Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Advice Required Please  (Read 2782 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR Advice Required Please
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 11:05:05 AM »
Thank you, let me see if I can remember what we did 2 years ago :-)

Nothing has changed really except my wife has stopped working from Christmas but she has good savings and I have a good income so fingers crossed all ok!....

Savings is the easiest method. The amount required for ILR is £34,600 (£18,600 + £16,000). 

• Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 01:58:08 PM »
If my wife is just a little short of 34.6k in her savings, I presume I can top it up for her?  Why is there a split ie 18,600 and 16,000 ?

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 03:08:30 PM »
If my wife is just a little short of 34.6k in her savings, I presume I can top it up for her?  Why is there a split ie 18,600 and 16,000 ?

The savings can be in your name, her name or in your joint names. It must be held in an account which is instantly accessible and the balance must not have fallen below the amount you are relying on for the full 6 months before the date of your online application.

The figures illustrate the way the total is calculated. 18.6k is the amount of the financial requirement if relying on income. 16k because you can only use savings over 16k. The requirement for the initial spouse visa and FLR is 62.5k. (18.6k x 2.5) +16k.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 03:10:01 PM »
You might find it useful to review these.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/957305/appendix-fm-1-7-financial-requirement-v6.0-ext.pdf

The best thing to do is make a list of the documents you are planning to include and post it here. We'll take a look at it and let you know if there is anything missing or anything you can leave out.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 03:26:00 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2021, 07:56:00 AM »
Thank you,  My wife is hopefully back from America in July now, she has been there since April dealing with family issues,  so our plan is
End of July take her British Citizen Test, once she has quarrantined (she will try to book this in next week)
Day after fingers crossed go for a weeks holiday given we have been apart for a while :-) that then gives 7 days in case she has to re-take it ...
Then early August get the visa application sent off before hers expires 1st September.
If they offer prioirty we will take it!...

What could possibly go wrong :-)

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2021, 08:13:34 AM »
Thank you,  My wife is hopefully back from America in July now, she has been there since April dealing with family issues,  so our plan is
End of July take her British Citizen Test, once she has quarrantined (she will try to book this in next week)
Day after fingers crossed go for a weeks holiday given we have been apart for a while :-) that then gives 7 days in case she has to re-take it ...
Then early August get the visa application sent off before hers expires 1st September.
If they offer prioirty we will take it!...

What could possibly go wrong :-)

She should read the book then take online practice tests until she is consistently passing easily.
Have her read the questions carefully, they are designed to be tricky and there are often double negatives and the like.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 08:35:31 AM »
Morning,  she has purchased the official book, just waiting on it to be delivered to her in america, and she said she has been practising some of the online tests at night and reading the answers to understand them.   The ones she tested me on I failed lol

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2021, 08:48:18 AM »
They're not easy!

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2021, 08:14:42 AM »

Yes, she must have passed the Life in the UK test before she applies for ILR.

If she cannot pass it before her current visa expires, she will have to apply for another 2.5-year FLR(M) instead, take the test, and then apply for ILR after passing the test... which means an extra £2,600 in visa fees - which you don’t want to spend out on if you don’t have to.

Morning, she now has her first test booked for 26th July, thats the earliest she can get as she doesnt fly back till 14th then has to quarantine for 10 days, unless Boris announces something new today...   So my question is, if she fails she will have possibly 2 more attempts at it with the 7 day gap before her current visa expires at the end of August.      If that happens I guess she has up to 31st August to get her visa application in, and if it was put in September she would be booted out?

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2021, 08:23:03 AM »
Morning, she now has her first test booked for 26th July, thats the earliest she can get as she doesnt fly back till 14th then has to quarantine for 10 days, unless Boris announces something new today...   So my question is, if she fails she will have possibly 2 more attempts at it with the 7 day gap before her current visa expires at the end of August.      If that happens I guess she has up to 31st August to get her visa application in, and if it was put in September she would be booted out?

No, as Ksand mentioned in the post you quoted. If she hasn't passed by the time her visa expires then she would have to apply for FLR instead. Then she would apply for ILR once she has the pass.
Hopefully won't come to that though.  :)

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2021, 08:42:17 AM »
Thanks fingers crossed,  shes busy reading the book every day and making flash cards and taking test exams back in america.   I have to agree though who cares who some of our sports starts are! I would have thought it was better learning laws / regulations than who won wimbledon in 2014  ???

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2021, 02:18:09 PM »
Today my wife passed the Life in Britain Test, she was in there a total of 6 minutes  :D for the questions for which she informs me she knew all of them but that is based on hours and hours of studying the book, doing tests, making notes etc, so thanks for those who assisted us on it earlier.

Now to get the Visa application applied for and the cheque book out :-(  I may be back with more questions once we start that application :-)

Thanks all...

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2021, 02:38:10 PM »
Today my wife passed the Life in Britain Test, she was in there a total of 6 minutes  :D for the questions for which she informs me she knew all of them but that is based on hours and hours of studying the book, doing tests, making notes etc, so thanks for those who assisted us on it earlier.

Now to get the Visa application applied for and the cheque book out :-(  I may be back with more questions once we start that application :-)

Thanks all...

Great news, congratulations! All the studying certainly paid off.  :)

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2021, 09:41:51 AM »
Hi experts

We have started completing the form today for my wife IFLR under the 5 year rule but would like advice on one of the questions.    It is asking how long as she livedin the UK,  well its 4 years and 11 months, as it only becomes 5 years end of August when her current Visa expires but we need to complete the application now....   

Does she put 5 years down or 4 years 11 months?

THanks in advance (hopefully there will not be many more queries)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2021, 09:46:59 AM »
Put whatever is true at the time she fills out the application.

So, if it’s been 4 years 11 months, then put 4 years 11 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab