Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) visa holder and registering as a sole trader to move to self employment in the UK.  (Read 262 times)

• Liked: 257
I can’t foresee any issues with this?
My wife will be moving from her permanent job into that of advisory consulting with several different clients.

Have looked up the sole trader application and process and looks pretty straight forward.

Anyone else have any views?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Type of Application: FLR M
Country applying from: UK, London
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12th June 2020
Sopra Steria Doc Upload: TBC
Biometrics: Awaiting to book appointment
FLR M Received/New BRP: Awaiting

• Liked: 6110
I can’t foresee any issues with this?
My wife will be moving from her permanent job into that of advisory consulting with several different clients.

Have looked up the sole trader application and process and looks pretty straight forward.

Anyone else have any views?

From a visa perspective, the self employment categories are the most difficult way to meet the financial requirement, by far. If you can
meet the requirement another way, using savings or just your employment income, it won't matter that she's self employed but if that's not possible then you should read the guidance and make quite sure it will work in your case. A minimum of a whole years worth of evidence is required so it may not work for you at all depending on where you are in the visa process.

• Liked: 170
Haven’t done it myself, but there have been a couple of threads about possible tax implications that she might want to check out!

2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 4985
She will need a full UK financial year of audited accounts to sponsor you (April 6 to April 5). It’s an enormous amount of paperwork. 

Will she has a full HMRC financial year of audited accounts in time for your next application?

Alternatively, your income could be used.  Or cash savings of £62,500.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab