Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New Child American Passport Question  (Read 2220 times)

• Liked: 0
New Child American Passport Question
« on: June 03, 2021, 04:50:58 PM »
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have recently had a baby girl here in the U.K., myself being American and my husband British.

Does anyone have any knowledge of whether our daughter can travel to and enter the U.S. on her British passport (which she already has) or does she require a U.S. passport to do so?

We’ve been checking in daily for the past month on the London Embassy website to make an in person appointment to register her birth, apply for her U.S. passport and her social security number, however there never seems to be any appointments available. Does anyone know why this is? Or am I doing smothering wrong. Here is the website -

newcomer link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=LND&appcode=1 [nonactive]

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Liked: 4985
Re: New Child American Passport Question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 05:01:25 PM »
She needs her US passport (expired is allowed with Covid but not none at all). They usually release appointments on Thursdays. Anytime between 7:30am and 2pm they open and go FAST!

If unable to get an appointment, you can get an emergency passport once you are within 5 days of your booked travel. You email for that.

• Liked: 1892
Re: New Child American Passport Question
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 06:28:31 PM »
They will be very angry with you if you try to travel to the US on anything other than a US passport if you are a US citizen.  I've been to the Embassy in pre-covid times to get an emergency passport and it was no big deal, but I was careful to be prepared and make sure I met all the requirements.  The passport they gave me was good for two years or something. 

Don't forget to bring the UK passport as well in order to get back in the UK.  The UK border guards will not be happy about letting the kid into the UK without proof they are UK citizen.   

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab