Spouse Since 19th March 2019
Eldest Since 26th March 2019
Baby Since September 2020

Sincerely ,

Landlord

Contact information

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab